LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Say NO to a 1st Round QB!!! WE need STARTERS!!

• boast
  • Hella Fame
i'd rather have AS than Blaine
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Have a feel Gabbert will be the pick. PP and Miller will be gone.

Gabbert in going to Cincy at 4 IMO.
I really feel that some of the posts in this forum are living in the same reality as Donald Trump. Right now we don't have a single quarterback on our roster that will actually play for us this season. Alex Smith is not definitely coming back. David Carr will be cut. There are more teams in need of a quarterback than I have ever seen. So the price of free agents and trades will be driven up by the current demand. If Blain Gabbert is there and Harbaugh likes him we need to take him. BOTTOM LINE! Our biggest need is quarterback. That has been our biggest need for years. We are in a position to potentially land a franchise quarterback. If he's there it will be absurd to pass him up. AGAIN WE HAVE ZERO QUARTERBACKS! I would call that a position of need.

The next argument has been that Blain Gabbert equals Alex Smith. No he doesn't. He equals Blain Gabbert. I heard the same retarted argument when Aaron Rodgers came out. People said Aaron Rodgers equals Kyle Boller because of the Tedford connection. They are completely different people with completely different thought processes and work ethics. Coming from a spread or being a mobile quarterback doesn't change that.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I think his mouse got stuck lol
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Vonjohnson80:
The next argument has been that Blain Gabbert equals Alex Smith. No he doesn't. He equals Blain Gabbert. I heard the same retarted argument when Aaron Rodgers came out. People said Aaron Rodgers equals Kyle Boller because of the Tedford connection. They are completely different people with completely different thought processes and work ethics. Coming from a spread or being a mobile quarterback doesn't change that.

I really feel that some of the posts in this forum are living in the same reality as Donald Trump. Right now we don't have a single quarterback on our roster that will actually play for us this season. Alex Smith is not definitely coming back. David Carr will be cut. There are more teams in need of a quarterback than I have ever seen. So the price of free agents and trades will be driven up by the current demand. If Blain Gabbert is there and Harbaugh likes him we need to take him. BOTTOM LINE! Our biggest need is quarterback. That has been our biggest need for years. We are in a position to potentially land a franchise quarterback. If he's there it will be absurd to pass him up. AGAIN WE HAVE ZERO QUARTERBACKS! I would call that a position of need.

You gotta Draft BPA in the top 10 IMO. If our board reads Gabbert is BPA then we have to pull the trigger and we will. But I dont think Harbaugh has a top 7 grade on Gabbert.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jwalk:

You gotta Draft BPA in the top 10 IMO. If our board reads Gabbert is BPA then we have to pull the trigger and we will. But I dont think Harbaugh has a top 7 grade on Gabbert.

There is an exception the the best player available theory, which is if you don't have a franchise QB then you don't pass on one whom you deem to be just that. So if Gabbert is perceived as franchise QB material he may trump the BPA on the board.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

There is an exception the the best player available theory, which is if you don't have a franchise QB then you don't pass on one whom you deem to be just that. So if Gabbert is perceived as franchise QB material he may trump the BPA on the board.

I agree 100% But if he doesnt have a 10 to grade he likely isnt a franchise qb?
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I am so afraid of getting another overrated bust like Smith. I'm also against a 1st rd QB unless we trade back and get someone like Locker and pick up pics in the process.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

I agree 100% But if he doesnt have a 10 to grade he likely isnt a franchise qb?

Freeman and Flacco did not have top 10 grades but they were viewed as franchise QB's. They just went in the mid teens due to them being much more raw. Gabbert fits in the same location IMHO 10-20 however QB's are inflated this year due to grey area circumstances with the league itself.

I agree.

We need qbs' that WANT to earn a check, not earn it just from college numbers...which mean squat.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

Share 49ersWebzone