LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 357 users in the forums

McShay's 1st mock

I think it says a lot about a player when their college coach passes on them.... Harbaugh passed on Fleener. Carroll passed on Taylor Mays for Earl Thomas.
Combine is going to be really interesting. None of this "I'm not throwing" BS this year. They'll all be fkn well throwing.

Lots of jockeying for draft day position.
Originally posted by genz22:
I think it says a lot about a player when their college coach passes on them.... Harbaugh passed on Fleener. Carroll passed on Taylor Mays for Earl Thomas.

Harbaugh passed on Richard Sherman......several times.
Cairo Santos kicker Tulane mid to late round pick. Draft your kicker for the future.
1. Kansas City - Jarvis Jones OLB/Star Lotulelei DT

2. Jacksonville – Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M

3. Oakland – Star Lotulelei DT/Matt Barkley QB USC

4. Philadelphia – Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

5. Carolina – Will Sutton DT

6. Tennessee – Bjoern Werner DE FSU/Dee Milliner CB Alabama

7. Detroit – Dee Milliner CB Alabama

8. Arizona – Taylor Lewan OT Michigan/ Geno Smith QB West Virginia (this one I struggled with)

9. San Diego – Damontre Moore DE/OLB Texas A&M/Jarvis Jones DE/OLB Georgia

10. Cleveland – Chance Warmack OG Alabama/Keenan Allen WR California

11. Buffalo – Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas/Dee Milliner CB Alabama/Taylor Lewan OT Michigan (I think the Bills can go a few ways here.)

12. Miami – Keenan Allen WR California/Taylor Lewan OT Michigan/Barkevious Mingo OLB LSU

13. New Orleans – Eric Reid FS LSU/ Johnthan Banks CB Miss State/Manti Te'o MLB Notre Dame

14. New York Jets – Dion Jordan DE/OLB/Matt Barkley QB USC/ Eric Reid FS LSU

15. Tampa Bay – Johnthan Banks CB Miss State/Xavier Rhodes CB FSU

16. St. Louis – Jake Mathews OT Texas A&M/DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson/T.J. McDonald FS/SS USC

17. Cincinnati – C.J. Mosely OLB Alabama

18. Minnesota – Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennesseee

19. Dallas – Jonathan Cooper OG UNC

20. St. Louis (via Washington) – Justin Hunter WR Tennessee/Chance Warmack OG Alabama

21. Pittsburgh – Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas/Sam Montgomery DE LSU

22. Seattle – Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio State/Terrance Williams WR Baylor

23. New York Giants – Sam Montgomery DE/Matt Elam SS Florida

24. Chicago – Alec Ogletree LB Georgia

25. Indianapolis – Chase Thomas OLB Stanford/Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB LSU

26. Houston – Kawan Short DT Purdue

27. Baltimore – Kevin Minter MLB LSU/Sharrif Floyd DT/DE Florida/Eric Reid S LSU

28. Denver – Johnthan Banks CB Miss. St

29. Atlanta – Alex Okafor DE Texas

30. Green Bay – Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

31. New England – Jesse Williams DT Alabama/Xavier Rhodes CB FSU/Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

32. San Fransisco - Dustin Hopkins K FSU/John Jenkins DT Georgia/Alex Okafor DE/OLB Texas/Ezekiel Ansah DE/OLB BYU
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Dec 13, 2012 at 4:26 PM ]
While I agree that Fisher is going to go earlier than expected, he is missing the boat on J. Jones, who will be drafted before Mingo. Also, Jesse Williams is going to be drafted before J Jenkins. Going to break the combine record for bench reps, and be close to that 5.00 time. Banks is super underrated. If he played at LSU, he'd be listed as a top 10 pick. Going to be a mid-first rounder.

I also think Glennon will sneak into the back end of the first round with some scrubby team moving up from their high second rounder.

Kiddos for McShay not having Barkley as a first rounder. That ship has sailed.

This will be the worst draft in nearly a decade. It is a dog, with probably only about 12-15 players I would grade as first rounders.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Dec 12, 2012 at 10:34 PM ]
I'd be pleased to see Sharrif Floyd as our late 1st round pick. The kid is quick off the snap and uses his hands well to get that initial leverage on interior OL. Also has natural anchor strength vs the run. Floyd is definitely one of several I'd have on my 1st rd want list.
I dont see us moving up in the 1st I thimk haughbaalke will do the same as last yr. and manuever for 2 second round pick and with so pick they might manuever 2 third round picks as well. Would love to see them pickup
Passrusher
De
Rb
Cb
Wr or te
Nt(move back into the 4th)
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
If this were the case I would package our 1st and the 3rd from Carolina to jump in front of St. Louis to grab Keenan Allen.

