LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Kendall Wright bandwagon

Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
How is he a diva? Seriously people's character assassination on this dude is bizarre. I haven't seen anything to indicate he's a diva at all, his arms are actually pretty long, and he ran a 4.4 at his pro day plus looked good coming in and out of his breaks according to people who were there. He was one of the most productive WR in the draft, He's a good player.

Never said he wasn't a good player. But you can see the attitude of a player on the field with celebrations and chatter on the sidelines. We've got enough of them with Crabs and Vernon. Attitude goes along way. Just ask Braylon Edwards why he hasn't been signed yet.

Braylon Edwards hasn't been signed yet because he's still rehabbing his knee after surgery dude.

btw Damn near every WR celebrates after plays. Not to mention he was a college kid. If your justification for thinking he's a diva is he celebrates scoring, I guess you'd prefer we took back Taylor Jacobs and Brian Gilmore since they never celebrated scoring touchdowns!
Originally posted by NinerG94:
So sick of the NFL hype machine and all the combine bandwagoners I could . Kendall Wright is now overrated because he ran a 4.6 and put up 4 reps on the bench press? All his college production just thrown out the window? Stephen Hill was horrible in college and he runs a 4.3 and now he's a first rounder? WTF?

What is going on? Tannehill in the top ten? Silatolu in the top 20? Doesn't anybody learn from the Gabberts, Crabtrees, and Rachals of the football world?

Wow. First off, I like Kendall Wright. I'm not making a huge deal out of his bench reps or his combine 40. The guy competes and when I watch him play, I see a little bit of Steve Smith in him. But to say Hill was "horrible" is a bit ignorant. He did the best he could in a triple option offense averaging almost 30 yards a catch. It's his upside that people are in love with. Coming from a college that has produced big, physical receivers like CJ and DT, if you have a coaching staff like ours, we can really hit a boom with Hill. Prior to the combine, his stock ranged from mid-2nd to a 3rd. Being a late 1st rounder isn't that much of a reach.
One of my Texas friends from Baylor watches every game, and I asked him about RGIII. Interestingly enough he thinks that a lot of times RGIII looked so good because he was throwing to Wright, and that Wright made a lot of amazing catches. Something to think about...
Originally posted by phillychi:
One of my Texas friends from Baylor watches every game, and I asked him about RGIII. Interestingly enough he thinks that a lot of times RGIII looked so good because he was throwing to Wright, and that Wright made a lot of amazing catches. Something to think about...

ya RG3 throws a lot of passes a little ahead or too behind wright a lot he has great awarness and body control
Personally, I think Wright is too small. 5-10, 196 - No thanks. I think he's more of a slot guy, and we have one of those in Kyle Williams.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Personally, I think Wright is too small. 5-10, 196 - No thanks. I think he's more of a slot guy, and we have one of those in Kyle Williams.

Yes, because Kyle Williams is a proven commodity who we can rely on and really stepped up last season when called on to be a starter.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

small, slow and a fatass leads to a 3rd pick because he was productive but a lot of that probably has to with the offense and the lack of high level competition.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
is that true?

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Wes Bunting: Working through updated WR rankings...Baylor's Kendall Wright could be a top 25 draft pick with a big post-season, not much speed in WR class.

Speed kills and this kid could run a sub 4.4 40 yd dash. Good things the Raiders don't have a pick till the 5th round .
is that true?

I think he actually did run in 4.4's on his pro day. I guess it was not hyped because it was expected.
Dear baby Jesus,

Please have Kendall Wright fall within our 1st round range.

Originally posted by YungAce:
Dear baby Jesus,

Please have Kendall Wright fall within our 1st round range.

No thanks. I'll pass on Peter Warrick 2.0

Kendall Wright is short but so is desean jackson. tell me you wouldnt love to have desean jackson on your team. wright is a play maker and his game speed is very good, hands are awesome, routes are clean. i would be happy with him in a niner uni
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Kendall Wright is short but so is desean jackson. tell me you wouldnt love to have desean jackson on your team. wright is a play maker and his game speed is very good, hands are awesome, routes are clean. i would be happy with him in a niner uni

Tell me: What do Wright's 40-yard splits look like compared to DeSean Jackson's??
Originally posted by nickbradley:
No thanks. I'll pass on Peter Warrick 2.0

are you srs?
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Man we need this guy on our team! We should draft him!!!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Tell me: What do Wright's 40-yard splits look like compared to DeSean Jackson's??

I tried to come up with a stupid remark about doing the splits and 40-yards, but I failed.
Share 49ersWebzone