There are 265 users in the forums

Jason Verrett-CB-TCU

I'm really starting to think Verrett will be one of the few options left of the players most people want. Evans, Benjamin, Lee, Cooks, Matthews, Beckham, Dennard, Gilbert, Pryor, Clinton-Dix, etc could all be gone. Verrett, Joyner, Roberson, Roby, Robinson right now seem like the most likely of our choices but I hope at least Matthews and Beckham are there with Verrett to give us a choice. If Verrett is gone along with those other guys I would definitely consider trading down 5-15 spots and picking up an extra 3rd next year or mid 3rd - early 4th this year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 25, 2014 at 2:45 PM ]
Cooks in the 1st
Verrett in the 2nd

Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Cooks in the 1st
Verrett in the 2nd

Why not take Watkins in the 3rd while you're at?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Cooks in the 1st
Verrett in the 2nd

There are questions about Clowney's motor; we could get him in the 4th (maybe need to use our second 3rd).
I wasn't able to watch the combine live i just saw it on my DVR and Verrett looked really impressive ran a good 40 did excellent in all the drills looked very competitive while out there. Got a lot of praise from Mayok and praise from Deion summary from the combine is what every one keeps saying excellent corner but short. The only concern mentioned was he might get beat on jump balls. But other than that he looks solid he looks like a perfect corner for the slot in today's NFL that can be huge. And would be a huge upgrade from our current slot DB Rodgers.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Feb 25, 2014 at 7:26 PM ]
Cooks in the 1st
Verrett in the 2nd

Jaylen? sure, why not
  • sfout
  • Veteran
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap2000000329842/This-is-Your-Combine-Jason-Verrett

talking about his performance in Indy
19 reps on bench and 39.5 vert at pro day. With a hurt shoulder....
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Jason Verrett has to be my favorite for the 49ers pick in the 1st round, tremendous all around corner, could step in as the slot corner from the get-go.
"His bench-press showing is all the more impressive given that he is dealing with a labrum (shoulder) injury that will be surgically repaired later this month. The procedure typically requires three or four months of rehabilitation, which means that Verrett (5-9, 189) will miss the minicamps and OTAs of the team that drafts him, but that he will be back for training camp."

Barrows:

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/03/with-the-30th-pick-49ers-on-hand-to-watch-tcus-verrett.html#storylink=cpy
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/03/with-the-30th-pick-49ers-on-hand-to-watch-tcus-verrett.html

Cooks in the 1st
Verrett in the 2nd

lol
I don't see Baalke taking Verrett...he's short (5-9) and has less than 31" arms. TB's said it often, he prefers longer armed players. For me that could well translate to Kyle Fuller, bigger than Verrett and he has just a skosh under 33" arms.
Cause you can believe everything a GM says leading up to the draft.

Jason Verrett has to be my favorite for the 49ers pick in the 1st round, tremendous all around corner, could step in as the slot corner from the get-go.
I have pushed for this guy on this thread (not like the 49ers will listen to me) but I'm looking past the usual BS of oh hes to short or Baalke wont take him cause his arms are not long enough. I'm looking at heart determination and skill and this guy has all that. Hes going to be a good corner he will be worth a 1st round pick for sure mid 20's or even at 30. If the Niners pass on him there going to regret it.
Originally posted by Raul98:

I have pushed for this guy on this thread (not like the 49ers will listen to me) but I'm looking past the usual BS of oh hes to short or Baalke wont take him cause his arms are not long enough. I'm looking at heart determination and skill and this guy has all that. Hes going to be a good corner he will be worth a 1st round pick for sure mid 20's or even at 30. If the Niners pass on him there going to regret it.

I don't think the issue is "passing on him" or not....the issue really is, would they be willing to trade up for him, because I'm not sure he'll be around at pick #30.
Share 49ersWebzone