There are 174 users in the forums

Brandin Cooks- WR, Oregon St.

Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Brandin cooks on Jim Rome... "whoever picks me your getting an individual that will perform on and off the field and will not see me on espn for the wrong reasons"

49ers pick him

Also saw heard him on the Jim Rome show and was asked about being compared to Steve Smith and said he looks up to him and believes his style is similar as they both have that killer instinct to be great really enjoyed his interview kid is the real deal
Love his speed and strength but hope he doesn't become another AJ. Kaps deep ball accuracy seemed to take a dive last year but having a guy like this that you can't really overthrow could help a lot.
I wanted Austin last year, I want this guy this year. I hope they finally realized a deep threat with speed (and strength "AJ") is our missing link on offense
  • pfizz
i have my heart set on us drafting this guy so much that im going to be extremely dissapointed if hes not a 49er come draft day. we have so many picks to maneuver up with and not enough roster spots for all our potential picks so there is zero reason why he shouldn't be a 49er if they like him.
[ Edited by pfizz on Mar 7, 2014 at 11:34 PM ]
March 14 couldn't come any faster let this thread blow up
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
I doubt he will be over drafted just because he is NOT a #1 Wr potentially like Watkins, Evans, Matthews to even Benjamin imo. We saw last year Tavon Austin get over drafted just cause of his speed but is NOT going to be a #1 Wr

Tavon Austin is a Swiss Army knife but can only play inside at slot WR. Cooks is a WR that can play outside and inside. Cooks plays a lot like Mike Wallace.
Originally posted by Ice49er:
I doubt he will be over drafted just because he is NOT a #1 Wr potentially like Watkins, Evans, Matthews to even Benjamin imo. We saw last year Tavon Austin get over drafted just cause of his speed but is NOT going to be a #1 Wr

Tavon Austin is a Swiss Army knife but can only play inside at slot WR. Cooks is a WR that can play outside and inside. Cooks plays a lot like Mike Wallace.

I understand that but Cooks won't be drafted in the top 10 like Tavon Austin who was 8th, this draft is the deepest in 10 years

What happens on March 14?

WTF? Tell that to Vontae Davis who he blew by on a vertical route for a 43 yard TD. On another long TD catch and run, he also started off inside then went in motion, took a short pass and went the distance. He has zero issue playing inside or outside.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Not true at all.

Originally posted by 49ers808:

What happens on March 14?

His pro day kid
Like Cooks, but are we overrating him as a KR/PR? Just thinking, 49ers may have a toss-up between him and Odell Beckham as Beckham has the better Returner skills. Beckham also has the experience working as the deep threat opposite a great possession receiver (Jarvis Landry), which is the role he'd play on the 49ers.

Beckham's stat's last year are eerily similar to Cooks when he had to share the spot light w/Markus Wheaton. However Cooks showed the potential to be a #1 receiver ala Steve Smith when he was the main guy this past year.

Baalke and staffs job to select right guy at WR. We'll see what happens.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/brandin-cooks-1.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/odell-beckham-jr-1.html
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
Like Cooks, but are we overrating him as a KR/PR? Just thinking, 49ers may have a toss-up between him and Odell Beckham as Beckham has the better Returner skills. Beckham also has the experience working as the deep threat opposite a great possession receiver (Jarvis Landry), which is the role he'd play on the 49ers.

Beckham's stat's last year are eerily similar to Cooks when he had to share the spot light w/Markus Wheaton. However Cooks showed the potential to be a #1 receiver ala Steve Smith when he was the main guy this past year.

Baalke and staffs job to select right guy at WR. We'll see what happens.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/brandin-cooks-1.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/odell-beckham-jr-1.html

Reason I pick Cooks over Beckham is because of long term solution as a WR compared to Beckham. Both are good fits but the greater value is Cooks imo
Cooks will be a beast....
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
.... On another long TD catch and run, he also started off inside then went in motion, took a short pass and went the distance. He has zero issue playing inside or outside.

Not saying he cant play outside,...but plays where he starts out inside wouldn't prove that he can 1 bit.

The phrase "can play outside" refers to being able to line up there and be successful with no tricks or decoys while teams know you'll be there a majority of the snaps, run or pass.

You'd expect any smaller outside slot guy to motion out wide and have successful plays.
Share 49ersWebzone