LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 261 users in the forums

Perfect Draft for 49ers

Originally posted by pdizo916:
stopped reading after this:

Cut/FA Departures: Anquan Boldin WR,

Co-sign
Don't want to cut Boldin. He still has at least two more years left at playing at high level and he has great chemistry with Kap.

On to your mock, I really like your first three picks. Matthews, Bucannon, and Fuller . Also really like Easley, Colvin, and Long picks as well.

Moncrief is a very solid pick but if we're taking Matthews, I'd like to add a speedster like Herron to compliment him. We already have a s**tload of possession guys, I think we need a guy that can blow the lid off of a defense like Ty Hilton. Guys like that give Seattle's secondary fits. Aaron Murray in the mid rounds for a backup QB would be ideal as well. But otherwise, very solid draft.
Originally posted by communist:
You draft two physical receivers instead of getting us at least one fast WR? Why? Given that, we would have an overload of physical/possession receivers. Don't forget that Seattle's DB is a physical one; if you wanna win against them, you have to have some speed; that's where they lack by definition.
Honestly, I would prefer Aaron Murray in the 4th.
Kyle Fuller is agressive? I wouldn't say that he is the best fit for our scheme. Our secondary plays something similar to prevent defense, iirc, off coverage...give the opp some yards but don't give them big gains. An (over)-agressive corner would kill us.

Do not like that you want to let Boldin walk. This man can play another year on a high level, imo. He has got so much experience. Also, I would try to retain Snyder.
Why do you retain Dahl?

DO LIKE Matthews, Buccanon, that you adressed the CB, Colvin, Easley at the end of the 3rd, Larsen in the 4th, Grimble in the 6th.

Disagree. The best corner on our team that has been our closest to lock down CB is as aggressive and physical as they come.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
See some of AB81's mock offseason's for proof as to how it could be done. The big contracts won't hit us until 2015 and 2016, but things can be done to lower guys like Vernon Davis's, Frank Gore's, and Patrick Willis's cap numbers. Also Kilgore, Culliver, and Miller will not be expensive resigns. Iupati is probably the odd man out, but outside of that, we can realistically make a run with our core players through the 2015 season.

I looked at AB81's mock and yes he has a plan to keep Boldin and Whitner but it leaves us almost no money to sign our draft picks and no money to resign guys like Kaep, Aldon, and Crabs. He also overpaid Boldin and underpaid Whitner. His plan would be an all in approach to the 2014 season but once the season is over we would have to loose more than just Iupati. Also if we did win the SB next year everyone would be valued even greater making it harder to resign players.
Originally posted by sLarsen7:
See some of AB81's mock offseason's for proof as to how it could be done. The big contracts won't hit us until 2015 and 2016, but things can be done to lower guys like Vernon Davis's, Frank Gore's, and Patrick Willis's cap numbers. Also Kilgore, Culliver, and Miller will not be expensive resigns. Iupati is probably the odd man out, but outside of that, we can realistically make a run with our core players through the 2015 season.

I looked at AB81's mock and yes he has a plan to keep Boldin and Whitner but it leaves us almost no money to sign our draft picks and no money to resign guys like Kaep, Aldon, and Crabs. He also overpaid Boldin and underpaid Whitner. His plan would be an all in approach to the 2014 season but once the season is over we would have to loose more than just Iupati. Also if we did win the SB next year everyone would be valued even greater making it harder to resign players.

AB has been right a helluva lot more than he's been wrong. For years.
hey this is a joke right
perfect draft for 49ers.

move up in 1st round for sammy watkins. thats all.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Cut/FA Departures: Carlos Rodgers CB, Mario Manningham WR, Jonathon Goodwin C, Jon Baldwin WR, Colt McCoy QB, Adam Snyder OG, Demarcus Dobbs DT, Eric Wright CB.

Resign/ FA Additions: Michael Whilhoite ILB, Kassim Osgood WR, Perish Cox CB, Phil Dawson K.

The 49ers DO NOT trade their 1st round pick for a high (top 8) 2nd and 4th round pick.

49ers DO NOT trade Kendal Hunter for a 4th round draft pick.

