LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Geno Smith QB West Virginia Mountaineers

I was rooting for the guy, now I hope he fails if these are true.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I was rooting for the guy, now I hope he fails if these are true.

Don't worry. He will.
When that NYC media rips into him he'll wish he'd have dropped further.
All of this Geno Smith post draft media bashing reminds me of the things that came out about Michael Crabtree after he was drafted. I think once one negative thing comes out about a player, it welcomes the flood gates to open for the media to scrutinize everything he does. It helped Crabtree that he landed with the relatively media friendly 49ers. Geno Smith is not so lucky, and he should just keep his head down and focus on his game.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NowImLost:
All of this Geno Smith post draft media bashing reminds me of the things that came out about Michael Crabtree after he was drafted. I think once one negative thing comes out about a player, it welcomes the flood gates to open for the media to scrutinize everything he does. It helped Crabtree that he landed with the relatively media friendly 49ers. Geno Smith is not so lucky, and he should just keep his head down and focus on his game.

+ Crabtree played WR and could be given time to develop... Geno Smith will be expected to play well right away and if he doesn't he is done.
Share 49ersWebzone