There are 174 users in the forums

Who would you draft if we traded Kaepernick for a 1st and a 3rd after the season?

If anything, I think the time is now to offer a contract extension to Kaepernick. He is unproven, a #2 qb. What an ideal time to lock up his services for 2015, 2016 and maybe 2017. Throw some guaranteed money his way in a bonus and back load the contract for the 2015 and 2016 seasons. This would ensure qb contintuity and would give the FO leverage for when Alex Smiths contract comes due after the 2014 season.
I would be seriously disappointed if we traded Kaep
Originally posted by kush:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Dude, there's no way he'd go for anything more than a 2nd and that's if a team gets extremely desperate. More like a 3rd or 4th.

Where's your logic?

Kid was picked at the very top of the second round and has not hit the field because Harbaugh got a veteran to play out of his mind. The biggest knock on him last yr was that he was raw and now he's spent over a year with the king Midas of QB gurus. If we traded Kaep, at the very least we'd recoup what we invested in him. Why would you buy a house for a certain price, remodel it and boost its value and then sell it for lower than you paid??

CK7 has improved since last year, his value is going up not down.

That's just the way the NFL works...and he's still a project. Similar to Schaub being traded to Houston, Cassell traded to KC for a 2nd, and hasselbeck traded to Seattle for a 3rd.

All im saying is there's no way a teams gives up a top 5 pick next year. Why not just take Barkley or Geno Smith?
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
That's just the way the NFL works...and he's still a project. Similar to Schaub being traded to Houston, Cassell traded to KC for a 2nd, and hasselbeck traded to Seattle for a 3rd.

All im saying is there's no way a teams gives up a top 5 pick next year. Why not just take Barkley or Geno Smith?

I agree no team is gonna give up a top-5 pick for Kaep, but that's not what I was arguing for. I'm just saying there's no way he goes for a 3rd or 4th. I would not be surprised to see him fetch a late-1st or early-2nd.

By the end of this season Kaep will be even more polished and will look more attractive than the 2nd-3rd tier of draft eligible qbs because of his athleticism and familiarity with nfl offenses.

IMO this is all moot because Kaep is Jim harbaughs hand-picked project and there's no way we trade him. He's too good of a match for what Harbaugh wants to do.
At this point I wouldn't trade Kaep, but if we did, and got a 1 and 3, I would go in rd 1, Kawann Short and Kenny Vaccaro or Eric Reid, then NT, OLB, CB, and OL in the next 4 picks.
We are not trading him.....
Share 49ersWebzone