LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Robert Griffin III Baylor QB

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I really like this guy the more I see of him. But why would we pick a running QB 2 years in a row? And how would he be available when we pick? I just think it's a moot point.

I'm pretty sure we wont be drafting a QB
I really like this guy the more I see of him. But why would we pick a running QB 2 years in a row? And how would he be available when we pick? I just think it's a moot point.

I doubt we take him (or would even have a chance at him), too. Even though he's my favorite QB prospect in the draft, I believe we will watch Griffin go to another team in need of a QB, possibly even in the NFC West, which could be scary. This draft is QB rich, and there are a number of teams in need -- whether immediate or future.

Teams that could/are likely to look QB in the draft include (with my guesses of possible landing spots):

Colts - Andrew Luck?
Chiefs - Landry Jones?
Dolphins - Robert Griffin?
Redskins - Kirk Cousins?
Cardinals - Ryan Tannehill?
Seahawks - Matt Barkley?
RG3 > Luck
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I doubt we take him (or would even have a chance at him), too. Even though he's my favorite QB prospect in the draft, I believe we will watch Griffin go to another team in need of a QB, possibly even in the NFC West, which could be scary. This draft is QB rich, and there are a number of teams in need -- whether immediate or future.

Teams that could/are likely to look QB in the draft include (with my guesses of possible landing spots):

Colts - Andrew Luck?
Chiefs - Landry Jones?
Dolphins - Robert Griffin?
Redskins - Kirk Cousins?
Cardinals - Ryan Tannehill?
Seahawks - Matt Barkley?

not to thread hijack, but am I the only one who believes Tannehill would be better off returning for his senior year? I mean with Luck, Jones, Barks, and others gone, he might be top QB prospect next season, and IMO he's not ready to succeed as a rookie right now
Originally posted by vrabbit:
not to thread hijack, but am I the only one who believes Tannehill would be better off returning for his senior year? I mean with Luck, Jones, Barks, and others gone, he might be top QB prospect next season, and IMO he's not ready to succeed as a rookie right now

I'd totally agree... if he wasn't a senior
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Nov 20, 2011 at 12:50 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
He sucks!!!

.........remind me to take Baylor next time!!!

You guys think the combine can boost his stock any higher than it already is?
Originally posted by YungAce:

It couldn't hurt. Dude participated in the US Olympic trials in '08 and outran former Olympians

Could put up an eye popping 40 time
Great game by him last night
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Originally posted by Jcool:
QB most NFL ready: Andrew Luck

Best QB prospect: Robert Griffin III

Why is he the best QB prospect? Because he runs the best ? I still believe that Andew Luck and Matt Barkley are the 2 top QB prospects in the draft.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Why is he the best QB prospect? Because he runs the best ? I still believe that Andew Luck and Matt Barkley are the 2 top QB prospects in the draft.

you're under-rating his passing abilities. he's pretty accurate with most of his passes including the deep ball. but after watching barkley's last 2 games, i don't blame you at all, he's been throwing it well.

wait, he's a senior? all along I thought he was a redshirt junior, damn
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

he has the higher ceiling because of his mobility/speed/quickness, he's every bit as good if not better than both Luck and Barkley in arm strength and accuracy, just hasn't performed in a pro system. His footwork definitely needs to be worked on.

He's also an established leader with a right head on his shoulders and very good work ethic, there's really not a whole lot to not like about this guy
Originally posted by YungAce:

It couldn't hurt. Dude participated in the US Olympic trials in '08 and outran former Olympians

Could put up an eye popping 40 time

I've honestly never really seen him play, and when I have, he's never taken off scrambling. Sounds like this guy is the real deal
Share 49ersWebzone