LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 192 users in the forums

RISERS/FALLERS of Senior Bowl & East-West Shrine Game

As I continue to follow these prospects as we work our way towards the 2012 NFL Draft, more and more a clearer picture starts to form of the values of each player. Aside from what we obviously saw with our own eyes, reports out of who impressed/disappointed abound at this time of year. Listing out the majority of the important names, here are those players that helped or hurt themselves the most over the past few weeks (by position) and their new projected draft round. . .

RISERS:

RB Doug Martin, Boise State - 2nd
RB Isiah Pead, Cincinnati - 2nd-3rd
RB Chris Rainey, Florida - 4th

FB Brad Smelley, Alabama - 5th-6th

TE Ladarius Green, Louisiana-Lafayette - 3rd
TE Cory Harkey, UCLA - 4th
TE Kevin Koger, Michigan - 5th
TE Chase Ford, Miami - 6th

WR Juron Criner, Arizona - 2nd-3rd
WR Joe Adams, Arkansas - 3rd
WR Jarius Wright, Arkansas - 4th
WR Marvin Jones, Cal - 4th
WR Devon Wylie, Fresno State - 5th-6th
WR T.J. Graham, N.C. State - 5th-6th
WR Tim Benford, Tennessee Tech - 6th

C Philip Blake, Baylor - 4th

OT Mike Adams, Ohio State - 1st-2nd
OT Mitchell Schwartz, Cal - 2nd-3rd
OT James Brown, Troy - 3rd-4th
OT Jeff Allen, Illinois - 4th
OT Markus Zusevics, Iowa - 5th-6th

OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin - 2nd
OG Senio Kelemete, Washington - 2nd-3rd
OG Brandon Brooks, Miami-Ohio - 3rd
OG Rishaw Johnson, California (PA) - 5th
OG Jeremiah Warren, South Florida - 7th

DE Vinny Curry, Marshall - 2nd

DT Kendall Reyes, Connecticut - 2nd
DT DaJohn Harris, USC - 2nd-3rd
DT Mike Martin, Michigan - 3rd
DT Akiem Hicks, Regina - 4th-5th

ILB Sean Loiseau, Merrimack - 6th

OLB Lavonte David, Nebraska - 2nd
OLB Shea McClellin, Boise State - 2nd-3rd
OLB Kyle Wilber, Wake Forest - 4th-5th

CB Leonard Johnson, Iowa State - 2nd-3rd
CB Josh Norman, Coastal Carolina - 2nd-3rd
CB Ryan Steed, Furman - 3rd
CB Jamell Fleming, Oklahoma - 3rd
CB Dwight Bentley, Louisiana-Lafayette - 3rd-4th
CB Micah Pellerin, Hampton - 4th-5th
CB Justin Bethel, Presbyterian - 5th-6th

S George Iloka, Boise State - 2nd-3rd
S Brandon Taylor, LSU - 5th

FALLERS:

TE Michael Egnew - 4th

WR Dwight Jones, North Carolina - 3rd
WR DeVier Posey, Ohio State - 4th
WR Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M - 4th-5th
WR A.J. Jenkins, Illinois - 5th-6th

C William Vlachos, Alabama - 7th

OT Zebrie Sanders, Florida State - 2nd
OT Matt Reynolds, BYU - 5th

DT Jaye Howard, Florida - 6th

OLB Brandon Lindsey, Pittsburgh - 4th-5th
OLB Adrian Robinson, Temple - 7th

CB Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraskas - 1st-2nd
CB Donnie Fletcher, Boston College - 4th-5th
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Your missing Hayward on that list. Any idea on him? Or his he still right in the late 2nd early 3rd window? I'm kind of on my own lonely TJ graham bandwagon as a late round addition to the receiving competition.

Thanks for the list.
Casey Hayward didn't really have a good or bad showing. His aggressiveness during the Senior Bowl was a pro and con. I still see him being a 2nd round prospect.

I'm disappointed that Dwight Jones didn't separate himself from the rest of the group. I kinda knew Jeff Fuller was gonna fall though.
Originally posted by sfout:
Your missing Hayward on that list. Any idea on him? Or his he still right in the late 2nd early 3rd window? I'm kind of on my own lonely TJ graham bandwagon as a late round addition to the receiving competition.

Thanks for the list.

Don't think Heyward's status changed much. From what I hear, he's still considered by the majority to be anywhere from a 3rd to a 4th rounder.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Don't think Heyward's status changed much. From what I hear, he's still considered by the majority to be anywhere from a 3rd to a 4th rounder.

oooh good lord if he was their in the 4th.....need a wr/te, olb, and a ol before I worry about a cb that is as long as we re-sign rogers. With that, how did Senio Kelemente look? If I had to draft a guard this year I would hope its him.
Thanks OTC.

