LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

LaMichael James.

• mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by mike:
Hunter isn't built the same. MJD is all legs and ass where Hunter is proportionate throughout.

I was hoping much of the weight gains could be to the legs but I don't know how easy that will be. Hunter does have good sized legs though, and MJD definitely has bigger "guns" too so who knows.

Its all body structure and some guys don't have it. Unless he hits the leg press, squats, lunges, and the wheel of pain VERY hard I don't think he would have legs like that.

The only guy that has that look to me is Ray Rice, short but super thick in the legs. Hunter is well built but his top matches the bottom, you want more of a 60/40 split in size. Hunter is well defined but doesn't have the bulk in the legs. Here is a pic of Hunter, strong but cut, not thick bulk. Below him is Ray Rice.

Rice is bigger by about 1 inch but has almost 13lbs on Hunter. Rice is older by about 1.5 years if I remember correctly. Although Rice has been in the league longer he went into the combine lighter then Hunter...almost 5lbs. Although an NFL regiment can add muscle I do attribute it to Rice's frame and the ability to add bulk to his legs. Usually a good indicator is the size of a players butt...bigger butt goes hand in hand (no pun) with thick legs...the tree trunks need something to connect to.
His calves don't look much thinner than Rice's. MJD is definitely in a league of his own with that picture though lol.

Rice looks pretty proportional to me from that picture(closeup on Hunters thighs and I think you'd have a similar picture lol), I think if you get Hunter to 208 it'll be similar to Rice@ 112 with the additional inch in height.
[ Edited by mike on May 6, 2012 at 1:05 PM ]
His calves don't look much thinner than Rice's. MJD is definitely in a league of his own with that picture though lol.

Rice looks pretty proportional to me from that picture(closeup on Hunters thighs and I think you'd have a similar picture lol), I think if you get Hunter to 208 it'll be similar to Rice@ 112 with the additional inch in height.

here is a pic of Rice's calves.....dude is all muscle

• mike
  • Veteran

Yeah but like you said he weighed less than hunter at the combine, and Hunter already looks cut as hell too(but obviously doesn't have close up shots like these). Add 9 pounds of muscle to hunter and I believe you'd get similar pictures.

I don't see us having two backs who don't run between the tackles so I hope by the time Gore is done Hunter has added that muscle. He doesn't need to do it all this offseason.

Yeah but like you said he weighed less than hunter at the combine, and Hunter already looks cut as hell too(but obviously doesn't have close up shots like these). Add 9 pounds of muscle to hunter and I believe you'd get similar pictures.

I don't see us having two backs who don't run between the tackles so I hope by the time Gore is done Hunter has added that muscle. He doesn't need to do it all this offseason.

Honestly I would rather draft a strong back to take over for Gore, let Hunter be the blend of speed and strenght, and have James be the shifty guy.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:
Originally posted by ImaMod:

Lol at deleting your post.

b***h move

This. lol
  • mike
  • Veteran
Honestly I would rather draft a strong back to take over for Gore, let Hunter be the blend of speed and strenght, and have James be the shifty guy.
I think as long as we always have a big redzone/short yardage back we have no need for a "bell cow" that can do a bit of everything like Gore can. So we'll end up "replacing" gore by committee. Jacobs doesn't solve that problem long-term so it is an area we need to address.

Gore is big enough to be a down hill runner and push for inches in short yardage, and fast enough to hit a home run if given any openings. But at the same time you obviously see a lot of wear and tear when a guy gets 280 carries a year.

If we did draft a Gore clone there would be too many mouths to feed as far as giving carries to both LJ and Hunter.
Still believe the team would be comfortable with Hunter as the featured starter. Unless a potentially elite RB was available and we diagnosed it as a need, we might focus on other areas in a couple years when Gore is gone.

Wouldn't be surprised to see our depth chart look like:

1. Hunter
2. James
3. ST / Short Yardage Powerback guy
4. ST / Short Yardage Powerback guy

The thing Hunter has going for him is his blocking ability. Despite his size, his blocking is not too far off from Gore's level. One thing the Niners really liked about him was that trait.
Originally posted by redrathman:

lmao

Wut

Originally posted by Dadda808:
Does anyone think we should look at laMichael in the second? He's a beast. Thinking best player available he gotta be top of the list in the bottom of the second...

you hella called it, lol
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Wut

You can't read or what?
Comparing RBs may be fun but it's a futile excercise. Several of my favorite running backs were Walter Payton, Gale Sayers, Jim Brown and Garrison Hearst. The only thing those guys have in common? They played RB in the NFL at a high level. Their bodies were really different types and their talent, running ability, was also very unique.

Payton: gymnist
Sayers: cat
Brown: part racehorse/part tank
Hearst: smooth

This doesn't do them justice but while I type this I can picture them running and just marvel at the unique ability great RBs tend to have.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

looks like my legs. surriously.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
looks like my legs. surriously.

need pics of your legs or lies.
Share 49ersWebzone