There are 268 users in the forums

mchshay's early 2012 draft

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
next year im pretty sure were gonna pick up a #1 CB

we better, i want cbs and a nt for sure

same here

those should be our first 2 picks next year unless someone amazing falls
The only reason I look at a mock like this is to get an early idea of some of the players that could be part of the draft. Beyond that, anything is pure speculation. Hell, we haven't even had FA yet.

We throw big money at Nnamdi Asomugha like many on this board think/hope/pray we do, that could change things quick, fast, and in a hurry.
I wonder what would happen if the Carolina Panthers had the number one slot again in 2012... Surely you can't go QB early three years in a row...
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
so I won't post it all since it is a insider piece.

So, here goes.

Obviously Luck at 1 to BROWNS, and at 11 to SF he has CB Dre Kirkpatrick from Bama.

Also Matt Barkley at 3 to WASH among others.

Thats a bigger waste of time then building a farm for disabled horses.

Hey I want to see a picture to know for sure Luck is getting #1~~~!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
here is the full mock.

1. CLE- Andrew Luck- QB Stanford
2. CAR- Quinton Coples- DE/OLB UNC
3. WSH- Matt Barkley, QB USC
4. BUF- Matt Kalil- OT USC
5. DEN- Jerel Worthy, DT Michigan State
6. ARZ- Donte Paige-Moss, DE UNC
7. SEA- Alshon Jeffrey, WR South Carolina
8. TEN- Jayron Hosley, CB Virginia Tech
9. OAK- Jonathan Martin, OT Stanford
10. CIN- Janoris Jenkins, CB Florida
11. SF- Dre Kirkpatrick, CB Alabama
12. STL- Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
13. MIN- Marcus Forston, DT Miami Fla.
14. JAX- Luke Kuechly, LB Boston College
15. MIA- Landry Jones, QB Oklahoma
16. DET- Stephen Gilmore, CB South Carolina
17. KC- Manti Te'o, LB Notre Dame
18. TB- Zach Brown, LB UNC
19. CHI- Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma State
20. HOU- Ray-Ray Armstrong, S Miami Fla.
21. DAL- Cliff Harris, CB Oregon
22. SD- Vontaze Burfict, LB Arizona State
23. NYG- Keenan Robinson, LB Texas
24. PHI- Travis Lewis, OLB Oklahoma
25. NYJ- Brandon Jenkins, DE Florida State
26. CLE(f/ATL)- Mike Adams, OT Ohio State
27. BAL- Robert Lester, S Alabama
28. NE(f/NO)- Andre Branch, DE Clemson
29. IND- Jeff Fuller, WR Texas A&M
30. PIT- Kelechi Osemele, OL Iowa State
31. NE- Jared Crick, DT Nebraska
32. GB- Chase Minfield, CB Virginia

WTF Manti Te'o is only a Sophomore.

Nevermind hes a Junior THIS year. I doubt he declares though.

[ Edited by Kolohe on May 4, 2011 at 22:31:19 ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
In a move that was short of "out of character" for Michael Oher, the Ravens offensive tackle launched a Twitter attack on ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay about his criticism of players with character concerns.

“Ok [I'm] so tired of the Character issues they are puttiing on [people]!” Oher posted on his Twitter account Tuesday. “What Character issues?!? Somebody tell me? . . . I never got in trouble with the Law . . . yes sir no sir guy . . . But this Todd Mcshay guy acts if he knows [people] on a personal level get real!”

Oher later directed comments directly at McShay's Twitter account.

“What if someone was to talk about your son . . . and he had character issues!!," Oher tweeted. "Thats how my family felt. You need to meet [people] first and then judge them not go off what you hear!! . . . And I respect Mel Kiper way more then I respect you…[you're] a joke!!”

McShay has yet to respond to Oher.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/sports/sfl-blind-side-michael-oher-espn-mcshay-20110504,0,2960582.story
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
The Pats have so much ammo to trade up to #1 overall. I think they have 3 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders or maybe it's the other way around.

i think they have 2 first and second rounders
Originally posted by Kolohe:
here is the full mock.

The problem with Te'o is that he has to do some kind of Mormon pilgrimage or something that would take him out for a year. Could you imagine losing him the year after he signs
Damn, next year's draft looks really deep. Would be nice to fill in that CB spot or get a NT. If Alex flops again this year and we suck I might just pick someone like Barkley or Landry Jones to try to be our franchise QB rather than rolling the dice on Kaepernick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
here is the full mock.

