There are 188 users in the forums

2014 draft outlook

With key free agents in secondary, what does everyone think 49ers should do in draft? Stay put at 32 and take CB, trade up in 1st or 2ndrd for another safety.
1+3a+4. Jason Verrett/Bradley Roby CB
2a (from Chiefs). Dion Bailey S
2b. Travis Swanson C

A. Darryl Morris replace Tarrell Brown.
B. Have Verrett/Roby in the slot.
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on Jul 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We definetly need another CB.
I think we'll release Rogers, keep Brown. Draft a CB early. Maybe another in the middle rounds.

We'll sign bargain FAs too if they're out there. Don't expect us to spend a lot except possibly on Brown as he's in house and has been playing great for us.
with the first overall pick, the san francisco 49ers select..........................
Jesse Palmer selected Marion Grice, RB, ASU as his #1 breakout player of the year

My ranking are at home, but I have Grice around #5 for top RBs for 2014. Tipton reminds me of Matt Forte. He is 6'1, 220lbs, looks like 4.5 speed. excels as a one-cut runner, powerful enough to break tackles, arm-tackles aren't going to bring him down, quick feet, I think he needs to get a bit lower at his pad level, needs to work on his immediate burst, at the same time he also does show good patience to read his blocks before hitting the hole, maturity issues in the past, I think he still hasn't peaked as an athlete, has great hips for a player his size, not sure how good of a receiver/pass blocker he is yet.

Tipton plays Michigan first game of the season, must see game IMO.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Jesse Palmer selected Marion Grice, RB, ASU as his #1 breakout player of the year

My ranking are at home, but I have Grice around #5 for top RBs for 2014. Tipton reminds me of Matt Forte. He is 6'1, 220lbs, looks like 4.5 speed. excels as a one-cut runner, powerful enough to break tackles, arm-tackles aren't going to bring him down, quick feet, I think he needs to get a bit lower at his pad level, needs to work on his immediate burst, at the same time he also does show good patience to read his blocks before hitting the hole, maturity issues in the past, I think he still hasn't peaked as an athlete, has great hips for a player his size, not sure how good of a receiver/pass blocker he is yet.

Send me a list so I can update the site whenever you get a chance of course.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

haha, I keep forgetting to do that. Offense is all finished but I keep tweaking defense
Originally posted by pdizo916:
with the first overall pick, the san francisco 49ers select..........................

Clowney. Duh.

haha, I keep forgetting to do that. Offense is all finished but I keep tweaking defense

Cool, whenever you get a chance, you know my email.

Just sent the offensive rankings

Working on my defensive rankings with a cup of coffee right now!
Trade up in first for a top flight corner( Bradley Roby), use our second on a big wr
Not going to make predictions on who we will select but I will say I expect a secondary heavy draft early. With Brown, Asomugha, Cox and Brock all being FA's after this year and Rogers probably getting cut after this season unless he restructures we could have a major need at CB. Brown could very well be gone since he can get more money elsewhere. Could leave Culliver or Culliver/Rogers as the only ones on the roster. Maybe some one like Marcus Cooper as well. So I expect 1-2 CB's taken in the first 2-3 rounds. If Whitner doesn't improve he could very well be gone.

So say KC goes 8-8 or better and we get their second I could see:
1. CB/SS 2. CB/SS (whatever not taken in 1st) 2. CB.
1. CB/SS 2. CB/SS (whatever not taken in 1st) 2. WR. 3. CB

The rest of the needs (minor): DL Depth, OL Depth, QB Depth
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM ]
I would love to draft Brandon coleman...he is a beast!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Just sent the offensive rankings

Working on my defensive rankings with a cup of coffee right now!

Share 49ersWebzone