LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

D'Rick Rogers

Why not? Although that would give us 7 receivers lol. Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin, Kyle Williams, Quinton Patton, Mario Manningham, AJ Jenkins, and then Rogers. Can't see the downside minus the loss of a roster spot by carrying 7. But we would be totally prepared for the loss of Boldin, and possibly Williams/Manningham at the end of the season.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Why not? Although that would give us 7 receivers lol. Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin, Kyle Williams, Quinton Patton, Mario Manningham, AJ Jenkins, and then Rogers. Can't see the downside minus the loss of a roster spot by carrying 7. But we would be totally prepared for the loss of Boldin, and possibly Williams/Manningham at the end of the season.

don't we have ricardo lockette too? and didn't we re-sign joe hastings or brett swain or pj fleck or one of those token white guys
If going UDFA doesnt humble him nothign will. Bring him in and see how hugry he is.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:

don't we have ricardo lockette too? and didn't we re-sign joe hastings or brett swain or pj fleck or one of those token white guys

Lockette is 27 I think And I don't think he can go on the practice squad again. And re-signing those guys to futures means absolutely nothing
This kid must be an all time headcase to not get picked with his physical talents.
I'm going to go ahead and eat my crow now... I have been one of Da'Rick's biggest bandwagoners on here. I thought for sure he would be a 2nd round pick.

GMs must not have got the impression that he wants to work and be a good teammate. I can't believe that smoking pot is all that caused him to fall out of the draft.
Originally posted by blm7754:
I'm going to go ahead and eat my crow now... I have been one of Da'Rick's biggest bandwagoners on here. I thought for sure he would be a 2nd round pick.

GMs must not have got the impression that he wants to work and be a good teammate. I can't believe that smoking pot is all that caused him to fall out of the draft.

Some people just can't give it up. Also, how can a team rely on a guy if he is going to be suspended for drugs? Some will say its just pot and he is young and just immature, but what it shows is that you have bad decision making abilities. Chances are they are also going to get a dui. You want to play in the NFL? You know they are going to test in both College, let alone the pros. Yet you do it. There was a report on 30 for 30 on espn, where some people did a designer drug that was like pot but was supposed to be undetectable, but they eventually got caught. Point is, you know its wrong and could cost you your dream, so why be so stupid to risk it in the first place. You obviouly don't care about the money or your team if you are willing to risk something so stupid. It is just as bad when you get guys with so much talent but just try to get buy and not being the best you can. Useless. Don't want them.
Originally posted by WildBill:

Some people just can't give it up. Also, how can a team rely on a guy if he is going to be suspended for drugs? Some will say its just pot and he is young and just immature, but what it shows is that you have bad decision making abilities. Chances are they are also going to get a dui. You want to play in the NFL? You know they are going to test in both College, let alone the pros. Yet you do it. There was a report on 30 for 30 on espn, where some people did a designer drug that was like pot but was supposed to be undetectable, but they eventually got caught. Point is, you know its wrong and could cost you your dream, so why be so stupid to risk it in the first place. You obviouly don't care about the money or your team if you are willing to risk something so stupid. It is just as bad when you get guys with so much talent but just try to get buy and not being the best you can. Useless. Don't want them.

WTF... I am giving it up! I just said... I'm eating crow on this one.

You want to carry an extra receiver that will take a valuable roster spot? One who you don't know if he will contribute? Just to make your wishes of having him? This will affect ST and another position will be thin and put us in peril if injury occurs. We are not a team that runs 4 wide, hell we hardly run 3 wide sets. He will not even see the field. ST is more important than having a 7th wr, case in point SB, after the half.

WTF... I am giving it up! I just said... I'm eating crow on this one.

Not you, I mean guys that smoke and toke can't give it up.

It's tough enough getting a newcomer to learn the play book, get in NFL shape, adjust to having money, dealing with the media, etc. It's just not worth the time and effort. Spend that energy on someone like Lattimore.
Nobody should eat any crow if they really think he is going to be a great player. In my draft, I have the Niners burning their 61st pick on Jesse Williams, who went 60+ picks beyond my selection. Stick with your guns.

However, I will admit this thread is one of those ones you want to burn if you feel you have stuck your neck out there too far.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 27, 2013 at 8:11 PM ]
You want to carry an extra receiver that will take a valuable roster spot? One who you don't know if he will contribute? Just to make your wishes of having him? This will affect ST and another position will be thin and put us in peril if injury occurs. We are not a team that runs 4 wide, hell we hardly run 3 wide sets. He will not even see the field. ST is more important than having a 7th wr, case in point SB, after the half.

Could stash him on the practice squad.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Could stash him on the practice squad.

Before you can put him on the practice squad, he has to clear waivers, meaning any team could pick him up. If he makes the ps, any team that is willing to put him on the 53 man roster can take him. This is what happened to Konrad Reuland in his second year on the ps.
signed with Bills
Share 49ersWebzone