There are 288 users in the forums

How many quarterbacks get picked in the first round?

How many quarterbacks get picked in the first round?

• buck
  • Veteran
A month ago, I would have said one, maybe none.

Now, it looks like Oakland and Buffalo will draft one in the first.

Other teams that might take a QB early are New York, Jacksonville, and Cleveland.

Every quarterback drafted in the first and second pushes a talented player down the board.

Quarterbacks--Go early and often !!!!!
  • buck
  • Veteran
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Carson Palmer is "highly unlikely" to restructure his contract, which means his two-year Raiders stint is all but over.

Palmer's unwillingness to restructure means the Raiders would be left with the decision of whether to keep Palmer at his $13 million base salary, or release him outright. Our bet would be squarely on the latter. Palmer simply isn't worth his scheduled pay at age 33, and Oakland could free up a small amount of cap space by releasing him. The Raiders have emerged as the favorites to draft West Virginia's Geno Smith next month. Once released, Palmer is expected to draw immediate interest from Bruce Arians' Cardinals.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258741/carson-palmer-highly-unlikely-to-redo-deal
Oh please please please let the Cards sign Palmer......
I don't see Raiders keeping Palmer and I don't see them drafting any QB w/the 3rd pick. Either trade back or Floyd.

Palmer to the Cards would be fine with me.
I have a feeling the Cardinals are targeting former NC State QB Mike Glennon in the late 1st - early 2nd round.

@AdamSchefter: Cardinals GM Steve Keim and Arizona asst. coach Tom Moore are in Raleigh, N.C., to workout North Carolina State QB Mike Glennon on Tuesday.
I'm going to stick with 1, but I could see 2 or 3 more go. I mean its really just about how many teams are willing to reach and pull a Gabbert.
3 or 4. Depends if someone gets suckered into drafting Barkley. I see Smith, Nassib and Manuel. In fact, Manuel's invite to the draft may mean that there is a strong chance he goes in the first 32.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
3 or 4. Depends if someone gets suckered into drafting Barkley. I see Smith, Nassib and Manuel. In fact, Manuel's invite to the draft may mean that there is a strong chance he goes in the first 32.

talent wise Manuel deserves to be a late 1st rounder and Geno a mid 1st. I'm not a big of Nassib. Just my 2 cents though
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

i think barkley is decent. because of his horrid last year i dont see him going in the first but he could. maybe someone gleans something from his tape i couldnt
  • kent
  • Veteran
I guess 3... Anticipating be a mini-run on QBs in the late first round with QB needy teams at the top of the 2nd trading back in to get ahead of each other. 49ers pick might have good trade value there.

Also anticipating that the Geno Smith is a top three pick, either to the Raiders or someone trading in front of them. A team is just spinning its wheels without a QB. No guarantee that next year's crop will include a better prospect. No guarantee a team will have a high enough pick to draft a better prospect if one is there. If a team feels Geno Smith has "potential" to be a top QB, I believe they will snag him with a top three pick despite him not showing production similar to the QBs picked last year.

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Oh please please please let the Cards sign Palmer......

haha he'd set them back a couple more years for sure
I think Oakland, Bills, Cardinals will draft one for sure

I'd guess 3 or 4, and probably none will be worth the value compared to last years QB picks
I would have said one but QBs like Glennon, Barkley and Emanuel may be drafted early. With rookies playing right away teams are not afraid to take a shot. I get this sense teams will be getting desperate by the end of the first and beginning of the second. And who is in that spot? Baalke is in a position that comes around once in a decade.
The correct answer. More than rightfully should be. That said, I think Smith, Barkley and Manuel all end up as 1st rounders.
I think it'll be at least 3. That team option 5th year that 1st rounders get is gonna be incredibly valuable.
Share 49ersWebzone