What is your opinion of and how good is Joe "The Jet" Adams and ddoes he slip into the 4th?
I'm surprised Gerell Robinson isn't on that list. He only caught two balls, but I thought he flashed some ability. I was also wondering why Gerell hasn't gotten more play in the zone, while Tommy Streeter has? To me they are about the same player. They are both about the same size 6-4 220ish and one year wonders. Gerell has even out produced anything Streeter has done. Here is the breakdown.

Gerell Robinson 6-4 222 with a breakout season in 2011 of 77rec for 1397yds and a 18.1 ave plus 7 tds

Tommy Streeter 6-5 215 with a breakout season in 2011 of 46rec for 811yds and a 17.6 ave plus 8 tds

I'm not saying either is going to be a good or bad player, and as I said they both have that one year wonder tag, the best season before this one between them came form Robinson last year when he produced a whopping 387 yards. Can someone please tell me why Streeter is a better option, because I just don't get it.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/380388/gerell-robinson

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/382158/tommy-streeter
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Feb 2, 2012 at 7:18 PM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Thanks OTC.

What is your opinion of and how good is Joe "The Jet" Adams and ddoes he slip into the 4th?

I don't expect so. He's like a stronger DeSean Jackson. I think Adams could sneak into the 2nd.

Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I'm surprised Gerell Robinson isn't on that list. He only caught two balls, but I thought he flashed some ability. I was also wondering why Gerell hasn't gotten more play in the zone, while Tommy Streeter has? To me they are about the same player. They are both about the same size 6-4 220ish and one year wonders. Gerell has even out produced anything Streeter has done. Here is the breakdown.

Gerell Robinson 6-4 222 with a breakout season in 2011 of 77rec for 1397yds and a 18.1 ave plus 7 tds

Tommy Streeter 6-5 215 with a breakout season in 2011 of 46rec for 811yds and a 17.6 ave plus 8 tds

I'm not saying either is going to be a good or bad player, and as I said they both have that one year wonder tag, the best season before this one between them came form Robinson last year when he produced a whopping 387 yards. Can someone please tell me why Streeter is a better option, because I just don't get it.

Gerrell didn't move much in the Senior Bowl, but he showed he's good potential big slot guy. The knock on him was that he's a little stiff. He's still got about a 5th round grade.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Casey Hayward didn't really have a good or bad showing. His aggressiveness during the Senior Bowl was a pro and con. I still see him being a 2nd round prospect.

I'm disappointed that Dwight Jones didn't separate himself from the rest of the group. I kinda knew Jeff Fuller was gonna fall though.

Not only did Dwight Jones not separate himself, he took a few steps backwards. His inability to separate from coverage was crushing. He'll still get some interest due to his size but I see him as a 4th rounder at best now.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
OTC - How did you come to the conclusion on Steed actually helping his stock? I knew he was basically sitting squarely with a 4th round grade when the week started and read that he either did nothing to help his stock or actually hurt it as some sites said. If we re-signed Rogers and ended up drafting a mid to late CB I would hope for Steed or Pellerin but a forget it if he is in the 3rd. Too much for the guy at that point.

OTC - How did you come to the conclusion on Steed actually helping his stock? I knew he was basically sitting squarely with a 4th round grade when the week started and read that he either did nothing to help his stock or actually hurt it as some sites said. If we re-signed Rogers and ended up drafting a mid to late CB I would hope for Steed or Pellerin but a forget it if he is in the 3rd. Too much for the guy at that point.

According to Brugler of NFLDraftScout:

Quote:
Small school cornerback Ryan Steed out of Furman has shown he belongs here this week, competing at a high level in every drill. His inexperience will show at times as he still needs to develop his instincts and read/react ability, but he has shown the smooth athleticism to play the position in the NFL. Steed looked natural in his transition, turning and running with receivers downfield with smooth flexibility. He needs some work before he's ready to cover pro receivers, but he has looked promising this week.
So you're seeing Criner in the 2nd now? Has your opinion changed, or do you simply think he'll run faster at the combine than you anticipated?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
So you're seeing Criner in the 2nd now? Has your opinion changed, or do you simply think he'll run faster at the combine than you anticipated?

Thats what all the talking head chatter is right now. Everybody said he greatly improved his stock during the senior bowl even though his great play during the game was affected by his already existing chemistry with Foles.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Thats what all the talking head chatter is right now. Everybody said he greatly improved his stock during the senior bowl even though his great play during the game was affected by his already existing chemistry with Foles.

While players like Fuller and Jones struggled either with drops or separation, Criner did at worst a decent job of both. His rise has more to do with the practice week than the game. He did little in the game until Foles came in. But the practices showed he has some ability to possibly be a Boldin-type of receiver if he develops fully and gets in the right system.

The only thing that will make him fall at this point is a terrible 40 and/or his medical not checking out (apparently had neurological issue within the last year). In the Senior Bowl thread I admitted I was wrong on the assumption that he couldn't go in the 2nd, especially after reading the alleged character concerns have been dispelled by scouts during the week as completely non-existent. Now I see it as a lot more possible.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

Robinson doesnt seem to have speed compare to Streeter.
Share 49ersWebzone