LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 177 users in the forums

#1 QB prospects in this years draft.

I know someone asked it earlier but anyone care to expand a little on why AJ McCarron is a product of system? He's got the size and been a winner with great stats throughout his college career.

I don't watch college football so some insight would be appreciated. Where do you guys predict him to go? If its after the 3rd then why wouldn't you grab him?
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
Kaep is tied to Harbaugh as Harbaugh is tied to Kaep.
There is no way Harbs is going to give up on Kaep after 1 full season as a starter.

SD you are setting yourself up for a miserable next 6 months of life if you think the Niners
are going to draft another QB.

Forget this idea SD seriously.

QB is one of this teams big needs, whether you believe in Kaep or not. Think of all the backups we've traded for/signed/cut.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dhp318:
There is no way Harbs is going to give up on Kaep after 1 full season as a starter.

SD you are setting yourself up for a miserable next 6 months of life if you think the Niners

QB is one of this teams big needs, whether you believe in Kaep or not. Think of all the backups we've traded for/signed/cut.

I agree with you here, the 9ers struggle to find a back up QB they're comfortable with and are always messing with that position.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by dhp318:

I agree with you here, the 9ers struggle to find a back up QB they're comfortable with and are always messing with that position.

They keep cutting and signing guys in FA like it's going out of style. We need at least a very high end backup and somebody that can push Kaep to learn how to do at least 2 reads. I don't ask for the world and 4 reads at this point. 2 would impress me.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They keep cutting and signing guys in FA like it's going out of style. We need at least a very high end backup and somebody that can push Kaep to learn how to do at least 2 reads. I don't ask for the world and 4 reads at this point. 2 would impress me.

You're just being ridiculous, you know that right? Watch the game, he has no problem making his reads, his issue right now is confidence. Play by play you can see him survey the field, for some reason he doesn't let loose at times., that all comes back to confidence. Watch his games last season, he was continually scanning the field and was even being complimented on his ability to see his various targets. I'd expect your comments from some random fan of another team who doesn't know any better, but you should.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone