There are 123 users in the forums

very disappointing draft...

Originally posted by WINiner:
I love this draft.

Originally posted by ninerbacker:
Personally this draft has been lousy. These picks don't make any sense. Aldon Smith with the 7 pick really? I would have kept our 2nd rounder and drafted a db. We could have had Stanzi in the 3rd. Rememebr Trent Baalke has been in town since our falling over the last 8 years. I hope I'm wrong, and Smith gets 10 sacks, Kapernick gives us a boast for the option, and Culliver gives or DB's a boast.

My favorite picks were Hunter and Johnson. These guys will pay dividends and not make our offesne look so blah. My draft grade would have to be a D+. Please prove me wrong.

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

A DB with problems in coverage at the collage level, so he was moved to safety...
really? you should check your infos again...like i know, he was a WR in his first days and was moved to FS. in 2010 he played about 7 games at CB.
wow...i'm shocked. there are guys out there who want starters out of the draft...that's a dream.
going into the draft for getting starters is simply not realistic.

The scouting report said he had problems dealing with Wr at the line of scrimmage, so he was moved to safety. We took a safety not a corner, we need both but I feel we had more need at corner, I don't like the pick, my prerogative.
thats a lie where you read that because he went from safety to corner. not the other way around.
That report was to secret "eye only" stuff oo7 xxx kinda stuff, but don't tell any one I told you, if you click on his name on the webzone front page... it's a hyperlink to the inside info! SHHHH!

"Struggled at cornerback last season, reacting slowly to receivers' moves off the line and struggling to stay downfield with them. Does not always play to his timed speed. Not a strong or sturdy defensive back. Struggles getting off blocks to make plays.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2011/players/73411.html#ixzz1L3HAoc9P
Absolutely love this draft.

Up and down its filled with blue-collar/lunchpail type guys, hard-workers, extremely competitive, very coachable, dedicated, good character guys. Now its up to our new coaching staff to help these guys be all that they can be. All of them are high-ceiling guys with lots of potential to develop.

This draft is either going to be the dawn of a new 49ers dynasty or lead to the ruin of the Harbaugh regime. I'm thinking more likely the former and not the latter.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Likely one of the best drafts we've ever had.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Ever? lol
Originally posted by GMniner805:
We haven't selected a single player off the list i was hoping for

Rodgers & Marecic would have been a hell of a back field

dont worry. its not too late to switch teams during the lockout. I would if i were you. Detroits a good bandwagon team to follow. they drafted well. heres a flush to the ramblers and bit#$@#@hes and whiners on this board. I salute you.
coaches had way more time to study films and scout players since we had nothing else going on

maybe that allowed them to go after some lesser [read:unknown] players this year
liked the draft. We have a few raw pieces that Harbaugh believes he can shape into good football players. We also addressed most of our needs.

I'll call it a disappointing draft in 3 years. All I will say now is that it was different and not expected. Then again...what we have been doing hasn't worked so different can be good.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Aldon Smith and Kap have to develop in order this draft to be successful, the rest of it is just icing on the cake.

If they dont develop this draft will be a failure because the rest of those dudes are role players at best.
Originally posted by okdkid:

ok- kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure, right, huh, huh, ok, We gotcha. Bring it on. Cudos. the zone needs more of it.
Originally posted by drake49er:
I'll call it a disappointing draft in 3 years. All I will say now is that it was different and not expected. Then again...what we have been doing hasn't worked so different can be good.

They went for raw prospects with high potential vs known commodities with limited ceilings. Had Aldon Smith gone back to school and had another season like his freshman year, he'd be a Top 5 pick next season. Hell if he had just been healthy THIS year he'd have been a Top 5 pick. Very happy with that and most of the other guys are similar.

A. Need to be coached up
B. Hard-working
C. Competitive
D. Good character
E. Had injuries or some other flaws that dropped them in consideration by other teams.
F. Intelligent, willing to be coached
H. Very athletic, explosive......etc
You know what. This draft has potential through the roof. With alot of coaching, which I believe Baalke/Harbaugh, are confident these guys will get. I think this could be a draft of alot of wows. I like the draft a lot. Still hope Bruce Miller becomes the Pro-version of Owen Marecic and plays both way. Other then that. Good Job to Trent/Jim. Prove us right for trusting you. Coach these guys up!
Share 49ersWebzone