LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

LaMichael James.

nice bump! Dadda was right on the spot
Originally posted by ImaMod:

Lol at deleting your post.

b***h move
Originally posted by Dadda808:
Does anyone think we should look at laMichael in the second? He's a beast. Thinking best player available he gotta be top of the list in the bottom of the second...

You get props. Nice pick! I too would have said on paper that he's kind of small for the niners but l think Baalke and Harbaugh aren't afraid of taking players that don't fit the mold if they get production.

He fits what the niners are looking for.

He's a gold helmet guy with good character.
He is a die hard football geek who will do anything for his team to win. If you listen to his interview on Knbr he is just excited to play anywhere they want him.
As a runner he is decisive and hits the hole hard. (Key for Niner backs and scheme of the line.)
He's faster than any back we have.
He's a home run threat.

He's a 49er Baby!
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:

b***h move

What was the post?
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I really like to grab him in the 3rd or later. He's may be like Hunter but I think he's faster and is a lot better in open space.

...and I think this is precisely why the Niners got him... As much as I like Hunter, he is not nearly the threat to take it to the house on any play that James is... They may be similar in terms of size but they have different games. When Gore is finally done with his great career, I can see Hunter taking over as the prominent RB in this offense (particularly if he can add 10 of muscle or so) with James also getting a fair amount of carries... I don't think it will be a 2-headed monster approach like a lot of NFL teams use but I think it could be similar...

Finally, I also think you could see both James and Hunter on the field at the same time this coming season...to provide 2 backfield threats on 3rd downs for example... Neither can be covered by a LB so they could provide great mismatch problems for opposing defenses...

In any case, it's going to be fun to see how Harbaugh and Co. use these guys....

Cheers!
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
...and I think this is precisely why the Niners got him... As much as I like Hunter, he is not nearly the threat to take it to the house on any play that James is... They may be similar in terms of size but they have different games. When Gore is finally done with his great career, I can see Hunter taking over as the prominent RB in this offense (particularly if he can add 10 of muscle or so) with James also getting a fair amount of carries... I don't think it will be a 2-headed monster approach like a lot of NFL teams use but I think it could be similar...

Finally, I also think you could see both James and Hunter on the field at the same time this coming season...to provide 2 backfield threats on 3rd downs for example... Neither can be covered by a LB so they could provide great mismatch problems for opposing defenses...

In any case, it's going to be fun to see how Harbaugh and Co. use these guys....

Cheers!

Yeah I loved hunter but I'm starting to really think they're going to push to try to get him to gain 10 pounds of muscle, get him closer to MJD's 208 pounds.

Baalke told reporters when they were analyzing the picks last year that kendall can be an every down back and that's how they see him, they even have him wearing the same # as MJD lol. If you had an offense with a sproles-like 3rd down back AND a MJD feature back that would be an amazing combo.
[ Edited by mike on May 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM ]
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

Cheers!

Yeah I loved hunter but I'm starting to really think they're going to push to try to get him to gain 10 pounds of muscle, get him closer to MJD's 208 pounds.

Baalke told reporters when they were analyzing the picks last year that kendall can be an every down back and that's how they see him, they even have him wearing the same # as MJD lol. If you had an offense with a sproles-like 3rd down back AND a MJD feature back that would be an amazing combo.

Hunter isn't built the same. MJD is all legs and ass where Hunter is proportionate throughout.
i wan't happy with the pick when it was announced. but i think he can eventually take over for gore. hunter will remain the back-up. plus he will give us another weapon this season, we need all the help we can get on offense.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:

b***h move

What was the post?

b***h move
+1

Hunter is a quality back that was expected to be a 'Sproles' clone. He is not. MJ is expected to be that kind of back. With the tandem of MJ AND Hunter, well let's just say 2 are better than one, although LMJ just may replace him. We still need a power back to replace Gore and the next draft is deeper at RB. I expect Gore's replacement then. I was rather surprised to see a back chosen in the second round this year. Obviously the Niners placed a great value on LMJ. I hope this works out.
Personally, I do not understand the 2 'scat-back' approach, but this is probably why I am not the GM...LOL. Last season our Beloved Team did great things with less talent than we have added so far. It feels very much like the beginning of something very similar to the initial (dare I say?) Bill Walsh early years, and the SB within the first 3 years. I truly feel that it is our time, and the rebirth of another dynasty that is well deserved. Go Niners..
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Hunter isn't built the same. MJD is all legs and ass where Hunter is proportionate throughout.

I was hoping much of the weight gains could be to the legs but I don't know how easy that will be. Hunter does have good sized legs though, and MJD definitely has bigger "guns" too so who knows.

Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by jreff22:

I was hoping much of the weight gains could be to the legs but I don't know how easy that will be. Hunter does have good sized legs though, and MJD definitely has bigger "guns" too so who knows.

Its all body structure and some guys don't have it. Unless he hits the leg press, squats, lunges, and the wheel of pain VERY hard I don't think he would have legs like that.

The only guy that has that look to me is Ray Rice, short but super thick in the legs. Hunter is well built but his top matches the bottom, you want more of a 60/40 split in size. Hunter is well defined but doesn't have the bulk in the legs. Here is a pic of Hunter, strong but cut, not thick bulk. Below him is Ray Rice.

Rice is bigger by about 1 inch but has almost 13lbs on Hunter. Rice is older by about 1.5 years if I remember correctly. Although Rice has been in the league longer he went into the combine lighter then Hunter...almost 5lbs. Although an NFL regiment can add muscle I do attribute it to Rice's frame and the ability to add bulk to his legs. Usually a good indicator is the size of a players butt...bigger butt goes hand in hand (no pun) with thick legs...the tree trunks need something to connect to.
....fap?
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
+1

Originally posted by Lobo49er:

b***h move
+1

Definitely a b***h move! If you say something own up to it.
Share 49ersWebzone