There are 65 users in the forums

Jason Verrett-CB-TCU

Couldn't agree more he has the best cover skills in this draft. And if people keep talking about what baalke says then remember wat JH said he wants guys who compete. He did his pro day and combine with a bum shoulder cuz he wants to compete
Hopefully we could trade up with Miami and grab him before the CB run happens. They need picks and we can't keep all our picks
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Raul98:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
19 reps on bench and 39.5 vert at pro day. With a hurt shoulder....

Jason Verrett has to be my favorite for the 49ers pick in the 1st round, tremendous all around corner, could step in as the slot corner from the get-go.
I have pushed for this guy on this thread (not like the 49ers will listen to me) but I'm looking past the usual BS of oh hes to short or Baalke wont take him cause his arms are not long enough. I'm looking at heart determination and skill and this guy has all that. Hes going to be a good corner he will be worth a 1st round pick for sure mid 20's or even at 30. If the Niners pass on him there going to regret it.

I don't think the issue is "passing on him" or not....the issue really is, would they be willing to trade up for him, because I'm not sure he'll be around at pick #30.
I see what your saying look at this way the Niners moved up to the 18th spot to get Reid if they really want Verrett they can do the same he should be there in the 18-20 range like Hysterikal said he has the best cover skills in the draft that's what we need!!!!! how many times have our corners given up huge plays when the pass rush couldn't get to the QB and he scrambles around and throws down field for a HUGE play. Verrett has the cover skills and speed to hang with any wide out. I truly believe he would even stick to receivers like MegaTron he doesn't have the size they do but he has the skill and speed to hang with them.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Mar 6, 2014 at 5:38 PM ]
There isn't a CB alive who can shut down Megatron. Having problems with him doesn't exactly mean you're lacking in coverage ability.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
There isn't a CB alive who can shut down Megatron. Having problems with him doesn't exactly mean you're lacking in coverage ability.

I'm not saying he will shut him down I'm just saying he can hang with him meaning just cause hes 5'9 doesn't mean MegaTron will automatically dominate. I'm sure MegaTron would put up decent numbers on him but he does that to any corner he faces. I'm just saying despite his size i can see him having good coverage against big receivers. His coverage skills are good and hes a competitor despite his size i see him having no fear and taking it to some of the NFL's best.
Not worth a first rd. doesn't he have a torn labrum? And having surg.? Just what we need another hurt player to draft
Originally posted by Broseph6:
Not worth a first rd. doesn't he have a torn labrum? And having surg.? Just what we need another hurt player to draft

thats all we do baby
Cully did just fine on megatron. Fangio trusts culliver a underneath coverage and puts a safety over him when he's covering a top WR.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
clearly has first round skills at his position. moderate chance that size pushes him down well into the 20's. if it takes a third or fourth rounder to trade up a few, it'd be worth it. he is going to regularly take away big games from really good receivers. he has that kind of competitiveness, plus the really nice feet.
Originally posted by xcfan:
clearly has first round skills at his position. moderate chance that size pushes him down well into the 20's. if it takes a third or fourth rounder to trade up a few, it'd be worth it. he is going to regularly take away big games from really good receivers. he has that kind of competitiveness, plus the really nice feet.

I think he'd be a huge weapon for the 49ers on defense, we saw the difference that Brock made with his ballhawking ways, Verrett is a similar kind of player, constantly get his hands on the football, deflecting passes and making interceptions, he's a guy that I can see running back a few interceptions for touchdown's in the NFL.

Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Broseph6:

thats all we do baby

Not a 1st round prospect imo maybe 2nd with his surgery day set at the end of the month he will miss OTAs and other workouts thats going to hurt his stock a bit and is a slot CB which NOT much value as the other CBs
He's a player I have kept my eye on for the last year and he didn't disappoint. Seems to always be around the ball and make a pay. Even though he is a touch small, I wouldn't be upset if we took him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
He's a player I have kept my eye on for the last year and he didn't disappoint. Seems to always be around the ball and make a pay. Even though he is a touch small, I wouldn't be upset if we took him.

If by "we" you mean Seahawks or 49ers?
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Not a 1st round prospect imo maybe 2nd with his surgery day set at the end of the month he will miss OTAs and other workouts thats going to hurt his stock a bit and is a slot CB which NOT much value as the other CBs

Ridiculous justification. If Alterraun Verner, a similar type of player can be one of the best cornerback's in the NFL at less than an inch taller than Verrett, and at a lighter weight, with less strength, there's absolutely no reason that Verrett can't play on the outside in the NFL either. Verrett is a playmaker period, a ballhawk and a very tough man to man cornerback.
Looks like good prospect for the 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone