LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

We trade with New Orleans for the 15th pick. Who do we take?

We trade with New Orleans for the 15th pick. Who do we take?

Originally posted by ninermedic:
J.J Stokes

Has to be one of the biggest busts in Niners history because of the pressure of being Rice's successor. Instead went to T.O.
STILL want Ertz.
The furthest I'd really want us moving up is the early 20's. That should be far enough to snag Datone Jones or Tyler Eifert. If Star or Richardson fell to the late teens somehow, that's something worth considering.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
The furthest I'd really want us moving up is the early 20's. That should be far enough to snag Datone Jones or Tyler Eifert. If Star or Richardson fell to the late teens somehow, that's something worth considering.
As I said earlier, I should have done the trade with Chicago for #20.
J.J Stokes

And then the Saints draft Ray Lewis. ARRrrghhh
The Niners can trade with any of the following teams in the top 25 depending on how the draft falls and who they want most:

Carolina - only 5 picks and the #14 pick
Chicago - only 5 picks and the #20 pick
Dallas - only 6 picks, the #18 pick and a whole bunch of needs
Indianapolis - only 6 picks, the #24 pick

Draft weekend will definitely be interesting with all the potential moves that could be made.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
J.J Stokes

What!!!!!!!

This is confusing as hades.

1. Ray Lewis was selected by Baltimore Ravens, not the Saints, with the 26th pick in the 1996 draft.

2. SF did not have a first round pick in that draft.

3. We drafted JJ Stokes with the 10th pick in 1995, the year before the Ravens took Lewis.

Cornelius Tank Carradine, pass rusher
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
The Niners can trade with any of the following teams in the top 25 depending on how the draft falls and who they want most:

Carolina - only 5 picks and the #14 pick
Chicago - only 5 picks and the #20 pick
Dallas - only 6 picks, the #18 pick and a whole bunch of needs
Indianapolis - only 6 picks, the #24 pick

Draft weekend will definitely be interesting with all the potential moves that could be made.

Good thread topic because with 14 picks and not being able to keep them all 49ers should definitely be proactive in the 2013 draft and be looking to trade up.

And so if the 49ers are in fact looking to trade up in 1st round potential trading partners...

Browns need a 2nd
Oakland needs a 2nd
Indy needs a 2nd
New Orleans needs a 2nd
Chicago needs a 3rd
Carolina needs a 3rd

1st round picks i'd consider worth trading up for...

Offense:
Cordarrelle Patterson
Tyler Eifert

Defense:
Sharrif Floyd
Dion Jordan
Sheldon Richardson
Not counting on anyone in the current WR group to make a significant contribution in 2013 other than Crabtree & Boldin. My forecast is that Boldin plays with the 49ers for 1-2 years and Crabtree bolts for Wallace or Bowe money in free agency which the 49ers will not be able to or want to match. We need to draft and develop at least 1 elite wideout ready to step in.

Patterson should be the 49ers #1 target all indications are Patterson does not last past the Rams 22nd pick at the latest.

To draft Patterson 49ers likely will have to find a trading partner within this top 21 group of teams...

6. Cleveland Browns
7. Arizona Cardinals
8. Buffalo Bills
9. New York Jets
10. Tennessee Titans
11. San Diego Chargers
12. Miami Dolphins
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
14. Carolina Panthers
15. New Orleans Saints
16. St. Louis Rams
17. Pittsburgh Steelers
18. Dallas Cowboys
19. New York Giants
20. Chicago Bears
21. Cincinnati Bengals

I voted Austin... Seems there are options @ all the other positions! If Baalke made that move it might be a counter move to seahawks getting Harvin!!!
If we lose out on Patterson get CK7 a big TE RZ target Tyler Eifert can go up and get it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqJRd3mN01w
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
J.J Stokes

What!!!!!!!

This is confusing as hades.

1. Ray Lewis was selected by Baltimore Ravens, not the Saints, with the 26th pick in the 1996 draft.

2. SF did not have a first round pick in that draft.

3. We drafted JJ Stokes with the 10th pick in 1995, the year before the Ravens took Lewis.

We traded up with the Browns to get Stokes. That pick became Ray Lewis for Baltimore, after the move.
Tavon Austin is going to be a stud at WR. Think of Steve Smith with Barry Sanders vision, that's Austin in 5 years. I would love for this to happen but it would not make sense for the 49ers.
In order to keep all the players on the 49ers roster for the next couple of years the 49ers need to find players that can start at CB, FS, SS, and WR in this years draft. Then add some depth to OLB, DE and OL.
A study of Cordarrelle Patterson...

http://www.southflorida.com/sports/sfl-draft-winds-20130228,0,4747103.story?page=1

Interesting take on the combine 40 times...

http://www.southflorida.com/sports/sfl-draft-winds-20130228,0,4747103.story?page=8

I have taken to re-timing these 40 yard dashes myself using video frame by frames. The goal is merely to spot perversions of the "official" and "unofficial" times by isolating inconsistencies. The practice I settled on is starting the timer at the exact moment the player's first foot leaves the ground. This isolates the exact amount of time it takes each player to literally step across 40 yards of turf. Surprisingly, most often this frame by frame timing of the player approximates the "unofficial" 40 times to within hundredths of a second. The practice in general has shown me that the "unofficial" times are more consistently accurate (with some exceptions) than the adjustments you see in "official" times.

On that note, I took a close look at Cordarrelle Patterson's 40 yard dash. His hand movement during his start came early, relative to when he began to move his feet. This would tend to make both his "official" and "unofficial" times a little slower. It took Tavon Austin approximately 4.27 seconds worth of video frames from the moment his first foot left the ground to the moment he crossed the finish line. It took Cordarrelle Patterson approximately 4.30 seconds to do the same. A year ago, I had 4.32 seconds for both Stephen Hill and Chris Rainey. This leads me to believe that in practice, Patterson is as purely fast on the hoof as Tavon Austin, Chris Rainey and Stephen Hill.
Share 49ersWebzone