LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Kendall Wright bandwagon

I realize that we're in no position to draft any of the "elite" receivers in Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd, or Alshon Jeffery (possibility), so why not shoot for a receiver with the potential to become the next Mike Wallace, Steve Smith, or even Antonio Brown who I think we would benefit more off of anyways. He would be a solid #2 receiver to pair up with Crabtree, but seems best suited for the slot. We've seen glimpses of what we could do when Alex throws the long ball, but we've failed on plenty due to the lack of speed or awareness by Ted Ginn. Wright looks to be the receiver Ginn was brought in to be years ago, a wide receiver with blazing speed that could stretch the offense, also with the ability to run slants through the middle of the field.

He's currently projected as a late first/early second round pick

KENDALL WRIGHT (Senior WR)

Baylor University
Height: 5'10
Weight: 196 lbs
40 time: 4.61 (lolwut)
Scouting Report

**Yes these are just highlight videos so please refrain from going Mel Kiper Jr. on me**
[ Edited by YungAce on Feb 26, 2012 at 7:56 PM ]
What do you draft gurus think about him?
I'll sign up, has Steve Smith (Carolina) potential, I love his game
Im no draft guru but he looks pretty good for a late first round pick.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Im no draft guru but he looks pretty good for a late first round pick.

Yeah late first/early second is where he's currently projected to get draft. I wouldn't mind him in the first either. I just want him on the 9ers by any means
Been on for a while.
Been on the bandwagon for awhile. I'd be gushing if we were able to draft him.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I'll sign up, has Steve Smith (Carolina) potential, I love his game

damn V, i thought you were the driver of the Kendall Wright bandwagon already. I already knew you were a fan.

But yeah, I agree. I'm on the bandwagon. I hope we look to add a WR early and maybe even one later in the draft.
He's the #1 on my mock right now. We need the explosivenss on offense. The other interesting guy is Sanu from Rutgers. I know his 40 time isn't that fast but he's supposed to be pretty explosive.
His bandwagon is starting to fill up. It doesn't hurt that his QB just won the Heisman trophy and he was one of the biggest reasons for the QB's success. His stock will rise even higher probably after a few off season workouts. The only potential drawback is his size.

I would love to have one of the top 3 wr's in this draft, maybe one will slip, you never can know for sure.

I like this guy too and would not be upset if we took him in the 1st.

Have a feeling though, that if the top 3 are gone, we go either cb or pass rusher if they are higher on our board, then go wr in the 2nd.
Wes Bunting: Working through updated WR rankings...Baylor's Kendall Wright could be a top 25 draft pick with a big post-season, not much speed in WR class.
[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 16, 2011 at 9:12 AM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
Wes Bunting: Working through updated WR rankings...Baylor's Kendall Wright could be a top 25 draft pick with a big post-season, not much speed in WR class.

Speed kills and this kid could run a sub 4.4 40 yd dash. Good things the Raiders don't have a pick till the 5th round .
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by PTulini:

Speed kills and this kid could run a sub 4.4 40 yd dash. Good things the Raiders don't have a pick till the 5th round .
is that true?
We already have a bunch of tiny WRs give me a big body WR
Share 49ersWebzone