There are 202 users in the forums

HarbaughzDeep 2014 Mock Draft Version 1

Not bad at all. Really like the first 3 picks tho..
i dont think theyll draft more injured guys that high this year to be honest. we got lucky and our dline and rb depth were amazing this year but i think the niners will be in win now mode to open the new stadium. i like the mock for the most part but i think taking that injured dude in the 2nd round. is he still hurt or did he tear his ACL earlier in his career?
We don't have enough cap room to do all those deals.
This off season only happens if the league salary cap goes up substantially from last year. Keeping all those vets and extending Kap and Crabs seems like a huge reach. We have 13 picks in this draft, and a bunch of 2013 rookies that didn't touch the field due to injury. At some point, we re going to have to shell out for all our young players up for their second contract. When this happens we ll need to rely on the depth and quality of our draft picks. In short, we need to tighten the belt going forward. Otherwise we ll have to enjoy watching Aldon, or Kap and or Crabs playing for other NFL teams on Sundays.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

It's so rare that I have the opportunity to agree with you.

K Phil Dawson - Agreed, no brainer to bring him back at least on a 2 year deal.
WR Anquan Boldin - See Dawson.

Kap - Extension in the off-season won't hit until 2015 with a cap-friendly 1st year number
Iupati - See Kap
Crabby - I can see a franchise tag for him in 2015 for the sole purpose of keeping him around for a 7th year; he walks in 2016
Aldon - I think they'll wait until after the 2014 season to make a decision (option to pick up his 5th year is appealing)
Culliver - They might be able to buy low on him right now with an extension
Kilgore - Low-cost extension to take over at center in 2014
Boone - Walks after 2014 (Looney replaces him or you draft a 1st rounder in 2015)
Hunter - Walks after 2014

WR Kassim Osgood - They might want to keep him (and rightfully so), but he's more of a luxury at this point (IMO)
ILB Michael Wilhoite - See Osgood. We have Moody coming back and Skuta can play inside and outside LB.
S Donte Whitner - He's played better this year than last, but I think they let him walk just as they did Goldson.
Goodwin - Goodbye
TBrown - Goodbye
Dixon - Goodbye
McCoy - Goodbye
Hey Ghost when do we get your mocks?
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Hey Ghost when do we get your mocks?

After free agency.
Easley is too high, imo. Torn his ACL in both of his knees already. Would not touch until the 4th round.
Bryant is simply too raw, too much of an athlete. IMO, it is almost a waste of a 3rd-round pick, given how deep the WR-class is.

Gilbert with our 1st-rounder would be nice.
Beckham with one of our 2nd-rounders would be very nice.
Exum (or Boston) with our 4th-rounder would be very nice, 3rd round as well.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

It's so rare that I have the opportunity to agree with you.

K Phil Dawson - Agreed, no brainer to bring him back at least on a 2 year deal.
WR Anquan Boldin - See Dawson.

Kap - Extension in the off-season won't hit until 2015 with a cap-friendly 1st year number
Iupati - See Kap
Crabby - I can see a franchise tag for him in 2015 for the sole purpose of keeping him around for a 7th year; he walks in 2016
Aldon - I think they'll wait until after the 2014 season to make a decision (option to pick up his 5th year is appealing)
Culliver - They might be able to buy low on him right now with an extension
Kilgore - Low-cost extension to take over at center in 2014
Boone - Walks after 2014 (Looney replaces him or you draft a 1st rounder in 2015)
Hunter - Walks after 2014

WR Kassim Osgood - They might want to keep him (and rightfully so), but he's more of a luxury at this point (IMO)
ILB Michael Wilhoite - See Osgood. We have Moody coming back and Skuta can play inside and outside LB.
S Donte Whitner - He's played better this year than last, but I think they let him walk just as they did Goldson.
Goodwin - Goodbye
TBrown - Goodbye
Dixon - Goodbye
McCoy - Goodbye

I agree with almost all of these and think this is a pretty realistic way forward and a good plan too. You see we can agree....
Good mock real good

Thanks for the mock. Good stuff.

Boldin I think will be a tough signing. I'm torn but I hope it works out. Could be alot of $$$ with lots of young guys we need to take care of. Do the right thing Baalke!! Although I don't know what that is!
i'm big fan of Boone. He could be a starting LT on other teams.
Share 49ersWebzone