LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

We trade with New Orleans for the 15th pick. Who do we take?

We trade with New Orleans for the 15th pick. Who do we take?

Obviously it depends who is there.

My "difference maker" is Sheldon Richardson and he's the guy I'd opt for.
Sylvester Williams D.T. north Carolina
Originally posted by ninermedic:
J.J Stokes

Too many options.
Patterson, Austin, Trufant, and Rhodes could all be there.
Richardson, Lotuleilei, Jarvis Jones, or Mingo could slip but I doubt it.

There's always surprises in the first round. There could be guys we think are third rounders that go in the first, pushing other players down. Just the same there's guys that are mocked to go in the first that could go in the third or even later or undrafted.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Mar 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM ]
Originally posted by robniner:
STILL want Ertz.

I understand we need secondary & DL but i want either Ertz or Eifert! I think creating the match-up problems that Pats do with their two TE's along with Kaep, Crabs, Anquan & Gore... #UNBEATABLE!!!
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
I voted Austin... Seems there are options @ all the other positions! If Baalke made that move it might be a counter move to seahawks getting Harvin!!!

THIS PLEASE! lol
Sheldon Richardson will likely be the only guy worth going up for at that spot unless someone falls.
The Jones kid from UCLA is growing on me the more I see. Plus he fits so many ideas, versatility and size. Might not have to trade up for him either.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by buck:
I made a mistake. I changed it to the 15th pick. Thank you.

In that case, none of those players. I would look for Sheldon Richardson if available. If not, Cordarelle Patterson...yeah, I went there.

Yeah, I agree. None of these guys is worth a 15 pick. Richardson or Patterson would be good. Xavier Rhodes would be another good choice.
Good grief , we have one less pick than Chicago, Indy and Dallas combined. We won't make 14 picks. We will be moving up...a lot.
and remember, we still have the #2 pick from KC in 2014, if we just had to make a really big move. Already discussed , sort of, that we probably will be shooting for #15-20 spot, and still keep our 2 #2s. That would get us one surefire starter, and #31 and 34 are probably going to get us 2 more starters. Lot of teams with no #2, and of course, 4 teams with only 5 or 6 picks, so a lot of potential trading partners out there.

Other item is 3 teams, maybe 4(including Raids) may very well draft for QB need for a QB who legitimately belongs is 2nd or 3rd rd even....any team picking a qb in top 30 picks is over reaching by a bunch, and are letting us have 3 more shots at even better picks that teams with no QB have passed over due to Qb need. That is just 3 more players we have a shot at if 3 teams, maybe even 4 don't take BPA and draft unwisely for need. If that happens, we end up moving up from 31 to 28th w/r/to BPA guys out there. I really think those crappy teams with no QB should make a real reach and each should draft a non-deserving qb. Chances are good 3 teams will, which just moves us up.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Sheldon Richardson - DT/DE - Missouri
Xavier Rhodes - CB - Florida State
Star Lotulelei - DT/DE - Utah
Kenny Vaccaro - FS - Texas
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR/KR/PR - Tennessee

5 guys I'd consider trading up in the draft...if the price is right.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
J.J Stokes

And then the Saints draft Ray Lewis. ARRrrghhh

What!!!!!!!

This is confusing as hades.

1. Ray Lewis was selected by Baltimore Ravens, not the Saints, with the 26th pick in the 1996 draft.

2. SF did not have a first round pick in that draft.

3. We drafted JJ Stokes with the 10th pick in 1995, the year before the Ravens took Lewis.

I think LottOfDefense said Lewis to the Saints out of jest, we all know he taken by the Ravens. However, in the J.J. Stokes trade we shipped a first round pick in 96 to the Browns in addition to swapping firsts in 95. After the 95 season the Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens, taking our pick in 96 with them which thus became Ray Lewis, so potentially Ray Lewis could have been a 49er if we hadn't traded for J.J. Stokes.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I think LottOfDefense said Lewis to the Saints out of jest, we all know he taken by the Ravens. However, in the J.J. Stokes trade we shipped a first round pick in 96 to the Browns in addition to swapping firsts in 95. After the 95 season the Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens, taking our pick in 96 with them which thus became Ray Lewis, so potentially Ray Lewis could have been a 49er if we hadn't traded for J.J. Stokes.

I missed the jest, and yes, it was confusing as ......

Thanks for the clarification. I think I got it.
It would have to be for Kenny Vaccaro or, if he dropped that far, Dee Milliner. A starting-quality free safety or shut down corner would be worth it.
Sheldon Richardson Mizz DE/DT
Share 49ersWebzone