There are 231 users in the forums

Revised Perfect Draft with Anquan Boldin!

Vince Young blows
Not a bad mock draft. We lose 3 CB's rogers,wright and brown but aside from an IR stash you only draft 1. Instead of Sutton who sounds more like a project maybe we pick another CB in round 3 in his place. I would also love to see another WR drafted. We are left with 4 and Osgood. Would like to have 5 real pass catchers. We never have depth at this position. It also takes time to develop rookie WR's so this would give us time to develop them while we have starters. Maybe use our 4th rounder for a 2nd WR, As far as the ILB Barrow if he is available later maybe we pick him. If not we are fine. We have our 2 starters for years to come. Whilhoite can fill in til Bowman is back. Moody provides depth and we can draft depth later in the draft or even sign a vet to a 1 yr deal to fill the void.

As for Sutton he sounds like a project. A 50lb weight problem. If he is available in the 5th round maybe we take a flier on him. I could be wrong but that seems like a big problem. Especially going in to his draft year and your whole career ahead depends on your performance and you are out of shape.

It will be fun watching what the 49ers do. Baalke always gets the better of the negotiations. I can't believe he moved up 13 spots in the 1st round for a 3rd rounder last year and then drops back 6 spots in the 2nd round and got us back a 3rd rounder for this year. I love the way he wheels and deals. I want to see us draft 2 CB's and 2 WR's, a SS and a Center and a DT. After that I am open to whatever the 49ers decide to do.

I hope we don't draft a bunch of players at the back end just to end up cutting them like last year.
Still no speed at WR...instead you reach for Landry.

Dennard would be awesome.
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
My latest mock: I have QB Logan Thomas being converted to a TE, also updated my injury draftees.

#2a S LaMarcus Joyner (trade down a bit for 2015 3rd rounder)

#2b CB Pierre Desir

#2c WR Martavis Bryant

#3a C Weston Richburg

#3b WR Donte Moncreif

#3c ILB Yawin Smallwood

#4a Inj. QB Aaron Murray (trade down a bit for a 2015 7th rounder)

#5 Inj. CB Aaron Colvin (trade down a bit for a 2015 7th rounder)

#6 TE Logan Thomas (trade down a bit for a 2014 7th rounder)

#7a WR Geremy Gallon or Dri Archer

#7b Inj. OG Spencer Long

#7c Inj. FB Trey Millard

#7d Inj. S Nickoe Whitley (obtained in a trade down)

2013 Redshirts/Injured: NT: Ian Williams, DT: Dominique Dial, DE: Tank Carridine, DE: Lawrence Okoye, OT: Marquardt, RB: Marcus Lattimore

*No D lineman, OT, or RB needed in 2014 draft due to redshirt/Injured players returning in 2014

UDRFA/ Undrafted Rookie Free Agents:
QB: Connor Shaw
QB: Denarius McGhee
DT: Chris Whaley (INJURED)
Draft is solid save for the bolded picks. Bryant is WAY too high there, imo. Even if he runs a nice 4.4x at the combine, he is simply not worth a second rounder in this WR-class.
Desir showed some skills at the Senior Bowl but I wouldn't risk it though. 3rd-round at the earliest...again, CB-class is deep.
Share 49ersWebzone