While not a need per say, he will be an absolute stud #1 WR and with Allen, Crabtree, Jenkins, and Manningham we would instantly have one of, if not the best wr core in the NFL. I think that we are progressively making a push to open up the offense by going with Kaepernick (and adding James and Jenkins in the draft). This could provide an explosive offense going forward with an offseason to make that complete transformation.

Jury is still out on Jenkins and we need some new blood at WR. Moss and Ginn will not be with us next year so this leaves only Crabtree, Manningam, Williams and Jenkins. It's still a thin unit. However, I'm not sure Keenan Allen is our boy. Don't get me wrong, he's a great receiver but we already have a couple of 4.5 guys in Crabtree and Manningham. Keenan Allen reminds me of Mohamad Sanu (Rutgers/Bengals).

We need another burner. Teams are consistantly loading up the box on us. Let's find a way to stretch the field!!!!!!!!!!! Think Tavon Austin instead :)
[ Edited by pete98146 on Dec 13, 2012 at 10:05 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
While I agree that Fisher is going to go earlier than expected, he is missing the boat on J. Jones, who will be drafted before Mingo. Also, Jesse Williams is going to be drafted before J Jenkins. Going to break the combine record for bench reps, and be close to that 5.00 time. Banks is super underrated. If he played at LSU, he'd be listed as a top 10 pick. Going to be a mid-first rounder.

I also think Glennon will sneak into the back end of the first round with some scrubby team moving up from their high second rounder.

This will be the worst draft in nearly a decade. It is a dog, with probably only about 12-15 players I would grade as first rounders.

As usual Maddog you are spot on. The draft has talent, but not franchise player talent. Having 4 picks potentially 5 between picks 32 and 104 puts the niners in position to draft for players of need and BPA.

Fortunateley NT and back up TE are positions of need and their will be top talent at that position available at pick 32.

Originally posted by MadDog49er:

You gotta feel for a team like the Chiefs or Jags who will end up #1 this year. No QB to hang your hat on when there are 5 rookies doing a really good job for their teams right now. I guess you just have to choose the biggest difference maker and grit your teeth.
Originally posted by AUniner:
You gotta feel for a team like the Chiefs or Jags who will end up #1 this year. No QB to hang your hat on when there are 5 rookies doing a really good job for their teams right now. I guess you just have to choose the biggest difference maker and grit your teeth.

Kinda like the 49ers when we chose Alex
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:

8. Arizona – Taylor Lewan OT Michigan/ Geno Smith QB West Virginia (this one I struggled with)

11. Buffalo – Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas/Dee Milliner CB Alabama/Taylor Lewan OT Michigan (I think the Bills can go a few ways here.)

12. Miami – Keenan Allen WR California/Taylor Lewan OT Michigan/Barkevious Mingo OLB LSU

13. New Orleans – Eric Reid FS LSU/ Johnthan Banks CB Miss State/Manti Te'o MLB Notre Dame

16. St. Louis – Jake Mathews OT Texas A&M/DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson/T.J. McDonald FS/SS USC

20. St. Louis (via Washington) – Justin Hunter WR Tennessee/Chance Warmack OG Alabama

27. Baltimore – Eric Reid S LSU The Ravens will need a lot of help in the defensive backfield if Ed Reed leaves and Webb's recovery from injury is slower than expected. Reid is head-knocking strong safety that legally thumps ball carriers and is always around the pile trying to make plays.

31. New England – Jesse Williams DT Alabama/Xavier Rhodes CB FSU/Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

32. San Fransisco - Dustin Hopkins K FSU/John Jenkins DT Georgia/Alex Okafor DE/OLB Texas/Ezekiel Ansah DE/OLB BYU

I'd be pissed if the 9ers went and drafted a kicker in the 1st round....shoot even if it was the 3rd I'd be pissed. We are not the friggin Raders.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'd be pissed if the 9ers went and drafted a kicker in the 1st round....shoot even if it was the 3rd I'd be pissed. We are not the friggin Raders.

Whatever happened to trusting Jim and Trent?

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:

27. Baltimore – Kevin Minter MLB LSU/Sharrif Floyd DT/DE Florida/Eric Reid S LSU

Was hoping someone would catch that
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Dec 13, 2012 at 4:27 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone