There are 164 users in the forums

No Hill/Fleener in the 1st Post Combine mock V1

Nice draft.

I don't feel Joe "The Jet" is a 3rd rounder - I see drafts where is is mid to late 4th. Love to get him in thhe 4th. I'd much rather get a RG with that pick like Brandon Brooks.

Really like the Green, McNutt and Burisss picks. I've seen McNutt going in the 3rd and I feel he will beccome an excellent WR with the type of coaching we are now providing.

Good work.
Cutting Haralson does seem possible. I wonder whether coaches might prepare Larry Grant as a swing LB, backing up both ILB and OLB positions.
Can somebody grade the potentioal of Jeff Fuller? Big guy(6'4) who was very high on mocks at one point but is a extremely late rounder now. can somebody tell me what happnd?
Isn't Zietler a better pick at #40 or #50?
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Can somebody grade the potentioal of Jeff Fuller? Big guy(6'4) who was very high on mocks at one point but is a extremely late rounder now. can somebody tell me what happnd?

4.59 is what happened to Floyd. Niners need need need team speed on offense. When Morgan and Crabtree struggle to get separation, bringing in another lumbering receiver doesn't help. He'd be great for a team looking for a tall possession receiver to compliment their burners. The Niners need a few burners to compliment their possession receivers
[ Edited by pete98146 on Mar 5, 2012 at 4:49 PM ]
A.J. Jenkins in the 6th? Not a chance.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by martysofresh:

4.59 is what happened to Floyd. Niners need need need team speed on offense. When Morgan and Crabtree struggle to get separation, bringing in another lumbering receiver doesn't help. He'd be great for a team looking for a tall possession receiver to compliment their burners. The Niners need a few burners to compliment their possession receivers
thanks, im gonna assume you meant Fuller. but ddnt he get injured or something like that? because I remember early in the year he was projected as a 1-2 rounders and now he's a 5-6 rd guy.Would he be worth taking in the late rounds or would you pass on him completely?
I like the Miller pick. I don't think he is there at #40. We may have to pick him at #30 if need be. And I'm ok with that. We have a big need at RB. Gore has really hit the wall. And people are looking at the past if they can't see it. He kept having to come out late in the season and in the playoffs.

Ladarius Green is also good. I like the pick. I could live with these picks.

There is no way we get Colston BTW. We aren't spending that much on a WR. Vincent Jackson is better anyway. Bigger, stronger and faster than Colston. Colston is a product of ball placement by Brees.

Any mock without Ginn doesn't make sense IMO. He' has elite speed and is an elite return man. Pay him and get him back. Him healthy and in the NFC Championship game and we are in the Super Bowl. And with a wounded Gronk I think we win it....
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 5, 2012 at 9:43 PM ]
Miller is going to be good. Love trading back from 30 because I dont think the value is there for us.

RB isn't the #1 need but having 3 good RB's (and 2 solid RB's for an aging Gore) especially in this harbaugh offense is great.
Overall I like the mock. I'm not at all crazy about trading the 1st rounder, especially for just a 2nd. And with whom are we trading it? Also, I am definitely not comfortable with waiting til the 3rd to select a WR. If we get Colston in FA (and I hope to God we do) I think we at least pick one up in the 2nd and get a CB in the first. Obviously I'm among the few here who don't see Crabs as our answer at the #2 WR spot, so I see our WR hole to be bigger than most here. He has simply not proformed like a one or two to me. In fact I'd like see his butt packaged for picks. Right now, Morgan is our best performing WR on our roster. He is our solid #2. Crabs has performed as a #3 and should not be seen as anything other than that in my mind.

One flaw...we need a starting caliber OG to complete the OL. Snyder may not be back and even if he is, we need better at that position. Also, you can't really cut Haralson...he's in the last year of his contract and is the only experienced OLB behind Brooks and Aldon Smith.
Not convinced Fleener won't be on the board, however, I like the first three picks. Also not convinced they'll re-sign Snyder...and for that reason, I'd advocate for a starting caliber OG early in the draft. Agree Miller's a playmaker...but I believe Baalke/Harbaugh are looking for a 220+ lb RB. My choice would be Doug Martin. He does everything well, including picking up pass rushers & also returning kicks. I think Harbaugh will acquire Josh Johnson...for he has no veteran experience at QB behind Alex. He can be had for not a lot, but has talent, plus he and Harbaugh have a real connection. As for Colston, agree when healthy, he's a terrific receiver. However, he's had a number of injuries...and will likely command big FA bucks. Maybe a more realistic WR would be Garcon, Manningham or Meachem. Any of these guys would provide a much-needed downfield playmaker and could arguably be had for much less than Colston or some of the other big-name receivers. Overall, I like your mock, but I think an OG & bigger RB will be draft priorities.
Solid mock homie but I wouldn't release Haralson. Everything else is pretty solid. I would take Miller at 40 but i don't think he will be there.
Share 49ersWebzone