LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 405 users in the forums

*Who to watch* ORSON CHARLES - TE - GA BULLDOGS

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Charles is the closest clone I've seen to Vernon.

i agree

i think allen will be the best TE however

he is more pure of a TE with great hands and has speed (just a hair slower than charles) and runs great routes
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Charles is the closest clone I've seen to Vernon.

i agree

i think allen will be the best TE however

he is more pure of a TE with great hands and has speed (just a hair slower than charles) and runs great routes

If I had to make comparisons:

Allen = Antonio Gates
Charles = Vernon Davis
Fleener = Greg Olsen
If I had to make comparisons:

Allen = Antonio Gates
Charles = Vernon Davis
Fleener = Greg Olsen

Decent comparisons by type. I think Charles is less Vernon than Vernon. I think Allen has more noise coming out than Gates did, but that's a tough act to follow. His pro success seems to be dependent on a willingness to put in all the work that Gates did to develop and refine his game. Fleener-Olsen seems like a fair comparison. Fleener seems better a t getting higher balls, but Olsen has already done it in the NFL. I would not be particularly upset with any of the three. I made the argument that Charles is too similar to VD to work as a complimant to him, but the pairing of Willis and Bowman seemed to work out pretty well for the defense, sooooo..... yeah.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Decent comparisons by type. I think Charles is less Vernon than Vernon. I think Allen has more noise coming out than Gates did, but that's a tough act to follow. His pro success seems to be dependent on a willingness to put in all the work that Gates did to develop and refine his game. Fleener-Olsen seems like a fair comparison. Fleener seems better a t getting higher balls, but Olsen has already done it in the NFL. I would not be particularly upset with any of the three. I made the argument that Charles is too similar to VD to work as a complimant to him, but the pairing of Willis and Bowman seemed to work out pretty well for the defense, sooooo..... yeah.

lol gates was undrafted so of course hes making more noise but ya i agreethey play very similar speed size hands routes all comparable

charles is less muscular but has the frame to build is similar size to vernon while also having similar speed

i dont know who to compare fleener too
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

lol gates was undrafted so of course hes making more noise but ya i agreethey play very similar speed size hands routes all comparable

charles is less muscular but has the frame to build is similar size to vernon while also having similar speed

Greg Olsen lol.

It depends on how much you like him. I'm hearing Gronk (not as strong... yet), Graham (seems slower, slightly less athletic, but this appears to be a fair comparison, by type), and Olsen.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Charles checked in at 6'2" 251 pounds, hands measured 9 - 1/4"
He tweeted ya boy the other day. Iz nice.
Share 49ersWebzone