2a. Jordan Mathews WR 6-3 209. Mathews is a very well rounded receiver with great hands. He is a great route runner and has a high football IQ. He is a lot like Crabtree with tremendous catching ability. He is capable of being the 49ers #2 receiver. NFL Comparison: James Jones

2b. Deone Bucannon SS 6-1 215. Bucannon is a big hitting safety with big play ability. Scouts have gone as far as compare him to Eric Berry. His ball skills will make him a great safety for the 49ers. He and Reid at safety will make a great safety combo for years to come. NFL Comparison: Eric Berry

2c. Kyle Fuller CB 6-0 194. Fuller is a big physical CB that is very aggressive in run and pass coverage. He has smooth hips and natural footwork. He is not the fastest corner but has great ball skills. He could be our #2 or 3 corner depending on how Culliver comes back. NFL Comparison: Antoine Winfield

3a. Pierre Desir CB 6-1 195. Desir is experience in both man to man press coverage and zone coverage. Has great length and fluid hips and is able to cover ground quickly. He has a nose for the ball but needs to improve tackling technique. With him and Fuller coming to the 49ers it will fix our huge need at CB.

53 Man Roster/Depth Chart:
QB: Kaepernick, David Fales, Bethel (law firm)
RB: Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, James (maybe)
WR: Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, Rookie, Osgood, Rookie
TE: Davis, McDonald, Rookie, Celek
OT: Staley, Davis, Bykowski
OG: Iupati, Boone, Looney
C: Kilgore, Larsen (maybe)
DT: J. Smith, McDonald, Carradine, TJE, Dial
NT: Dorsey, Williams, Rookie
OLB: A. Smith, Brooks, Lemonier, Skuta
ILB: Willis, Bowman, Whilhoite, Moody, Rookie
CB: Brock, Culliver, Brown (maybe), Fuller / Desir (maybe), Cox
FS: Reid, Free Agent, Rookie (maybe)
SS: D. Hitner, Bucannon (maybe), Spillman
ST: Lee, McDermott, Dawson. Add and/or release a couple of players from any position

[ Edited by LVJay on Jan 25, 2014 at 7:03 PM ]

I'm surprised to hear that cause Boldin is getting same money as he got past 3 seasons. He may be in his 30s, but he still productive, rather have him starting over a rookie. Plus Joel Corry, former agent, mentioned in an article that Boldin should be in the range of Reggie Wayne's 3yr $17.5M deal. So my deal isn't overpaying him. Wayne and Boldin are similar in age I believe.

Whitner I believe can be signed for that. I think most 49er fans would say, Boldin or Whitner? Boldin is the winner.

I do like the draft. Matthews is one of my favorite WRs.

Not a fan of dealing Hunter, who isn't the same since the achilles injury, and a 4th is high for him IMO.
Originally posted by Beeker:

You're only saying that cause I know Paraag's favorite lunch meal.

But seriously I appreciate the love,

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Because you know Paraag's lunch meal (3%)

Because your mocks are pretty damn good (97%)

Originally posted by LVJay:

Because you know Paraag's lunch meal (3%)

Because your mocks are pretty damn good (97%)

Thanks LVJay. Appreciate it. In my defense, I was right on AJ Jenkins, I knew they wouldn't eat money. I've been wrong, but I think I have a good track record. So I do appreciate all the love.
I don't like this mock draft it goes against what we do and that is get better, this mock is for people who like the draft not stuff that makes since come on look at the WR's that you have us drafting you are not drafting them on their pro projection but their production in college only horrible mock draft.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Thanks LVJay. Appreciate it. In my defense, I was right on AJ Jenkins, I knew they wouldn't eat money. I've been wrong, but I think I have a good track record. So I do appreciate all the love.

Credit is given to where it's do ... Although, I hardly comment on mocks, I just like to read them.

sLarsen7 has some interesting things, but I don't know as much (as you guys) on college prospects. I'll leave that up to you "mock" guys
Originally posted by LVJay:

Credit is given to where it's do ... Although, I hardly comment on mocks, I just like to read them.

sLarsen7 has some interesting things, but I don't know as much (as you guys) on college prospects. I'll leave that up to you "mock" guys

lol, yeah I know. I started doing draft stuff in like 2006 so not completely new, but not a real veteran yet.

Cap though, doing since 2002, and online since 2005-2006 was my start date. Took over NCH in 09, so it's been a good ride.
Share 49ersWebzone