LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 208 users in the forums

Kendall Wright bandwagon

Originally posted by YungAce:
kyle williams is the only decent one but we haven't seen enough of him. we lack a speedy WR with big play potential. ted ginn is not a receiver, he's a track star

This, lol at passing up a potential star receiver for JJ Stokes.
any chance this guy would be available at #30?

he's only 5'10" but has speed, if we take him then we better get a WR through FA who's at least 6'3

edit: nvm stupid question, he won't fall to #30...but we could trade up if Floyd goes second after Blackmon
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jan 26, 2012 at 1:44 AM ]
^Who knows anymore. We'll see how far his hype will push him after the combine. Some posted an Adam Schefter tweet yesterday where he predicts that we'll resign Alex, Goldson, and Rogers to multi-year deals, target Marques Colston in free agency, and trade up to draft Kendall Wright.

That's my kind of offseason!
[ Edited by YungAce on Jan 26, 2012 at 1:56 AM ]
^Who knows anymore. We'll see how far his hype will push him after the combine. Some posted an Adam Schefter tweet yesterday where he predicts that we'll resign Alex, Goldson, and Rogers to multi-year deals, target Marques Colston in free agency, and trade up to draft Kendall Wright.

That would be an ideal offseason. I would like to upgrade RG as well this offseason, but I would be plenty happy adding two WR's like Colston and Wright in FA and the draft. I have a hard time seeing Colston actually leaving New Orleans, but you never know when money is involved.
i would love to have Wright, then we wouldnt need ginn. but i also think we need a big reciever, whether it be a late draft pick or FA.
I wouldnt mind taking him with the 30th pick ONLY IF we sign a red zone target in free agency i/e Bowe, Colston...someone to that liking.
Im now on the bandwagon, f**k Kyle Williams
Originally posted by niners9:
i would love to have Wright, then we wouldnt need ginn. but i also think we need a big reciever, whether it be a late draft pick or FA.

I've always thought it was easier to find a big redzone target later in the draft than a playmaker. I'm not just on the Wright bandwagon, I just want to draft/sign a couple of different skilled/sized receivers.

Hope Michael Floyd drops
  • dj43
Originally posted by niners9:

I've always thought it was easier to find a big redzone target later in the draft than a playmaker. I'm not just on the Wright bandwagon, I just want to draft/sign a couple of different skilled/sized receivers.

Hope Michael Floyd drops

Though I highly doubt Floyd drops to #30, I am with you on bringing in multiple receivers. IMO, the ideal situation is:

#1 - pick stud (Floyd)
#2 - Crabtree
#3 - speed guy or big guy, depending on what we get with the #1
#4 - Morgan
#5 - Williams. Yes, I still like him as a slot guy.

Ginn as ST only.
Originally posted by dj43:
Though I highly doubt Floyd drops to #30, I am with you on bringing in multiple receivers. IMO, the ideal situation is:

#1 - pick stud (Floyd)
#2 - Crabtree
#4 - Morgan

Ginn as ST only.

yea i agree with that, ginn should only see the field because of injury or for some gadget plays

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by dj43:

#1 - pick stud (Floyd)
#2 - Crabtree
#4 - Morgan

Ginn as ST only.

yea i agree with that, ginn should only see the field because of injury or for some gadget plays

it sucks wih his peed he isnt a deep threat

the best possible scenario would be get a bigger FA target in FA then get wright in draft

otherwise do the opposite get a bigg possesion guy in draf and get maybe eddie royal in FA
  • sfout
  • Veteran

holy jesus I would love this.

So RG3 was just on set talking with Mayock, Eisen, and Warner when he dropped a interesting piece of info.

Harbaugh used of his interviews to chat up his former Stanford recruit to as RG3 put it "maybe get some inside information on my boy Kendall Wright". Outside the box thinking right there, interview the QB of the your a WR to get more info.
What a fraud! He ran a 4.6 lmao

I still hope we draft him
What a fraud! He ran a 4.6 lmao

I still hope we draft him

he is the fastest WR in draft with pads on though that isnt debateable
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
he is the fastest WR in draft with pads on though that isnt debateable

dunno about that, but he definitely plays much faster in pads. Still, you'd think with all the pre combine training/workouts that happen, he'd be able to run in the 4.5s... :/
Share 49ersWebzone