LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 315 users in the forums

#1 QB prospects in this years draft.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well as a Mod I do have certain powers to correct my mistakes so HA!!!!

See, this is where it all starts, only going to lead you to hitting up noobs for $20 "donations" to your private charity in order to gain full posting privileges.....although seeing the sheer amount of Seahawks trolls and otherwise around here lately, I don't know if I'd necessarily be against that.

I made a mistake, just preventing further useless conversations, carry on.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
For a midround QB (which i think is most likely the area we look for one) I will take Jimmy Garoppolo.

Here is a nice article about his development and career.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20131113/jimmy-garoppolo-eastern-illinois/

I like Garoppolo a lot too, still lingering questions about his arm strength but he's putting up some retarded, Madden on easy mode numbers this season, 42 TD's to 8 INT's while completing 66% of his passes..........

Everything I've heard makes him sound like a really humble, down to earth guy, hard worker, picks up things very quickly, a very interesting prospect.

Recruited by wittke the guy that recruited Romo, and highly regarded by Jeff Christensen. I think he is gonna be a steal for whoever gets him. There is a real possibility someone falls in love with him and drafts him earlier than anyone expects IMO.
Recruited by wittke the guy that recruited Romo, and highly regarded by Jeff Christensen. I think he is gonna be a steal for whoever gets him. There is a real possibility someone falls in love with him and drafts him earlier than anyone expects IMO.

I agree, I think he could wind up drafted in the mid 2nd round, I woudn't be shocked by it, expecting 3rd, but someone could definitely jump the gun on him thinking they have Romo 2.0, the Potato Free version.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 18, 2013 at 11:08 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Alright now seriosuly, lets get back to the topic at hand.

That's why you're my favorite mod whose name starts with K and ends with E.

I agree, I think he could wind up drafted in the mid 2nd round, I woudn't be shocked by it, expecting 3rd, but someone could definitely jump the gun on him thinking they have Romo 2.0, the Potato Free version.

In my recent mock i have us taking him with our comp third, but thats pretty optimistic IMO. I dont think he goes any later than that. Too much possibility.
Late round prospect I like a lot is Keith Price from Washington
This time around stay away from the spread offense.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
This time around stay away from the spread offense.

No pistol or spread offenses. I want a drop back pocket passer.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Who are the best #1 QB prospects in this years draft? If Kaep continues to struggle we may need not only a better backup but a starter of the future. Kaep is in no way a franchise QB at this point. Who do you like of the seniors or juniors who may come out early? Who can be a franchise signal caller for the future of this team? What are the WZ opinions?

Kaep is tied to Harbaugh as Harbaugh is tied to Kaep.
There is no way Harbs is going to give up on Kaep after 1 full season as a starter.

SD you are setting yourself up for a miserable next 6 months of life if you think the Niners
are going to draft another QB.

Forget this idea SD seriously.

Originally posted by JR80Forever:
There is no way Harbs is going to give up on Kaep after 1 full season as a starter.

SD you are setting yourself up for a miserable next 6 months of life if you think the Niners

I see them drafting a QB, but not in the first two rounds, maybe not even in the first three rounds, if you dont like Kaepernick, youre gonna hate life for awhile because he isnt going anywhere.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 19, 2013 at 7:50 AM ]
For a midround QB (which i think is most likely the area we look for one) I will take Jimmy Garoppolo.

Here is a nice article about his development and career.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20131113/jimmy-garoppolo-eastern-illinois/

I like Garoppolo a lot too, still lingering questions about his arm strength but he's putting up some retarded, Madden on easy mode numbers this season, 42 TD's to 8 INT's while completing 66% of his passes..........

Everything I've heard makes him sound like a really humble, down to earth guy, hard worker, picks up things very quickly, a very interesting prospect.

I'm excited to see Garoppolo at something like the Senior Bowl. I love a quick release which h reportedly has
Originally posted by JR80Forever:

Although I agree with the first part of this statement I think you're making a huge miscalculation of you believe they won't draft a QB. Drafting one doesn't mean Kaep is getting the boot by no means. It's just a smart descion and I think Baalke is pretty smart fella. I doubt he will treat the position with the same nonchalance that it was this year. The cutting and signing with no recognizable method won't fly. Time to be a GM.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

That's why you're my favorite mod whose name starts with K and ends with E.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure I am Phoenix!!!!

But don't worry Phoenix the 9ers will most likely stay away from Aaron Murray, why you ask, well every QB that I have a man-crush on, the 9ers never draft or even bother to do so. Every QB I dislike the 9ers end up drafting, Kaepernick and Daniels. Been saying this all along since the day I started the Webzone, I prefer a drop-back passer over any scrambling QB.
blake bortles of central florida looking awfully impressive in beatdown of rutgers tonite--looks to be big strong, nice arm and can move around for his size (6-4 230)....arm is pretty accurate

he is a redshirt jr so may not come out
[ Edited by hofer36 on Nov 21, 2013 at 7:39 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone