There are 175 users in the forums

2014 needs changed?

We're coming down the home stretch now and have you changed your mind about what the team might need next year from free agency and the draft?

WR and the secondary still seems to be the biggest areas of need. I would add OL to the list if they can't sign Iupati and Goodwin probably on the way out.

TJE was a nice surprise, along with Brock and Skuta.
I'd say WR stud not just any WR prospect, and CB and DT/DE
Nope

WR -- Manningham and Boldin are FAs
CB -- Rogers is gone
OL -- Still Need a Swing Tackle -- Don't know about Bykowski or Marquadt -- Goodwin probably gone -- Will Kilgore take the Job, Looney was active for the very first time last Monday . . . but -- Lupati has not played well in pass defense at all and has been injured (shoulder, knee)
QB -- Aaron Murray in the 4th or 5th

No need to draft any RBs doe
Still a high quality WR as the #1 need.

At corner we have Cully, Wright, Brock so getting another top flight corner would be an excellent move.
No, not really, more depth on the OL, CB, depth at safety whether Whitner does or does not resign, WR, more competition at DL.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
WR without a doubt, make it 2 including one 1st round and I don't mean another AJ Jenkins, trade up for a bonafide top prospect.

Other than that, we need a decent back-up QB. If Kap were to go down and we were forced to play McCoy, sh*t would hit the fan.
WR up your arse :p
Team Kadeem Carey, more DL and corner depth, speed at wr, you know the usual
Center and a mammoth nose tackle are I'd say 2 of the top 4 needs along with WR. If Rogers stays then I'd put SS above CB and if Whitner stays then I'd put CB above SS.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
New Cook, Maid and Butler!

Trade up for a true speed WR
[ Edited by tohara3 on Nov 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM ]
Another TE?
I still want a NT capable of shutting down the inside run game. This will be a very important element when facing the tough inside runners like Marshawn Lynch. I think I'd rather sign a veteran tackle than draft one. I just want a proven player as opposed to a rookie that can back up Anthony Davis and Joe Staley. We definitely will need a corner or two, a WR with top level speed, another guard, and possibly another DE. I will admit that TJE has been a nice surprise.
A New OC WR Coach and QB Coach......and Sammy Watkins 7 Donte Moncreif
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I still want a NT capable of shutting down the inside run game. This will be a very important element when facing the tough inside runners like Marshawn Lynch. I think I'd rather sign a veteran tackle than draft one. I just want a proven player as opposed to a rookie that can back up Anthony Davis and Joe Staley. We definitely will need a corner or two, a WR with top level speed, another guard, and possibly another DE. I will admit that TJE has been a nice surprise.

Ian Williams was doing just fine until he was cut block by the Seahawks and Dorsey has been pretty good since he took over. A pure NT maybe a luxury, not a necessity in the Niners defense. I agree with the rest of the needs you laid out, with only one addition. Niners need another SAK player (FB/TE/H-Back) to add to our offense. It could also be a RB/WR hybrid like D'Anthony Thomas or Dri Archer to add some speed out of the backfield or the slot.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Nov 28, 2013 at 7:38 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone