There are 222 users in the forums

Brandin Cooks- WR, Oregon St.

Brandin Cooks is athleticism, speed, production and character. Opposing teams threw the kitchen sink at Cooks to try and stop him. In the Oregon game the Ducks threw Iffo Ekpre-Olomu plus one or two other defenders on almost every play. The Ducks essentially ignored the rest of the Beaver offense. OSU averaged about 100 yards rushing a game but ran for 231 in the annual Civil War contest. This illuminates the lengths that other teams went to stop Cooks. He was essentially OSU's only offense weapon for most of the season. I am a Duck fan and have seen nearly every Duck game over the last 15 years thanks to cable. I have never seen the Ducks respect an opposing offensive player like they did Cooks in the Civl War and that includes guys like Dez Bryant, Steve Gronkowski and Marqise Lee. 128 recepions, 1730 yards, 16 touchdowns. Here is an article that sheds light on this guys character and who he is on the inside. He never missed a game from Pop Warner through D1.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/02/19/6173005/stocktons-cooks-aims-for-big-showing.html
[ Edited by domingo on Feb 25, 2014 at 9:36 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Agree, I see no Steve Smith. Been saying all season, but he reminds me of Antonio Brown.

Antonio Brown is a pretty good comparison. If anything I think Cooks will be over-drafted now. I see him as a guy with early 2nd round value but the Combine hype will carry him up the boards.

I doubt he will be over drafted just because he is NOT a #1 Wr potentially like Watkins, Evans, Matthews to even Benjamin imo. We saw last year Tavon Austin get over drafted just cause of his speed but is NOT going to be a #1 Wr
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Feb 26, 2014 at 6:47 AM ]
  • pfizz
draft cant come soon enough. i want to see if this is our man.
Originally posted by domingo:
Brandin Cooks is athleticism, speed, production and character. Opposing teams threw the kitchen sink at Cooks to try and stop him. In the Oregon game the Ducks threw Iffo Ekpre-Olomu plus one or two other defenders on almost every play. The Ducks essentially ignored the rest of the Beaver offense. OSU averaged about 100 yards rushing a game but ran for 231 in the annual Civil War contest. This illuminates the lengths that other teams went to stop Cooks. He was essentially OSU's only offense weapon for most of the season. I am a Duck fan and have seen nearly every Duck game over the last 15 years thanks to cable. I have never seen the Ducks respect an opposing offensive player like they did Cooks in the Civl War and that includes guys like Dez Bryant, Steve Gronkowski and Marqise Lee. 128 recepions, 1730 yards, 16 touchdowns. Here is an article that sheds light on this guys character and who he is on the inside. He never missed a game from Pop Warner through D1.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/02/19/6173005/stocktons-cooks-aims-for-big-showing.html
Nice Read. I like the guy even more now.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
After every catch, body language = confident, cocky lil *astard... I hope he lands with us!
Originally posted by LVJay:
After every catch, body language = confident, cocky lil *astard... I hope he lands with us!

Yep, he has "the dog in him" It's a quality that is needed to thrive. It all starts upstairs
[ Edited by kronik on Feb 26, 2014 at 7:59 PM ]
Originally posted by kronik:

Yep, he has "the dog in him" It's a quality that is needed to thrive. It all starts upstairs

Yup I hope we draft this kid would be an instant impact imo

This is where the Steve Smith comparisons come from IMO
NFL.com's Gil Brandt mentioned that Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks' 60-yd shuttle time (10.72) is the all-time combine record.

"Brandin Cooks says he was told his 10.72-sec 60-yd shuttle is alltime combine record. 1 of 2 players under 11 secs (Damian Copeland other)," Brandt tweeted. In 2012 Cooks also set the Oregon State record with a 6.81 second 60-meter dash. At the Combine he also took home $100,000 from Adidas, who gave the fastest (4.33 forty) athlete wearing there footwear a cash prize. Rotoworld's Josh Norris loves Cook's explosiveness and his ability to win at every level of the field, he currently sits at No.25 on his Top 50 board.

Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

April 14 Oregon st. pro day
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

Yup I hope we draft this kid would be an instant impact imo

Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
This is where the Steve Smith comparisons come from IMO

His attitude/confidence and under Boldin/Crabtree tutelage... he'll be even more cocky .

Patton and Cooks could be real good / scary in the future.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Kinda reminds me of Steve Smith.
Brandin cooks on Jim Rome... "whoever picks me your getting an individual that will perform on and off the field and will not see me on espn for the wrong reasons"

49ers pick him
I see more Desean Jackson than Steve Smith. Cooks is my favorite receiver in the draft, but he's not as tough as Smith is. And Smith actually blocks; Cooks does not.
Share 49ersWebzone