There are 252 users in the forums

my mock draft again...this time, I was sober

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Don't like it. Am I the only one that was impressed with TJE and Dorsey last season? And with Tank and Dial, why go DL with first pick?

Right with you. He moved like a linebacker on that interception he had last year.
Nice mock luv tha first 2 picks ... are u sure u was 100% sober(maybe a few shots) u forgot a 3rd round pick N u took 2 D-line men ...im all for tha D-line but 2 a little much ...
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
Don't like it. Am I the only one that was impressed with TJE and Dorsey last season? And with Tank and Dial, why go DL with first pick?

Right with you. He moved like a linebacker on that interception he had last year.

Alot of our D-line are FAz after 2015 season so why not have a beast like tuitt waitin to take over besides Dial ,TJE N Dorsey wont be as special as Tuitt will be ....
You do realize that RayMac and Justin, especially Justin, are done within the next two years? Should we trust TJE, Okoye, Dobbs or Tank particularly IF we have the opportunity to get a clearcut first-round talent in Tuitt?

Imho, the trenches should be filled with potential starters. There you go.

Contrary to that I don't want us to go for a CB or WR in the first round so badly. Both positions are deep in this draft, no need to rush unless we are fallen in love with someone.
But if a guy falls into your lap who should be gone about 5-15 picks ago, you either trade down, if it is a position like QB, TE, OLB, RB, OT, which is set for now pretty good or you pick the guy within a heartbeat.
[ Edited by communist on Mar 14, 2014 at 2:43 PM ]
Great mock VERY REALISTIC
OK let's try to make a case for tuitt.
1, front seven of 9ers is why we go to playoffs
2, cowboy and mac are getting old, so more likely to be injured.
3, tank hasn't proved anything yet (although I have high expectations)
4, a rotation on the dl was being used more last year than the year before because, did I mention, cowboy and mac are getting old.
5, this is a unique draft in that a high quality pass rushing 3-4 de will be available at the end of the 1st round - this position has been (along with pass rushing nt) very difficult to find. next year may not have any prospects of this quality at the end of round 1 where we are likely to be drafting again. wont be shocked if tuitt is already gone when our pick comes along. also, since this a deep draft for wr and cb the best value drafting would be to get cb and wr later.
6, competition. tuitt probably will be better than dobbs sooner rather than later. might also be better than tank and tje. pass rush is so crucial that any upgrade is worth trying for. even with our other needs for cb wr safety and so on, the team is deep enough (and enough draft choices) that we can afford this try for pass rush.
communist, you beat me to it on this argument. I took a phone call while typing...
Stephon Tuitt is 20 with a minor injury that should be healed by the draft. Carradine is 24 coming off a major injury which may still be impacting his athleticism. Tuitt is bigger and stronger and I wouldn't be surprised if he was as athletic given Carradine's injury. At best (without the injury), Tank would've been a mid-first round prospect because of his age. Tuitt could still be a mid-first round pick despite the injury in a stronger draft class. He is easily the better prospect in my opinion even if Carradine wasn't injured. With the injury, Tank was picked around where he should have been given his age and the uncertainty of when he would be back and if he would fully recover. Both players have great length (34 5/8" arms for Tank, 34 3/4" for Tuitt) and I would be happy with them as bookends in the future. Tuitt would start opposite Justin Smith by the end of the season with Tank and McDonald rotating in. He also has the size and experience to rotate to DT on 3rd downs and really fill Justin Smith's role.

If Tuitt is there at 30 (and I don't expect him to be), I would take him. It's not a position of need, but he's a great scheme fit and a really nice value at 30.
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Mar 14, 2014 at 4:42 PM ]
Wrong thread my friend.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I see someone warming up to Tuitt

Yeah that's what I get for looking through multiple threads and posting from my phone - was responding to Phoenix's draft but at least you chose Tuitt too. I'll delete the last part which doesn't apply.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Stephon Tuitt is 20 with a minor injury that should be healed by the draft. Carradine is 24 coming off a major injury which may still be impacting his athleticism. Tuitt is bigger and stronger and I wouldn't be surprised if he was as athletic given Carradine's injury. At best (without the injury), Tank would've been a mid-first round prospect because of his age. Tuitt could still be a mid-first round pick despite the injury in a stronger draft class. He is easily the better prospect in my opinion even if Carradine wasn't injured. With the injury, Tank was picked around where he should have been given his age and the uncertainty of when he would be back and if he would fully recover. Both players have great length (34 5/8" arms for Tank, 34 3/4" for Tuitt) and I would be happy with them as bookends in the future. Tuitt would start opposite Justin Smith by the end of the season with Tank and McDonald rotating in. He also has the size and experience to rotate to DT on 3rd downs and really fill Justin Smith's role.

If Tuitt is there at 30 (and I don't expect him to be), I would take him. It's not a position of need, but he's a great scheme fit and a really nice value at 30.

I love Tuitt, but he isn't half as athletic as Tank Carradine.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
mathews has some good qualities but he will never start and win games because he's just a good ivy league athlete--way out of his league in the nfl. when the action is flying fast, he'll drown.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Alot of our D-line are FAz after 2015 season so why not have a beast like tuitt waitin to take over besides Dial ,TJE N Dorsey wont be as special as Tuitt will be ....

Dial, TJE, Ian Williams and Dorsey won't be as special as Tuitt... Really???

I guess they won't be nothing Much like Waiver Wire Pick up Ahmad Brooks.

4th round pick Dashon Goldson
5h round pick Tarell Brown
6th round pick Delanie Walker or better yet...
UDFA's Tramaine Brock and Alex Boone.

I trust my eyes and TJE looked okay. Not saying all of our back-ups will turn into high end starters/Pro Bowlers but I would not assume being a first round pick qualifies you as a solid starter.

One thing all those players I mentioned above had in common, is that they all improved over time. TJE, Dobbs and Williams can all have break out years this year they are far from being garbage players.
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Dial, TJE, Ian Williams and Dorsey won't be as special as Tuitt... Really???

I guess they won't be nothing Much like Waiver Wire Pick up Ahmad Brooks.

4th round pick Dashon Goldson
5h round pick Tarell Brown
6th round pick Delanie Walker or better yet...
UDFA's Tramaine Brock and Alex Boone.

I trust my eyes and TJE looked okay. Not saying all of our back-ups will turn into high end starters/Pro Bowlers but I would not assume being a first round pick qualifies you as a solid starter.

One thing all those players I mentioned above had in common, is that they all improved over time. TJE, Dobbs and Williams can all have break out years this year they are far from being garbage players.

Never said anything about being garbage i hate when pplz put words into my posts what i said N stand by is Tuitt is something special N if drafted by us or any team he will be a starter N a stud D-lineman in a few yrs ...

P.S. where did i ever say anything about Goldson ,brown , brock or boone ??? Hhmmm dont think i did ....
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Mar 14, 2014 at 10:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone