There are 142 users in the forums

Jarvis Landry-WR-LSU

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Did SanDiego change his username......WTF
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I think the only thing he hurt today was his pride..

Wasnt even man enough to admit it, for shame.

Or for the sake of his wallet.

If he didn't hurt himself & makes an NFL team he'd be the single slowest WR in the NFL. Maybe the slowest in over a decade. That's not a good thing if you're small.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Feb 23, 2014 at 8:19 PM ]
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Bill Polian, Mickey Loomis and Todd McShay would disagree with you about Landry.

Those people are paid to fill air time. Media personalities are about the most gutless people on planet earth. They're almost always going to say whatever sounds nice & PC.

As opposed to you, full of integrity and deep insight, years of pro football experience by contrast and purity of intent in all ways. Ok, gotcha.

Those people are paid to fill air time. Media personalities are about the most gutless people on planet earth. They're almost always going to say whatever sounds nice & PC.

McShay had Quinton Patton as a good replacement for Boldin last year...

He could bring that big-play ability to Baltimore, as some mock drafts have him projected to the Ravens with pick No. 32.

"I like Patton's ability to step into the role previously filled by Anquan Boldin," wrote ESPN draft expert Todd McShay. "He's not a carbon copy of Boldin, but Patton is a little faster and more athletic, and could be a reliable complement to No. 1 receiver Torrey Smith."

So if we want a possession guy, I say let's keep building on what we already have and go search for what we actually need to win now.
As opposed to you, full of integrity and deep insight, years of pro football experience by contrast and purity of intent in all ways. Ok, gotcha.

So by this I'm supposed to understand you think TV industry just say whatever they think without any care as to how it might be received? They're not the least bit worried about pissing people off?
My rendition of the guys to look at in Rd 1,....everyone else can be looked at later on IMO.

So by this I'm supposed to understand you think TV industry just say whatever they think without any care as to how it might be received? They're not the least bit worried about pissing people off?

Crap. He's in here, too. Sorry Landry mushroom stamped your girl, man, but there's no way he suddenly became a bad football player. WATCH some of his games, and the insane catches he makes. If you honestly think he can't get open (wrong), then look at the catches he makes when he's covered.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Crap. He's in here, too. Sorry Landry mushroom stamped your girl, man, but there's no way he suddenly became a bad football player. WATCH some of his games, and the insane catches he makes. If you honestly think he can't get open (wrong), then look at the catches he makes when he's covered.

I'm not questioning his ball awareness, hands, route running, etc. I'm questioning his speed and short-area burst. And so will scouts. You can get away with the lack of those things in NCAA. The NFL won't be as forgiving.

And let's be grown ups & not resort to ad hominem, school yard stuff to try to discredit a point.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Feb 23, 2014 at 9:41 PM ]

I'm not questioning his ball awareness, hands, route running, etc. I'm questioning his speed and short-area burst. And so will scouts. You can get away with the lack of those things in NCAA. The NFL won't be as forgiving.

And let's be grown ups & not resort to ad hominem, school yard stuff to try to discredit a point.

Cool. You are either trolling, or you you know very little about football. Either way, I'm done giving you any of my time. Enjoy the rest of the combine, as it might be the only "football" you watch this year.
Either way, I'm done giving you any of my time.

Many thanks.

Looks like a 4.5 guy on tape, wouldn't mind taking him, hopefully this showing drops him to us in the later 2nd or even 3rd. I know Boldin is usually the exception to the rule (guys who are HORRIBLE at the combine and become studs) but Landry can play football. His tape is just too solid to ignore, in my opinion. I don't expect him to ever be as good as Boldin but the guy was consistently good in the SEC, game after game. There was not one game I saw him in where I felt he disappeared, I felt like he was consistent all season in a very tough conference.
Originally posted by pfizz:
would not hesitate to grab him. could care less what he does at the combine the kid is a stud and football player.

In the SEC opposite Odell Beckham Jr. A guy who's slower than most tight ends, is under 6 feet tall & has no vertical isn't going to be able to get open in the NFL on any regular basis. He'll be lucky to make a team much less be a good WR.

It's not like he ran a 4.6 & is one of the slower guys; he ran a 4.77. That's fast... for an offensive lineman.

probably never watched him play
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

And that from the "man" himself . Count me in WRATH. !
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

I watched a ton of LSU this year. I wasn't overly impressed with Landry to begin with as an NFL prospect. Especially since I WAS impressed with Odell Beckham as a prospect; the 2nd best WR in an offense sometimes gets significantly less attention than the other guy. But him running a 4.77 / 1.65 sealed the deal for me. That's turtle-slow. You can't get away with that in the NFL. He's slower than any WR who's played in the NFL in the last decade.

I think Trent Murphy (6'5 250 pounds) just ran a 4.75 by the way. Christian Jones just ran a 4.6 (240 pounds).
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

I watched a ton of LSU this year. I wasn't overly impressed with Landry to begin with as an NFL prospect. Especially since I WAS impressed with Odell Beckham as a prospect; the 2nd best WR in an offense sometimes gets significantly less attention than the other guy. But him running a 4.77 / 1.65 sealed the deal for me. That's turtle-slow. You can't get away with that in the NFL. He's slower than any WR who's played in the NFL in the last decade.

I think Trent Murphy (6'5 250 pounds) just ran a 4.75 by the way. Christian Jones just ran a 4.6 (240 pounds).

are 40s important? sure. but it isn't necessarily everything. what matters to me is Landry's ability to fight for the ball. his big hands. his drop rate percentage. there are plenty of receivers in the league that didn't impress anyone with the 40, but they make up for it with other skills. IMO, his hands are up there with Sammy Watkins.
Share 49ersWebzone