There are 221 users in the forums

Re-worked all-round Mock Draft

I've noticed that Peter Konz has slipped a bit in the mock drafts out there, while Tommy Streeter looks more like a late 2nd/early 3rd round guy now. I really like the idea of having Konz and Kilgore compete in camp, with Konz sliding over to C in 2013 or 2014. Also remember that we don't really have any depth at C if Snyder leaves.

30. Peter Konz, C/G, Wisconsin - RG is a current-year need - Konz can play guard well and is a polished center. So in 2012, we'll have a training camp battle at Right Guard between Konz and Kilgore. Either way, Konz will be the backup center and take over for Goodwin in 2013 or 2014 -- or sooner if Goodwin gets hurt. His athleticism makes him a great pass blocker and excels bump-blocking DTs and moving onto the LB. Great pickup at #30.

62. Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami - Randy Moss measurables (6-5 220, 4.4. speed) but incredibly raw. Probably won't play a whole lot as a rookie, but that's OK -- he'll learn a lot and be ready to go in 2013 after a year sitting behind Moss.

93. Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State - BPA Pick. Great value - we need a third back to split time with the others, esp. if Gore goes down. Also, Turbin is a good short yardage runner.

125. Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma - Depth in the Secondary, somebody to develop in case Tarell Brown leaves in Free Agency after 2013.

157. Hebron Fangupo, DT/NT, BYU - Dude is a total badass that nobody has really noticed, for some reason. Will be a great guy to put in the rotation. Also, Soap and RJF are free agents after the 2012 season.

190. Trevor Guyton, DE, California - Nice 5-technique prospect

220. Greg McCoy, CB/KR, TCU - Another defensive back, with good return skills. We'll need a backup return man with Ginn probably leaving...Cox is dangerous but he could get in trouble again.
I like it. Two good d line prospects and a 3rd RB. Only thing missing is another 3-4 OLB. Nice work....
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I like it. Two good d line prospects and a 3rd RB. Only thing missing is another 3-4 OLB. Nice work....

Thanks. I neglected OLB because we're locked up at the position through the middle of the decade, contract-wise, outside of Haralson (through 2013). You're better off addressing that need next year.
i like konz too but remember this wil really only work of we get lloyd/chaz in FA
Nice draft, like all. Guyton could develop into a very good player at the pro level.

Turbin also has pretty good hands as a receiver and can block.
Nice work. I really like streeter and hope we get him. Makes it even better that we have moss who can hopefully teach him something.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i like konz too but remember this wil really only work of we get lloyd/chaz in FA

Don't need Chaz. If we have 5 WRs and 3 TEs on the roster, It would look like this:

TE1: Davis
TE2: Walker
TE3: Byham/Miller
FL1: Moss
SE1: Crabtree
SL1/FL2: Lloyd
SL2: Williams
FL2/SE2: Streeter
This is exactly why I want the team to re sign snyder, he can play guard and be back up center. This gives the team to get BPA at pick 30. Otherwise you are using pick 30 to fill aposition of need, if Konz is off the board it would suck to reach for someone else.

This draft is unsexy, but practical, I love the turbin pick in round 3.

It seems odd to use a top 60 pick on a raw talent. This is why I would rather use pick 30 on Sanu, Wright, whoever falls to 30.
Originally posted by 9erred:
This is exactly why I want the team to re sign snyder, he can play guard and be back up center. This gives the team to get BPA at pick 30. Otherwise you are using pick 30 to fill aposition of need, if Konz is off the board it would suck to reach for someone else.

This draft is unsexy, but practical, I love the turbin pick in round 3.

It seems odd to use a top 60 pick on a raw talent. This is why I would rather use pick 30 on Sanu, Wright, whoever falls to 30.

Yeah, but Streeter has Top 5 physical tools.
  • dj43
I like a RB in the third. Worked with Gore.

Doubt Konz will drop that far but would love the guy at #30.

A 2nd round pick should be a starter by the end of the first season. Do you think Streeter will get there?

Like this one better Nick. Good Job
I actually love your draft. Alex still gets way too much pressure right up the gut. One of the guys posted stats and our OL still gives up WAY TOO many "quick sacks."
If we are able to give Alex a few more seconds back there then it can't help but improve in areas what we are underperforming ie 3rd downs and red zone efficiency.
Konz starts from day one and he'll help solidify the line. Aside from having to hit the weight room to improve his upper body strength, he's a stud.

I'd love to somehow get Joe Adams to be our backup receiver/return man but I don't think he'll be available past the second round and I'd rather have a guy like Streeter.

Good job .
I like it alot. I guess it is a long shot to get Fleener. Teams are signing Wr's right now and the need won't be so great on draft day. TE's will be in higher demand I think... I just hate it that if we run 2 TE sets alot, then D. Walker will be on the field a bunch and I don't think he is a viable threat. I would like to see him upgraded...

That being said... Konz and Turbin would make me happy and I'm ok with any WR prospect. I like how you are thinking ahead for future departurers as well!
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I like it alot. I guess it is a long shot to get Fleener. Teams are signing Wr's right now and the need won't be so great on draft day. TE's will be in higher demand I think... I just hate it that if we run 2 TE sets alot, then D. Walker will be on the field a bunch and I don't think he is a viable threat. I would like to see him upgraded...

That being said... Konz and Turbin would make me happy and I'm ok with any WR prospect. I like how you are thinking ahead for future departurers as well!

Thanks. I really like Fleener too, but I don't think he's going to be there at #30 and Konz falling to #30 would be a steal.
i would love this draft! one of the best that ive seen!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone