There are 215 users in the forums

very disappointing draft...

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Draft a 5-7 running back? wow.....

He's actually one of the best RB's in the draft, he's a perfect change of pace for Gore. With your previous posts, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, and are just trolling.

Because of remarks like yours..I'm through with this stupid Zone..go keep your insults to yourself. I'm outta here....Jerks

Darren Spoles and Brian Westbrook say hi.

He's actually one of the best RB's in the draft, he's a perfect change of pace for Gore. With your previous posts, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, and are just trolling.

Because of remarks like yours..I'm through with this stupid Zone..go keep your insults to yourself. I'm outta here....Jerks

Comon guys. This pick could be the steal of the draft. Second round talent that is a perfect fit for the niners. Hunter is extremely shifty and can flat out make people whiff with ease. He is the perfect change of pace back.
Originally posted by walker807:
Comon guys. This pick could be the steal of the draft. Second round talent that is a perfect fit for the niners. Hunter is extremely shifty and can flat out make people whiff with ease. He is the perfect change of pace back.

It's rookie pro-bowl or bust on the zone during the draft.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
I agree that this has been very disapointing so far...........Aldon Smith...WHO? Kaepernick......ok, I guess we saw a QB coming sooner or later, but this guy over Dalton? And then Culliver........WHO?

So we have 2 WHOs and 1 poor mans Tebow. Great.....

All that being said, of course we wont know how good/bad these picks are till much later. Smith COULD finally be the pass rusher this teams needs so badly. Kaepernick COULD be the franchise QB this team has needed so badly. Culliver COULD actually still be on the roster in 2 years! just playing. Maybe Culliver turns into the next Merton Hanks!

Then again, this could just be a repeat of the Balmer/Rachal draft

Obviously, you are correct... Since YOU haven't heard of them they must not be worthwhile draft picks...
  • City
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by walker807:

It's rookie pro-bowl or bust on the zone during the draft.

This 5'7 back...all he did was rush for 1600 yards 2008 and 2010, 2009 he was hurt all year, in 2010 his lost only two games he had 4 td and and over 200 yds his 1st game in 2010 this guy dropped due to 10 fumbles in 800 attempts, we can fix that...This guy will be exciting, I hear all you talk about how boring 49ers O performs get ready for some excitement...JH a good coach just watch.
Very, very disappointing post!
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by cozz4:
aldon smith at #7 was a major reach...if hes the guy you want, they should have traded back a few spots and then taken him there...and chris culliver in round 3??? the guy got a 6th round grade!!! very disappointing

This is a disappointing draft because it's not following my

Draft Guide!!!!

Hey, since you bought one of those...how far off were all the predictions? was it even close?

We won't know how good Baalke is as a GM until 3-4 years from now.

You can judge McCloughan by is body of work and the time that has elapsed since he had influence in making picks. Players like Brandon Williams, Balmer, Glenn Coffee, Chilo Rachal, Jason Hill, and others have largely been useless and are all off (or on the way off) of the team.

Baalke has been looking at players based off of potential (Mays, Smith, Davis, Culliver, etc.), which is exactly what the elite teams like the Steelers have had to do with players such as Mike Wallace, coaching up natural talent.

The problem is that in recent history we have not been able to develop any players, and all of our successes can largely been attributed to the fact that our players were good before they got here (Frank Gore, Joe Staley, Patrick Willis, etc.).

I have absolutely no faith in a coaching staff that is largely a question mark as to being able to coach up our rookies from last year and this year. Indeed, I would have been far happy to get pro-ready rookies who have a great record of production and seem to have little bust potential. Baalke is hoping that our coaches will translate raw ability into good football, and a decade of futility inspires little hope concerning any coaching staff, although I am willing to give a pass on Harbaugh with QBs.

I guess all we can do is wait and see. To be honest, however (San Diego probably would agree), getting Harbaugh will probably overcome any deficiencies Baalke has as a GM because even with McNolan we could have won games and made the playoffs, had we had a good QB who played consistently well.

I am more concerned with how Harbaugh works with Alex and Kaepernick than with how our draft picks turn out.
How about we just trust our coach. Our coach that just came from the college level and has seen majority of these guys on a regular basis. He probably did recruiting on these guys when they cam from high school. Just saying he probably knows more. Definitely not a reach if he was getting selected 3 picks later. Ponder was a reach.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I'm not saying good draft or bad draft...

But it's not bad if YOU didn't know much about the players selected.

Exactly.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

A DB with problems in coverage at the collage level, so he was moved to safety...
really? you should check your infos again...like i know, he was a WR in his first days and was moved to FS. in 2010 he played about 7 games at CB.
wow...i'm shocked. there are guys out there who want starters out of the draft...that's a dream.
going into the draft for getting starters is simply not realistic.

The scouting report said he had problems dealing with Wr at the line of scrimmage, so he was moved to safety. We took a safety not a corner, we need both but I feel we had more need at corner, I don't like the pick, my prerogative.
Its funny how we KNOW how we will be haunted by this Aldon Smith pick for years to come. I want to know where are all the people that were singing the praises of Gholston a few years back. This type of thing happens every year.

Also the idea that this pick will haunt us is nonsense. Robert Quinn is going to a team with a HC that is known for creating pressure and a fierce pass rush. I would expect that any pass rusher St. Louis drafts in the first round will be formiddable because of the team and the HC. It's going to be interesting to see how these defenses shape up in St. Louis and San Fran over the next few seasons.

I also think that we need to create an official draft dictionary for webzone with examples. Aldon Smith was not a real reach. To say that he wasn't a top 10 pick when in all likelihood he would've been drafted 11th is more nonsense. To say he wasn't a top 10 pick based off of what OTHER PEOPLE thought we should've drafted is more nonsense. Our need for a strong pass rusher > our need for a CB and based on the available QBs, it didn't make much sense to take one in the 1st round.
Share 49ersWebzone