LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Aldon Smith vs. Blaine Gabbert argument 1 year later.

Ha Jags..... Thank God we didn't pick him. He sucks.

Aldon Smith 14 sacks and without a doubt one of the best young defensive players in the league. It's hard to doubt Harbuagh and Baalke after that one. A lot of us did. We weren't sure. But how does that pick look now? Passing on Gabbert was brilliant and picking Aldon Smith was even better.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 8, 2012 at 2:33 AM ]
Haha as much as I didnt want to draft Blaine Gabbert then and still wouldnt want him now if we got him for free...it's very very early to judge him. Jacksonville has the worst WR's in the NFL (similar to what Alex had for years when he first started).

Having said that...I dont get why people here wanted him so bad...dude threw 16 TD's his last year in college...that's god awful.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Haha as much as I didnt want to draft Blaine Gabbert then and still wouldnt want him now if we got him for free...it's very very early to judge him. Jacksonville has the worst WR's in the NFL (similar to what Alex had for years when he first started).

Having said that...I dont get why people here wanted him so bad...dude threw 16 TD's his last year in college...that's god awful.

Yeah he wasn't that good. Overhyped. But yes I agree it's too early to judge him. His WR's are terrible. Reminds me of Alex's first year.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yeah he wasn't that good. Overhyped. But yes I agree it's too early to judge him. His WR's are terrible. Reminds me of Alex's first year.

I just don't like the way he doesn't try to step up into pressure and take a hit to make the throw. So glad we took Aldon Smith!

I just don't like the way he doesn't try to step up into pressure and take a hit to make the throw. So glad we took Aldon Smith!
Originally posted by tohara3:

Aldon was the best pick and one of the best in the draft.

Except for JJ Watt and Nick Reed. Aldon has nothing on them. Miller has HOF potential and Aldon just 1 maybe 2 probowls in him, maybe.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

Except for JJ Watt and Nick Reed. Aldon has nothing on them. Miller has HOF potential and Aldon just 1 maybe 2 probowls in him, maybe.

I like JJ Watt a lot. I always did. He's a good player.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
lolwut?
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

you gotta be kidding me. Miller when healthy was in majority of the downs. Aldon switched in and out ALOT. If he was in there as much as Miller Aldon probably would be in his twentys with sacks.

how many times was Miller benched this year?

oh and f**k JJ Watt
jrg was on Gabberts dick

Telling us how great this dude's gonna be

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Jan 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM ]
Agreed. I don't know how so many people and the media came up with the idea that Gabbert was a top pick in the first place? He wasn't very good in college. If you can't even be good in college, what are the odds that you can be good in the pro? I don't even want him as a free agent, forget about a 1st round pick.
i dont think any1 ere actually wanted gabbert

the arguement mre was

quinn vs peterson vs akumura

we knew green wuldnt fall

also no1 expected us to take aldon smith
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
jrg was on Gabberts dick

Telling us how great this dude's gonna be

LMFAO. ROFL. I never understood why jrg was soo in love with Gabbert. Every post jrg made about Gabbert, I just shakes my head and just want to
Share 49ersWebzone