There are 277 users in the forums

Kendall Wright bandwagon

Originally posted by kronik:
I agree %100. He's #1 on my shortlist of guys I'm praying we dont draft in the 1st round:

Short
Short arms
Slow
Fat and doesnt have to work ethic to get body fat below %18
Played mostly against 'non-blue chip' competition
Weak - could only do 4 bench presses
Can't runblock

etc.

etc.

etc.

He tested his body fat with the Jets last week and it was at 8.4%.

The way he plays reminds me of Santana Moss.
Mayock is full of s**t.

No way Baalke drafts a short slow receiver. We need big fast ones. This isn't news.

We are taking an o-lineman in the first so it don't matter.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Mayock is full of s**t.

No way Baalke drafts a short slow receiver. We need big fast ones. This isn't news.

We are taking an o-lineman in the first so it don't matter.

In all honesty, I don't think Wright would even be on Baalke's draft board. Baalke loves size, and if a guy isn't big he better be fast. Ideally he wants a combination of Size/Speed/Production. A perfect example would be Chris Culliver. He had excellent size & speed, and even though people said he was raw, he was a 3-year starter with plenty of experience.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
In all honesty, I don't think Wright would even be on Baalke's draft board. Baalke loves size, and if a guy isn't big he better be fast. Ideally he wants a combination of Size/Speed/Production. A perfect example would be Chris Culliver. He had excellent size & speed, and even though people said he was raw, he was a 3-year starter with plenty of experience.

Huh? Culliver is 6'0, 2 inches taller than Wright, and about average when it comes to cbs. He had one of the better 40s, but also produced in college.

Yet he also went for Kendall Hunter. Who was "too short" to a lot of people, and also ran a mediocre combine but showed elite speed on tape. Wright can get separation and has tons of tape showing his playmaking ability. So is he fast or not? I guess it depends on what his job is going to be, are we going to have him running track in the Olympics or are we going to have him running routes?

BAALKE WATCHES TAPE GUYS. He is not just a stopwatch scout...
[ Edited by mike on Apr 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM ]
Originally posted by mike:
Huh? Culliver is 6'0, 2 inches taller than Wright.

Yet he also went for Kendall Hunter. Who also ran a mediocre combine but showed elite speed on tape. Wright can get separation and has tons of tape showing his playmaking ability. So is he fast or not? I guess it depends on what his job is going to be, are we going to have him running track in the Olympics or are we going to have him running routes?

BAALKE WATCHES TAPE GUYS. He is not just a stopwatch scout...

This lol. I love how everyone gets Al Davis syndrome after combines. Wright is a burner on the field and a helluva receiver
With the 30th pick in the NFL draft, the 49ers select Peter Warrick, Wide Receiver, Florida State
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
With the 30th pick in the NFL draft, the 49ers select Peter Warrick, Wide Receiver, Florida State

Originally posted by ImaMod:

lulz, NO!!!!!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by ImaMod:

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
lulz, NO!!!!!

What's the f**king difference? Same size, speed, strength, etc.

Both got popped like little b***hes on the line in the NFL and couldn't get wide open in the NFL.
I found a highlight reel that really show his nimbleness and elusiveness of a guy his size:

They really aren't similar players at all. Warrick was one of the most elusive WRs in college football, and a dangerous return man. Warrick wasn't very successful in the NFL, but a lot of that is due to the fact that he had Akili Smith and Gus Frerotte as his QBs, and suffered a knee injury early in his career.

Kendall Wright is more of a deep threat in the mold of a Steve Smith or Santana Moss. Small guys who can stretch the field.
I found a highlight reel that really show his nimbleness and elusiveness of a guy his size:

Oops. I got confused...
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
lulz, NO!!!!!

What's the f**king difference? Same size, speed, strength, etc.

Both got popped like little b***hes on the line in the NFL and couldn't get wide open in the NFL.

Oh has Kendall wright taken a snap in the nfl yet? Tell us more please
Share 49ersWebzone