LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 358 users in the forums

Christian Ponder is a better pro prospect than Andrew Luck

• FL9er
  • Veteran
I can't believe Merril Hoge said that.
stupidty. Luck is the most polished and ready QB for the NFL since the likes of Peyton Manning.

I like Ponder alot tho, I had him as a top 15 pick back in september when i did our 1st mock for DraftWatchers.
lol wut?
If Ponder didnt have an injury plagued college career then I think the argument could be made. He's the guy I was really hoping would slip to us in the 2nd. With the right coaching and surrounding talent he could be the best QB from this year.
But of course Im hoping Kaepernick gets even better coaching and talent and has a better career while leading us to 3 superbowl wins!
I saw the title of this thread and I spit my wine out.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Yeah I thought it was going to be the poster claiming this so I was getting ready to laugh at them.
Originally posted by FL9er:

Well he did have to stop playing football due to concussions so his head isn't right anyways. I'll give him a pass.
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Originally posted by FL9er:

Well he did have to stop playing football due to concussions so his head isn't right anyways. I'll give him a pass.

Originally posted by Digger:

Yeah I thought it was going to be the poster claiming this so I was getting ready to laugh at them.

In 1979 if someone said "Joe Montana is a better qb prospect than Jack Thompson", everyone wouldve laughed and made fun as well.

People love to think they know exactly who a player will be based on their draft grade. For all we know Kap ends up a pro bowler, and Luck ends up being a solid, but middle of the pack guy.
Originally posted by Niners99:

In 1979 if someone said "Joe Montana is a better qb prospect than Jack Thompson", everyone wouldve laughed and made fun as well.

People love to think they know exactly who a player will be based on their draft grade. For all we know Kap ends up a pro bowler, and Luck ends up being a solid, but middle of the pack guy.

Ahhh . . . the voice of reason.

Of course we don't know how well any of these guys will play as pros, but the key word here is prospect - and Andrew Luck is undeniably a better prospect than Christian Ponder. Had Luck come out he would have been drafted ahead of Ponder, 12 spots earlier to be exact as the Panthers even said they would take Luck.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

PROSPECT.
These guys get paid to say outrageous things.

I gave Casserley a lot of credit for drafting Mario Williams over Reggie Bush but then I heard him say he would give up a first round pick for Carson Palmer right now and I realized he must've just flipped a coin or something.

Hodge says dumb stuff all the time.
Share 49ersWebzone