LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 137 users in the forums

Mike Evans WR Texas A&M

Is Evans a better receiver than Kelvin Benjamin or Martavious Bryant? They all seem tall, and have good hands, and Bryant is very fast. So how much difference is there between them?
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
You seen Him in person right?I saw that Alabama game on TV and I saw the His catches of that game on film,He was Always covered,there was not much seperation and when he did have seperation He was not ABLE to PULL away from the DBs,the one play He scored that td was on a bad angle by the DB,what Evans is is a chain mover that is what he is and a very damn good chain mover(see Crabtree and Boldin) Moncreif is NOT a fast small guy ,H ehas the speed to take the top off of defenses and he does go over the middle,if I had to choose between the 2,Moncreif ALL Day EVERY Day Spped ,Size And Toughness.

lol..
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Smokescreen

its called doing their job, evaluating players before the draft. we cant draft everyone
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Smokescreen

its called doing their job, evaluating players before the draft. we cant draft everyone

This. You have to be prepared for everything. IF by some freakish act of God, Evans fell to our pick they'd have to know if he would be a good pick for the team or if teams started calling in about trades to select him, they'd have to know how much to ask a team to give up for a player of his caliber so they wouldn't get fleeced.
Total smokescreen. JH & Co. know full well that Evans will be long gone by the time we pick.
It's called due dillegence. He could drop low enough for us to trade up and get him (I doubt he wil), so you have to know ahead of time if it's a move worth making.
The way he uses his body to box out DBs and then plucks the ball out of the air effortlessly like a man beast reminds me of the Alshon Jeffrey highlights that had me excited until we drafted you know who. I think he'll be a monster in the NFL.
Our first 2 picks should get us in that 10-15 range, which is where he expected to go. I think the team is extremely serious about Evans. He's a beast. With all our picks, he makes perfect sense.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
It won't happen, but why not....

DRAFT HEEM!
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Total smokescreen. JH & Co. know full well that Evans will be long gone by the time we pick.

yeah that's it, these workouts are only designed to fool other team's GMs, but the fans know the real reason for the workouts, they are the smart ones....

Originally posted by 24plus25er:
It's called due dillegence. He could drop low enough for us to trade up and get him (I doubt he wil), so you have to know ahead of time if it's a move worth making.

exactly, you need to be prepared for all situations that may arise. they can workout 10 different wrs, they aren't drafting all 10.
They also gave Tavon Austin a work out last season even though there was no realistic change of getting him.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

You mad bro?
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Speed with bad routes! An adult sized version of AJ Jenkins. I'll pass.

SPEED?! Are you kidding me?!

I just watched his highlights against Alabama and the first thing that jumped out to me is how slow this dude is. Great frame but it is a long, sloooowwwww-footed stride. That's the last thing the 49ers need. They already have their possession guys in Crabtree and Boldin. They need a speedster with good hands.

This is not the guy and, thankfully, I could never see the 49ers moving up to draft him. Either stand pat or move up for a burner. I'm never one to go with the Al Davis approach but in this case, they're not selling out for speed just for the sake of doing so; speed is the one thing this team needs. As close as the Niners can get to a guy like Victor Cruz (but with some added height/bulk if possible), the better. If they don't we'll see the same offense we saw last year.
Man he takes too many plays off. He went M.I.A in that Duke game. had some bad drops too. seemed disinterested in the game. nep
Share 49ersWebzone