LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 181 users in the forums

Niners awarded 3rd round Compensatory Pick

Niners awarded 3rd round Compensatory Pick

Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Goldson, Walker & Sopoaga on one side of the scale; Dorsey on the other.

It better be a 3rd and then some.

I don't know that Soap even counts since he got cut. But its not just Dorsey for the 49ers, it is also Skuta, Dahl and Dawson.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Goldson, Walker & Sopoaga on one side of the scale; Dorsey on the other.

It better be a 3rd and then some.

I don't know that Soap even counts since he got cut. But its not just Dorsey for the 49ers, it is also Skuta, Dahl and Dawson.

Of course he would count. He played 14 games for Philly/NE. Still going to be a 4th rounder though.
  • buck
  • Veteran
The answer should arrive next week.

It's about the contract they signed as a FA. Doesn't matter if they played or not
^^^ It does matter if they played or not, and how many games they start. If they're not on the team through week 8 it doesn't count at all. Soap was gone after Week 9.

Oh yeah, I forgot about RJF & Dahl, Dawson & Skuta.

But Sopoaga wasn't cut; he was traded to the Pats. So at least he played the whole season.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Compensatory Picks

NFL draft compensatory picks will be announced, likely on Monday afternoon.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Owners-To-Vote-On-13-Proposed-Rule-Changes-/89e3e831-2221-4ee5-99b5-9eab07f1abb4
Signed:
Dorsey ($3m)
Dawson ($2.4m)
Dahl ($1.75m)
Skuta ($1.5m)

Total $ Players Signed: $8.65 mil

Lost:
Goldson ($8.25m),
Walker ($4.4m),
Sopoaga ($3.7m),
RJF($5.5m)
Ginn ($1m)
Akers cut?

Total $ Players Lost: $22.85 mil

Net contracts of players gained minus lost were negative $14.2 million . . . so we lost more FA than we gained and we also lost way better FA's than we gained. So really we deserve a 3rd compensatory pick, as they project Green Bay getting a 3rd even though their net ledger balance was only negative $13.5 mil. But they will probably give us a 4th
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/red_zone/2014-NFL-compensatory-pick-projections.html
[ Edited by maxsmart on Mar 23, 2014 at 12:47 AM ]
I think we deserve a 3rd for Goldson and a 4th for Walker in a perfect world but obviously won't happen. Our guys got some big priced contracts and we lost a lot more than we gained although our FA's preformed a lot better than most thought they would.

And speculating on next year right now looks like Bethea will cancel out Whitner and Cook will cancel out Manningham. Leaves Dixon and Brown and I'd say we get 1-2 7s.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 23, 2014 at 12:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think we deserve a 3rd for Goldson and a 4th for Walker in a perfect world but obviously won't happen. Our guys got some big priced contracts and we lost a lot more than we gained although our FA's preformed a lot better than most thought they would.

And speculating on next year right now looks like Bethea will cancel out Whitner and Cook will cancel out Manningham. Leaves Dixon and Brown and I'd say we get 1-2 7s.

Whitner's contract was much larger than Bethea, and Brown signed for $3.5 mil so they should get at least a 6th for Brown

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
4th. Thanks a LOT, Obama!

He ruins everything
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

He ruins everything

+1
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

He ruins everything

+1
Well considering Bush gave us Goodell...you tell me
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Are the commissioners of sporting leagues appointed by the Current President or r u just sticking up for Obama?
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Are the commissioners of sporting leagues appointed by the Current President or r u just sticking up for Obama?

Yes
Share 49ersWebzone