LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 213 users in the forums

a definite now..??

• SaksV
  • Veteran
I saw us taking a corner regardless of what happened with Culliver. I doubt he'll be released. He's most likely going to miss a couple games but he won't be released.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
im ok with that but I really think they will trade up for Gilbert..and say he slid to umm 14 it would cost us our 1st titans 3rd and say our 5th..bc didn't it only cost us our 1st and a top 10 3rd RD pick ( unsure whos pick it was ) last year to move up from 31 to 18..? give me Gilbert who will start opposite Brock day 1 and we take another CB in the 3rd..

49ers basically ripped off the Cowboys, realistically that move up should have cost the 49ers their 1st and a late 2nd round. If you want to move up to 15, it'll cost the 49ers exactly that.

it was real so idk what you mean realistically..the cowboys have a chart saying what every pick is worth so idk how they would just let us rip them off..but ok..
it was real so idk what you mean realistically..the cowboys have a chart saying what every pick is worth so idk how they would just let us rip them off..but ok..

Because they're the Cowboys? They were desperate to trade back and took less than what the normal value of that variation is. I don't know if you can count on another team being that desperate. If you read the stories following that trade, people were wondering exactly why the Cowboys took so little to make that trade.

Because they're the Cowboys? They were desperate to trade back and took less than what the normal value of that variation is. I don't know if you can count on another team being that desperate. If you read the stories following that trade, people were wondering exactly why the Cowboys took so little to make that trade.

to be honest I don't remember reading people questioning the trade..just questioning the pick by Dallas..think it was Travis Frederick from Wisconsin

to be honest I don't remember reading people questioning the trade..just questioning the pick by Dallas..think it was Travis Frederick from Wisconsin

we gave the the 74th overall pick in the draft with our 1st which was 31st to move up to 18th overall..i was saying we would give our 30th this year and titans 77th this year and our 5th which is 170 for the 14th overall..i think your right we would have to part with our 2nd instead of the titans 3rd I was offering..
I think we should draft Fuller at #30. I personally like him more than Gilbert and think he could be an immediate impact player. I think we definitely have to draft two CB's in the top 100, maybe even 3
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
I think we should draft Fuller at #30. I personally like him more than Gilbert and think he could be an immediate impact player. I think we definitely have to draft two CB's in the top 100, maybe even 3

2 should be fine considering that they already have Brock, Wright, Cox and Morris. Maybe a project late in the draft or a guy like Colvin who can be stashed away on IR.
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

2 should be fine considering that they already have Brock, Wright, Cox and Morris. Maybe a project late in the draft or a guy like Colvin who can be stashed away on IR.

do you think Cox and Morris will be ahead of Cook..?
[ Edited by jersey49er on Mar 28, 2014 at 7:45 PM ]

I'm not counting on Cook for anything. He's been a terrible player in Minnesota, he's basically getting the equivalent of a tryout with the 49ers, if he doesn't hack it, they cut ties with him pretty swiftly. I guess until he proves otherwise, I'm just going to go on assuming that he'll be playing in Canada next season.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Does anyone think this is all the more reason we should go with Tuitt at 30 if he is available? I honestly don't think a corner short of Gilbert or Dennard is going to make as much of a difference as a strong, 2011 level pass rush. Did anyone notice the availability of top good to elite level corners that were free agents this year? Clearly CB is not where its at. Take Tuitt with the first, Desir or Joyner with our own second.

ill be honest I was thinking that before..our front 7 basically made an old slow footed Carlos Rogers into a good CB..i think our front 7 clearly disguised our weekness in the secondary..but I also think having Gilbert who I personally think will be a great player for years will be amazing..finally a young secondary..except Bethea..

I can't knock taking Gilbert. But to me, unless its Gilbert or Dennard, they should still take Tuitt if he's available.

I like Tuitt..hes a beast and will be a very good 3-4 DE and I can picture him and Carradine our future taking over for Smith and Mcdonald..but he will be a back up for a year or 2 while our need for CB is way more important this year..

I think if they took a player like Tuitt, he and Carradine could be rotated in heavily to give Smith and McDonald a breather. Depending on how the young guys perform, I think they could see 40% of the snaps. You also have to take into account how it helps Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks, and Corey Lemonier. Plus, we can get a better corner in round 2, than we could going corner in round 1 and trying to get a DE later.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Well it's a definite:

Justin Gilbert
Darqueze Dennard
Kyle Fuller
Jason Verrett

Anyone of these CB's will do.....I just want one!!!!.....two would be frickin amazing and could give a sh!t if Culliver is suspended for the year.

I'm not counting on Cook for anything. He's been a terrible player in Minnesota, he's basically getting the equivalent of a tryout with the 49ers, if he doesn't hack it, they cut ties with him pretty swiftly. I guess until he proves otherwise, I'm just going to go on assuming that he'll be playing in Canada next season.

lol I agree..and to think I thought Cook was going to be decent coming out of Virginia..has the size and speed..other then legal troubles I guess hes the CB clone of WR Baldwin..great speed size but cant put it together..
WR or CB, CB or WR????? Hell, I've been all about taking a WR in the 1st, and a CB bot the 2nd & 3rd round. Think that got blown up this morning. What a bone headed, dumas thing to do. Now I just hope we draft a smart CB in the 1st rd, who can cover, & not have a police record like most of the rest of our CBs........
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well it's a definite:

Justin Gilbert
Darqueze Dennard
Kyle Fuller
Jason Verrett

Anyone of these CB's will do.....I just want one!!!!.....two would be frickin amazing and could give a sh!t if Culliver is suspended for the year.

Verrett and Fuller and call it a draft.

If not those two then give me Verrett and Breeland, or Fuller and Joyner, or Fuller and Desir, or Verrett and Desir, or Fuller and Watkins, or Verrett, Watkins and Colvin(IR). BOOM.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 28, 2014 at 7:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Maui9er:
WR or CB, CB or WR????? Hell, I've been all about taking a WR in the 1st, and a CB bot the 2nd & 3rd round. Think that got blown up this morning. What a bone headed, dumas thing to do. Now I just hope we draft a smart CB in the 1st rd, who can cover, & not have a police record like most of the rest of our CBs........

really before this you would have taken a WR in the 1st..? I was thinking CB always..WR class is so much deeper and I think less a need..a healthy Crabtree/Boldin/Patton I love..knock on wood..!!!
Share 49ersWebzone