The problem with Te'o is that he has to do some kind of Mormon pilgrimage or something that would take him out for a year. Could you imagine losing him the year after he signs

I don't know how that works, but hes never missed a season because of his religion yet, even since high school.

here is the full mock.

I don't know how that works, but hes never missed a season because of his religion yet, even since high school.

When Charlie brought him in he was asked about it and said he would be fine with him leaving for that year to do whatever it is.

Here is an article..

Quote:
Manti Te'o refrained from mincing words each time he met a college coach. Te'o, one of the nation's highest ranked linebacker prospects, told every coach who recruited him that, after his freshman season, he might leave the country for two years.

"I basically told them, 'This is me,'" said Te'o, from Laie, Hawaii. "I'm LDS. I'm thinking of serving a mission, and I want that to be available to me. If that's not in the cards for your university, I have to respect that, but I have to consider others."

Te'o is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints -- more commonly referred to as the Mormon church. When male members of the church turn 19, they are encouraged to embark on a two-year mission to proselytize in parts of the world that may not have been exposed to the 189-year-old faith. Te'o would like to serve that mission, even if it means leaving college for two years. A pronouncement like Te'o's might end most players' recruitments, but Rivals.com ranks Te'o as the nation's No. 12 overall prospect. Because Te'o has so much potential, almost every coach who recruited him consented to the mission.

The mission question is just one of a set of issues LDS players face when they look outside the small group of schools that are accustomed to signing Mormons. LDS players also must consider how their faith will mesh with the campus environment at either a secular school or one run by a different faith, and they must prepare for a backlash from some in the LDS community should they choose a school other than Brigham Young, the Provo, Utah, university run by the Mormon church. Te'o and Provo offensive lineman Xavier Su'a Filo (No. 63 by Rivals) each have faced these issues during the past few months, and each will weigh them carefully in the next few days as they decide which school they'll sign with on Wednesday.

Te'o will sign either with a state university (UCLA), a secular private university (USC) or the nation's most prominent Catholic university (Notre Dame). While starring at Punahou -- President Barack Obama's alma mater and SI's No. 1 high school athletic program in 2008 -- Te'o piqued dozens of schools' interests. He had 29 scholarship offers before he stopped counting them. His sideline-to-sideline speed and penchant for gut-rattling hits brought recruiters in droves, and, somewhat to Te'o's surprise, his request that he be allowed to go on a mission didn't drive them all away.

Te'o worried especially about USC, which had a reputation for discouraging players from going on missions. He had good reason. DeAnn Longshore, whose son, Nate, just finished his career as a quarterback at Cal, said that when her son was being recruited for the class of 2004, USC coaches told Nate, an LDS member, that they would offer a scholarship only if he promised he wouldn't leave for a mission. So, in a phone conversation about a year ago, Te'o asked Trojans coach Pete Carroll pointblank if his scholarship would be waiting for him when he returned from his mission. Te'o's father, Brian, said Carroll explained how his opinion of mission trips has changed in recent years. Brian Te'o said Carroll answered all questions when he said, "Once a Trojan, always a Trojan."

Su'a Filo, who narrowed his finalists last week to BYU, LSU, UCLA, USC and Utah, also met with less resistance than he anticipated when he brought up the mission. "The coaches have been really good at understanding," he said. Two of Su'a Filo's finalists, BYU and Utah, are accustomed to signing future missionaries. BYU encourages the mission trip for all its students, so the coaching staff is adept at juggling scholarships and the depth chart as players depart and return. Ditto for Utah, a state school only a few miles from LDS headquarters in Salt Lake City. Utes coach Kyle Whittingham is an LDS member and BYU alumnus so familiar with the Book of Mormon that he has a standby passage to fire up Utes fans ("And the Lord shall be red in his apparel"). "See," Whittingham told Yahoo! Sports last month. "It was right there in the Doctrine and Covenants the whole time."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/01/30/lds/#ixzz1LSRV1U6R
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Damn, next year's draft looks really deep. Would be nice to fill in that CB spot or get a NT. If Alex flops again this year and we suck I might just pick someone like Barkley or Landry Jones to try to be our franchise QB rather than rolling the dice on Kaepernick.

If the draft went like how this Mock says, and Smith flops and Kaepernick looks like he needs a lot more time to develop, then I'd hope we wouldn't pass on Landry Jones.

I really doubt Barkley, Luck and Jones all declare for the draft though. Either one would be considered a top 3 pick in the next years draft 2013. I just don't see three Jr.'s of their caliber coming out at the same time, has that ever happen??
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

If the draft went like how this Mock says, and Smith flops and Kaepernick looks like he needs a lot more time to develop, then I'd hope we wouldn't pass on Landry Jones.

