LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

Jarvis Landry-WR-LSU

Beckham 1st, landry 2nd, abbrederis 3rd. speed, hard work, hard work with some speed.

:D
Originally posted by communist:
Beckham 1st, landry 2nd, abbrederis 3rd. speed, hard work, hard work with some speed.

:D

LOL. Pretty sure they wont go WRs with their first 3 picks.
Oh rly?
Originally posted by communist:
Oh rly?

Yes really
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Damn, you stole my Landry thunder. Was about to post the following mock with the first 6 picks like so (assuming we're re-signing Whitner or bringing in a veteran safety like Chris Clemons):

1.) Bradley Roby, CB – Ohio St. (5'11", 190)
2a.) Jarvis Landry, WR – LSU (6'0", 195)
2b.) Pierre Desir, CB – Lindenwood (6'1", 205)
3a.) Cody Latimer, WR – Indiana (6'2", 215)
3b.) James Gayle, DE/OLB – Virginia Tech (6'4", 255)
3c.) Terrance Brooks, S – Florida St. (5'11", 200)

Replace 3a.) with Abberaderis and I would lose my mind! Exactly what I want. Only question I have is about having room for an OLB. Aldon and Brooks aren't going anywhere, Lemonier is a promising early pick, and the team seems to love Skuta. Plus you have Darius Fleming. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think we should pass up on a player that we like (especially a pass rusher) because of Fleming, but even without him I feel like 4 OLB spots are set in stone. Today we hardly play the 4th guy. Even the 3rd one gets very limited action. I'm simply afraid that this is one of the positions we can't draft.

But Roby, Desir and Landry?! Awesome!
Landry and Beckham Jr to SF =

signed,
long-time LSU fan
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
I've been thinking about that scenario too. Getting both Beckham and Landry. For some reason I like the idea of teammates coming in together, making their transition easier maybe, since they've got eachother to lean on.

So let's get those 2 guys, Fuller and Exum, Stork and Wilder Jr late :)

Don't forget Reid too.

True dat
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Damn, you stole my Landry thunder. Was about to post the following mock with the first 6 picks like so (assuming we're re-signing Whitner or bringing in a veteran safety like Chris Clemons):

Replace 3a.) with Abberaderis and I would lose my mind! Exactly what I want. Only question I have is about having room for an OLB. Aldon and Brooks aren't going anywhere, Lemonier is a promising early pick, and the team seems to love Skuta. Plus you have Darius Fleming. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think we should pass up on a player that we like (especially a pass rusher) because of Fleming, but even without him I feel like 4 OLB spots are set in stone. Today we hardly play the 4th guy. Even the 3rd one gets very limited action. I'm simply afraid that this is one of the positions we can't draft.

What I like about getting a quality OLB right there is it allows Skuta to play both inside and outside, giving the team roster flexibility (Skuta and Moody as ILB backups). Gayle can then be Aldon's understudy...as much as I love Aldon, there's no guarantee he's going to stay clean and sober, so having someone both to push him and to give him a breather now and then seems ideal. I also don't consider Fleming much of a factor until he can go through a training camp injury-free.

I definitely like Abbrederis, but I think Latimer, in the right environment, could be a star. He was more of a basketball player until his junior year of high school (reminds me of Crabby's skills in that way), and is a true junior this year with increasing production in all categories every year. Which to me means he's just scratching the surface of what he could be and is someone who if he stayed until his senior season (like say Jordan Matthews), would likely be considered a 1st round talent in 2015.
What I like about getting a quality OLB right there is it allows Skuta to play both inside and outside, giving the team roster flexibility (Skuta and Moody as ILB backups). Gayle can then be Aldon's understudy...as much as I love Aldon, there's no guarantee he's going to stay clean and sober, so having someone both to push him and to give him a breather now and then seems ideal. I also don't consider Fleming much of a factor until he can go through a training camp injury-free.

I definitely like Abbrederis, but I think Latimer, in the right environment, could be a star. He was more of a basketball player until his junior year of high school (reminds me of Crabby's skills in that way), and is a true junior this year with increasing production in all categories every year. Which to me means he's just scratching the surface of what he could be and is someone who if he stayed until his senior season (like say Jordan Matthews), would likely be considered a 1st round talent in 2015.

This. Latimer is flying in way UNDER the radar. He's got some freakish athletic ability, great hands and has a pretty high ceiling overall.

All good points. But just something I really really like about a guy like Abbrederis.

Huge fan of JA as well and think he has a lot of Reggie Wayne to his game.

Curious, does something about Landry remind you of Boldin? I think for me it's the ability to make really tough catches, and consistently convert 3rd downs. I know the size/speed is different.

Curious, does something about Landry remind you of Boldin? I think for me it's the ability to make really tough catches, and consistently convert 3rd downs. I know the size/speed is different.

That, and he has great hands, he plays to the whistle and isn't afraid to mix it up and block in the run game.

mentioned this earlier

That, and he has great hands, he plays to the whistle and isn't afraid to mix it up and block in the run game.

I haven't seen a class so deep at WR in ages. I also don't know of a term for it, but there's a particular quality I like about WRs that I think many of these guys have. I'm less of a Megatron/Alshon/Dez guy, and always been more into Steve Smith, Anquan, Larry, Heinz Ward, Jordy Nelson, etc. Guys that make big plays at big times, pick up key first downs, bring a LB mentality to the WR position, and can catch the football. My problem with the superstar WR (AJ, Megatron, Dez, Alshon, Marshall, etc) in today's NFL, is the contracts that they will eventually demand. Megatron or Anquan? I'll take Megatron. But the reality is, based on salaries, the question you're asking is Megatron or Anquan+Crabtree? And it'd take 2 of these guys over 1 superstar any day.

Jarvis Landry to me is that type of guy. 700-1100 yds, 6-10 TDs /season in his prime. Will convert 3rd downs, and always be reliable. In other words, another Boldin/Crabtree. Some people say we need a speed guy and size guy, and while I agree with that to some degree, you won't see my crying if we have a roster full of 6'0-6'2/195-215lbs/4.45-4.65 40s/ WRs like Crabtree.
Share 49ersWebzone