LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Draft General Discussion

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Here we go again... Las year we said te same thing about aldon

True, But ever year a player is selected based on college, it's like playing russian roulet. Never know which one is the bullet. This kid won't be rushed nearly so with all the talent ahead of him unlike aldon. Also i like him a lot i feel like im looking at jerry rice it's freaking me out im not kidding i was like man this kid is smooth and i was like i've seen this before... Also that qb looked worse than Alex smith in his rookie season... lol
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Apr 26, 2012 at 8:43 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
We couldnt trade back WTH
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by fropwns:
Polished route runner, good hands, descent speed, not very big....I know he's not the same guy, but it sure does sound like.......

Of course that guy was 6' 2" and weighed about 200 pounds....
He'll keep his college number 8 and add a number 1 after it at the 9ers hahaha . . . .
Originally posted by ace49ers:
He'll keep his college number 8 and add a number 1 after it at the 9ers hahaha . . . .

GOD NO! He can just have Kyle Williams number!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Apr 26, 2012 at 8:50 PM ]
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

True, But ever year a player is selected based on college, it's like playing russian roulet. Never know which one is the bullet. This kid won't be rushed nearly so with all the talent ahead of him unlike aldon. Also i like him a lot i feel like im looking at jerry rice it's freaking me out im not kidding i was like man this kid is smooth and i was like i've seen this before... Also that qb looked worse than Alex smith in his rookie season... lol

woah slow down jerry rice is to much lol but i really like this guy he has nice hands and good route running plus the speed helps too

Im glad we didnt take hill because he is overrated imo. He was a good deep threat but he is not a route runner which is very important for the WCO so i love this pick despite him not being a big named guy
Originally posted by captveg:
LOL Grant Cohn just had his childhood dreams crushed and is handling it like a toddler.

Grant Cohn is a mental midget.
Lol! We all dont know s**t! Cheers.
We should have traded up for Fleener
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

woah slow down jerry rice is to much lol but i really like this guy he has nice hands and good route running plus the speed helps too

Im glad we didnt take hill because he is overrated imo. He was a good deep threat but he is not a route runner which is very important for the WCO so i love this pick despite him not being a big named guy
I mean jerry when he was in college, their highlights look very much a like route running, getting open making some great catchs, that qb was horrible he saves him out so many times. Like saying image jerry with steve young, Imagine this kid with the likes of colin, i like it hope it pans out..

from what I've read he could turn out to be a real sleeper. I like the pick in the same way I warmed up to drafting Aldon last year, and I'm warming up to Jenkins a lot quicker based on Baalke's record.

I'm so f'n happy we didnt draft Hill..Baalke is known as a scout's scout, he drafted a vertical threat who has PROVEN himself as such on the field instead of simply having great measurables. The guy was damn productive considering the offense he was in.

Jenkins seems real smooth and quite polished as a route runner, just seems to be a football player. He gives Harbaugh great flexibility, given his ability to work every part of the field--not just deep.

if you think about it, this pick is very similar in philosophy to Aldon and Culliver last year. I'm not overjoyed because i wanted Janoris Jenkins, but this Jenkins pick appeases me.

He needs to gain strength, so this was a luxury pick given that he'll probably not have a huge role this year.
Ive been beating the AJ Jenkins drum for a while on here. Hes gonna be a star measurables compare to Greg Jennings. Had the best height weight speed quickness explosiveness hands measurables of any WR in this draft. Was better than K. Wright in every measurable plus hes taller love this pick. Folks that had him rated at the end of the 2nd and even 3rd were dreaming. Not hard to see the picks Baalke favors he puts alot of stock in the most important but too often under estimated 3 cone drill. Gonna go out on a limb if he goes d line in the second and Derek Wolfe is on the board he will be the pick!
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
from what I've read he could turn out to be a real sleeper. I like the pick in the same way I warmed up to drafting Aldon last year, and I'm warming up to Jenkins a lot quicker based on Baalke's record.

I'm so f'n happy we didnt draft Hill..Baalke is known as a scout's scout, he drafted a vertical threat who has PROVEN himself as such on the field instead of simply having great measurables. The guy was damn productive considering the offense he was in.

Jenkins seems real smooth and quite polished as a route runner, just seems to be a football player. He gives Harbaugh great flexibility, given his ability to work every part of the field--not just deep.

if you think about it, this pick is very similar in philosophy to Aldon and Culliver last year. I'm not overjoyed because i wanted Janoris Jenkins, but this Jenkins pick appeases me.

He needs to gain strength, so this was a luxury pick given that he'll probably not have a huge role this year.

Sleepers don't get overdrafted, Just FYI
Polished route runner, good hands, descent speed, not very big....I know he's not the same guy, but it sure does sound like.......

Of course that guy was 6' 2" and weighed about 200 pounds....

Do not even tease me bro...

Now i'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

Btw, 6'2" 192 as a rookie
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
HATE IT

2ND ROUND PICK. Seattle is laughing at us now.

Well technically it is the second kinda

they can laugh all they want. they were watching us in december. And, they still don't have a quarterback...
Share 49ersWebzone