I really doubt Barkley, Luck and Jones all declare for the draft though. Either one would be considered a top 3 pick in the next years draft 2013. I just don't see three Jr.'s of their caliber coming out at the same time, has that ever happen??

i agree jones is the third out of those three i see him being the #1 pick in 2013
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
here is the full mock.

When Charlie brought him in he was asked about it and said he would be fine with him leaving for that year to do whatever it is.

Here is an article..

Quote:
Manti Te'o refrained from mincing words each time he met a college coach. Te'o, one of the nation's highest ranked linebacker prospects, told every coach who recruited him that, after his freshman season, he might leave the country for two years.

"I basically told them, 'This is me,'" said Te'o, from Laie, Hawaii. "I'm LDS. I'm thinking of serving a mission, and I want that to be available to me. If that's not in the cards for your university, I have to respect that, but I have to consider others."

Te'o is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints -- more commonly referred to as the Mormon church. When male members of the church turn 19, they are encouraged to embark on a two-year mission to proselytize in parts of the world that may not have been exposed to the 189-year-old faith. Te'o would like to serve that mission, even if it means leaving college for two years. A pronouncement like Te'o's might end most players' recruitments, but Rivals.com ranks Te'o as the nation's No. 12 overall prospect. Because Te'o has so much potential, almost every coach who recruited him consented to the mission.

The mission question is just one of a set of issues LDS players face when they look outside the small group of schools that are accustomed to signing Mormons. LDS players also must consider how their faith will mesh with the campus environment at either a secular school or one run by a different faith, and they must prepare for a backlash from some in the LDS community should they choose a school other than Brigham Young, the Provo, Utah, university run by the Mormon church. Te'o and Provo offensive lineman Xavier Su'a Filo (No. 63 by Rivals) each have faced these issues during the past few months, and each will weigh them carefully in the next few days as they decide which school they'll sign with on Wednesday.

Te'o will sign either with a state university (UCLA), a secular private university (USC) or the nation's most prominent Catholic university (Notre Dame). While starring at Punahou -- President Barack Obama's alma mater and SI's No. 1 high school athletic program in 2008 -- Te'o piqued dozens of schools' interests. He had 29 scholarship offers before he stopped counting them. His sideline-to-sideline speed and penchant for gut-rattling hits brought recruiters in droves, and, somewhat to Te'o's surprise, his request that he be allowed to go on a mission didn't drive them all away.

Te'o worried especially about USC, which had a reputation for discouraging players from going on missions. He had good reason. DeAnn Longshore, whose son, Nate, just finished his career as a quarterback at Cal, said that when her son was being recruited for the class of 2004, USC coaches told Nate, an LDS member, that they would offer a scholarship only if he promised he wouldn't leave for a mission. So, in a phone conversation about a year ago, Te'o asked Trojans coach Pete Carroll pointblank if his scholarship would be waiting for him when he returned from his mission. Te'o's father, Brian, said Carroll explained how his opinion of mission trips has changed in recent years. Brian Te'o said Carroll answered all questions when he said, "Once a Trojan, always a Trojan."

Su'a Filo, who narrowed his finalists last week to BYU, LSU, UCLA, USC and Utah, also met with less resistance than he anticipated when he brought up the mission. "The coaches have been really good at understanding," he said. Two of Su'a Filo's finalists, BYU and Utah, are accustomed to signing future missionaries. BYU encourages the mission trip for all its students, so the coaching staff is adept at juggling scholarships and the depth chart as players depart and return. Ditto for Utah, a state school only a few miles from LDS headquarters in Salt Lake City. Utes coach Kyle Whittingham is an LDS member and BYU alumnus so familiar with the Book of Mormon that he has a standby passage to fire up Utes fans ("And the Lord shall be red in his apparel"). "See," Whittingham told Yahoo! Sports last month. "It was right there in the Doctrine and Covenants the whole time."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/01/30/lds/#ixzz1LSRV1U6R

I may be taking a little bit out of context, but he would be encouraged to do so. If he was to declare for the draft, no way he goes on that two year mission.
here is the full mock.

Here is an article..

Quote:

I may be taking a little bit out of context, but he would be encouraged to do so. If he was to declare for the draft, no way he goes on that two year mission.

Glen Coffee did

Never know I'm sure he would be asked about it, if he said he might I could see a lot of people staying away.
Share 49ersWebzone