LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 195 users in the forums

McShay's 1st mock

Originally posted by 9erred:
As usual Maddog you are spot on. The draft has talent, but not franchise player talent. Having 4 picks potentially 5 between picks 32 and 104 puts the niners in position to draft for players of need and BPA.

Fortunateley NT and back up TE are positions of need and their will be top talent at that position available at pick 32.

Agree very much that NT and TE are the strengths of this draft. Not sure the team will re-sign Soap as he will gain a lot of interest in FA. Quality TE will be on the board in the 3-4 rounds
Originally posted by AUniner:
You gotta feel for a team like the Chiefs or Jags who will end up #1 this year. No QB to hang your hat on when there are 5 rookies doing a really good job for their teams right now. I guess you just have to choose the biggest difference maker and grit your teeth.

After back to back great top of the board drafts, these teams are hosed. The Chiefs have to take a long long look at Geno Smith, but he is nowhere in the class of Lick or Griffin. However, if he is in the class of Andy Dalton, they may have to pull the trigger. In the end, they will probably draft Smith or Lotulelei. Tyson Jackson is due almost $15 million in 2013, so his days are numbered.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
would absolutely HATE seeing Keenan Allen to any NFC West team, he's gonna be a STUD

s**t I hope he goes earlier like Carolina or Cleveland
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
would absolutely HATE seeing Keenan Allen to any NFC West team, he's gonna be a STUD

s**t I hope he goes earlier like Carolina or Cleveland

I'm not sure he has more than what he's shown in his career, so I'm not expecting him to blow up pre-draft workouts and the combine, which will keep him out of the top 10 and probably in the 10-20 range
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
1 KC- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
2 JAC – Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
3 OAK – Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
4 PHI – Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
5 CAR – Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
6 TEN – Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
7 DET - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
8 ARI - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
9 SD – Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
10 CLE – Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
11 BUF – Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
12 MIA – Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
13 NO – Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
14 TB – Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
15 NYJ – Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
16 STL – Eric Fisher, OT, Centeral Michigan
17 CIN – Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
18 MIN – Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
19 DAL – Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
20 STL – Keenan Allen, WR, California
21 PIT – John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
22 SEA – Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
23 CHI – Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
24 IND – Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
25 NYG – Johnathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
26 BAL – Corey Lemoneir, DE/OLB, Auburn
27 GB – Jonathan Cooper, OG, Notre Dame
28 DEN – Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
29 SF- Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
30 NE Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
31 ATL - Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
32 HOU – Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

Lol Cooper plays at UNC not Notre Dame
This is a good defensive draft, particularly in the passrushing department, but this is seriously lacking on offense, the best qb is barely a top 10 pick and there isnt a 1st round worthy rb in this draft. and the receiver are ho hum. I am glad we dont suck anymore to have a top pick so we dont have to reach for an overrated offensive player.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Lol Cooper plays at UNC not Notre Dame

I knew that, lol
Atl vs Houston super bowl, haha. Switch 29 and 30 with 32 and 31.
Am I the only one down to take Tavon Austin? STUD!!!
Originally posted by D-Money:

I doubt we go WR that early again, but I'd love to have Austin. The more playmakers the better. He reminds me of Percy Harvin a little, just not as physical.

I'd like to see us draft a WR with size though. I think we'll grab another WR in rounds 2-4. Marcus Davis is a hot name, but Cobi Hamilton and Quinton Patton are the guys I want. Hamilton is a big athletic guy, who looks better than Stephen Hill to me. I think he'll rise to the top of the 2nd. Patton isnt a big WR, but he's a smooth, reliable pass catcher. He's going to be a solid player for someone. He's a little like AJ Jenkins in that he lacks the flash and high ceiling. Patton probably go in the 2nd-3rd round, but don't be surprised if someone snatches him up early.
Originally posted by strickac:

I doubt we go WR that early again, but I'd love to have Austin. The more playmakers the better. He reminds me of Percy Harvin a little, just not as physical.

I'd like to see us draft a WR with size though. I think we'll grab another WR in rounds 2-4. Marcus Davis is a hot name, but Cobi Hamilton and Quinton Patton are the guys I want. Hamilton is a big athletic guy, who looks better than Stephen Hill to me. I think he'll rise to the top of the 2nd. Patton isnt a big WR, but he's a smooth, reliable pass catcher. He's going to be a solid player for someone. He's a little like AJ Jenkins in that he lacks the flash and high ceiling. Patton probably go in the 2nd-3rd round, but don't be surprised if someone snatches him up early.
Give me Tavon.

He's got the speed and wiggle that we don't have much of. He could replace both Ginn and Williams. He's like Devin Hester returning the ball, it's insane.

Originally posted by boomer49er:
Originally posted by strickac:

Give me Tavon.

He's got the speed and wiggle that we don't have much of. He could replace both Ginn and Williams. He's like Devin Hester returning the ball, it's insane.

Holy cow. I agree with you. I dont think he will last until the 2nd rd so the Niners would have to grab him in the first. I think he is exactly what we need for our slot receiver and kick off returner.
Austin is tiny and drafting a guy that small in the 1st is very unusual; however, he's very explosive. I think if the draft were today, he'd be a 2nd rounder. I expect him to dazzle at the Senior Bowl, which should get him in the late 1st, early 2nd range.

His size is going to be a red flag for many teams, but it only takes one to bite. I just hope he doesn't go to NE. He would be deadly in the short crossing routes. He's a much better athlete than Welker and would a bigger threat to break big plays. Again though, his durability/size is the issue. If someone like Goldson or Whitner cracks him clean over the middle, it's a wrap.
This looks like an incredibly weak draft.
I don't see a true #1 overall pick until 2014 - Teddy Bridgewater.
Share 49ersWebzone