LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 179 users in the forums

Christian Ponder is a better pro prospect than Andrew Luck

Just watching that first deep pass attempt (miserable at best) at the senior bowl said enough for me.

Ponder = noodle arm reincarnated

Teams are gonna stack 8 or 9 in the box against the vikings, poor Adrian Peterson.

[ Edited by kronik on May 8, 2011 at 13:11:30 ]
Merril Hoge : "Hey guys look at me! hey! over here! look!" *jumps up and down flailing hands around* "WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME?!"
I don't see why people on here are getting upset. Who cares what anybody says about Andrew Luck. He's still in college, and if he isn't a 49er I could care less about him. Every seems to be licking his nuts like he's our future QB.
Originally posted by kronik:
Just watching that first deep pass attempt (miserable at best) at the senior bowl said enough for me.

Ponder = noodle arm reincarnated

Teams are gonna stack 8 or 9 in the box against the vikings, poor Adrian Peterson.

lol a tip of the hat however...

I have always thought Ponder will be good in the NFL. I really wanted him to fall to us! If he can avoid being injured, he will be the best QB in this draft I believe. I am rooting for that title to go to C.K. though bc he is a Niner!!!!!
You don't play the game or life on paper...for all we know he may turn out like Manning-good from the go. Like Jim Plunket started off promising then sucked wind before getting to the Raiders. Like Archie Manning sucking no matter how talented he is because of the team.

Point is they don't play on paper and we will have to wait and see.
Ponder will excel in Minnesota simply because of the offensive situation he's inheriting from Brett Favre/Childress.

If this guy went to any other team he'd flop fast.
Andrew Luck is a man amongst boys.
Originally posted by hateroids84:
I don't see why people on here are getting upset. Who cares what anybody says about Andrew Luck. He's still in college, and if he isn't a 49er I could care less about him. Every seems to be licking his nuts like he's our future QB.

The term is COULDN'T care less. Football fans care about every football player, not just 49ers. This isn't a superfan contest.
[ Edited by jojomellon on Jul 13, 2011 at 7:18 PM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

This.

Luck is a superior prospect compared to Ponder. Had Luck came out, he'd have gone #1.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

This.

Luck is a superior prospect compared to Ponder. Had Luck came out, he'd have been a TRUE #1.

Fixed!!!
Luck is the highest rated QB that Mel Kiper has rated. EVER.

I don't think so, Merril.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I wonder what Vikqueen fans think about this.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
stupidty. Luck is the most polished and ready QB for the NFL since the likes of Peyton Manning.

I like Ponder alot tho, I had him as a top 15 pick back in september when i did our 1st mock for DraftWatchers.
am wrong to think this was a locked thread
Share 49ersWebzone