LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 181 users in the forums

Reynolds,Loston,Dixon which safety do u want

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by Ruhl:
Antone Exum! We can probably scoop the guy in the 5th or 6th.

hes a CB.

Exum played safety for his first 3 years there (includes his redshirt freshman year), was an honorable mention safety in 2011 and didn't move to CB until his junior year. Technically he only played one full year at CB and that was 2012, so he should be fine.

With Bethea as our starter Exum would be a great guy to develop in the later rounds imo
Bucannon is my guy, although i think he is overvalued in mocks. Exum late might be a more realistic move. .
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Really? If we went on what your saying then we shouldn't draft from any school, all schools produce busts brah!
And can you tell me what school the best 49ers safety ever and one of the best all time, my favorite 49er all time Ronnie Lott came from? Or how about another future hall of famer Troy Polamalu? That's two of the best Safeties to ever play the game man, sure USC produced busts as does every school, but it also produced some pretty good ones if you ask me. SMFH

USC had their heyday for producing great players like Lott and polamalu but look back more recently like like last 5 or 6 years.Even when Lott was drafted from USC they were still producing busts.USC probably has produced more busts than a lot of other universities.Maybe even more than Bama.BTW see Todd Marinovich,Taylor Mays,Matt Leinart,etc.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Jimmie Ward frm Northern Illinois is my #1 safety then Terrence Brooks frm Florida state is #2 on my list ....

My safety board is
1. Pryor
2. Ward
3. Clinton-Dix
4. Brooks

To me, Brooks is vastly underrated. He is a top 50 player in my grading.
The more I see of Lamarcus Joyner's ball skills, the more I want him on the Niners.
Share 49ersWebzone