LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Keith McGill-CB-Utah

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Not a fan of this guy in the 2nd round... I think he is a 3rd at best.

I was thinking 4th
The corner with the highest ceiling looks like Utah's Keith McGill. At 6-3, 214 pounds, he moves with tremendous fluidly through transitions and impressed during T-step redirect drills. He's not a natural hands guy and continued to drop interception opportunities. Nevertheless, the length to affect the catch point is still overwhelming for some of the South receivers he faced. When lined up in press man, he flashed the ability to mirror and wall receivers to the sideline, but will require further development with his hand usage through the release.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-01-21/2014-senior-bowl-nfl-draft-scouting-report-derek-carr-dee-ford-daniel-mccullers-will-sutton-south-practice-roster
Originally posted by lamontb:
I was thinking 4th

Yeah, that won't happen, he'll go in the 2nd round sometime most likely. He has freakish upside to end up as possibly the best corner from this draft. Not a ready to go out of the box guy but someone you develop over time. He's only played CB for one year. I look at him similarly as I did JJ Wilcox last draft, a guy who was unpolished, who didn't have much experience but he came in and was a damn good contributor for the Cowboys as a rookie.
  • Ruhl
  • Veteran
Well, I'm excited to see him in senior bowl
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Yes please. Stanley Jean Baptiste first for me for the tall CBs, but would be happy with this guy too. F it can we get both!

What the hell lets do it! Trade back from round 1 into round 2 and grab one of them. Then trade up higher if necessary in rd 2 to grab the other. Super bowl!!! LOL
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
When I watch him hes not really as physical as you'd like to see for a big CB. I also don't think hes that great of a tackler, he could use some work in that department. With that said, I'd love it if the 9ers take him in the 2nd or 3rd, 9ers got two of each.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
When I watch him hes not really as physical as you'd like to see for a big CB. I also don't think hes that great of a tackler, he could use some work in that department. With that said, I'd love it if the 9ers take him in the 2nd or 3rd, 9ers got two of each.

+1
  • sfout
  • Veteran

The Utes usually don't want to play a very physical defensive backfield, something has confused me for years because of the guys they manage to recruit. It was always about being able to run with the offensive player. Which is something funny because Sean Smith is one stiff hipped mofo in the NFL now.

My favorite thing about McGill's game that I saw in person during the spring and during a few games was an ability to play around a WR to defend passes, even if the receiver had the inside on him he usually contested them well.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sfout:

The Utes usually don't want to play a very physical defensive backfield, something has confused me for years because of the guys they manage to recruit. It was always about being able to run with the offensive player. Which is something funny because Sean Smith is one stiff hipped mofo in the NFL now.

My favorite thing about McGill's game that I saw in person during the spring and during a few games was an ability to play around a WR to defend passes, even if the receiver had the inside on him he usually contested them well.

Oh no doubt McGill has good coverage skills, very fluid, but I just wanna see the 9ers pick up a CB with a meanstreak, like GIlbert, Joyner and Dennard show. I don't wanna see another Carlos Rogers, a nice guy that gets burnt all the time. And one thing is for sure too, hes definitely better in coverage than Sean Smith, that dude just gets roasted.

So like American Idol, it's a yes for me.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
what is it with utah putting out these tall cbs..chiefs shaun smith 6-3 and now this guy

Lol 1 tall CB every 4 years hardly qualifies them as "Tall CB U"

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by hofer36:
what is it with utah putting out these tall cbs..chiefs shaun smith 6-3 and now this guy

Lol 1 tall CB every 4 years hardly qualifies them as "Tall CB U"

lol. well actually about 2/3s of the DBs they recruit are on the 6'2"+ side of the scale.....They just don't become NFL talent.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Final play of the highlights. McGill makes a pretty fantastic INT.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-senior-bowl/0ap2000000317798/2014-Reese-s-Senior-Bowl-highlights
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 25, 2014 at 8:01 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Final play of the highlights. McGill makes a pretty fantastic INT.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-senior-bowl/0ap2000000317798/2014-Reese-s-Senior-Bowl-highlights

Nice int. Would like to see this guy on the 49ers next year.
[ Edited by tohara3 on Jan 25, 2014 at 9:08 PM ]
this kid will climb boards so quick during combine...early 2nd or late 1st when all said and done. BOOK IT! bold I know haha...but this kid is fantastic and still has a lot more room to improve. Love his ability and potential
I have him going #98 overall in my 7 rounder. Good... but with the number of excellent CBs in this class... he falls, IMHO.
Share 49ersWebzone