
In a normal year, is he worth #45, probably not, but we may have to reach to get a QB.
There are 830 users in the forums
Browse 49ers books and videos

Originally posted by Otter:
Not bad. I'd be happy with Prince, Houston, and Stanzi. I'm not convinced he'll be there in the 4th. I think he goes earlier. Possibly as low as #45.
In a normal year, is he worth #45, probably not, but we may have to reach to get a QB.
Originally posted by Otter:
Not bad. I'd be happy with Prince, Houston, and Stanzi. I'm not convinced he'll be there in the 4th. I think he goes earlier. Possibly as low as #45.
In a normal year, is he worth #45, probably not, but we may have to reach to get a QB.
Originally posted by Jwalk:Originally posted by Otter:
Not bad. I'd be happy with Prince, Houston, and Stanzi. I'm not convinced he'll be there in the 4th. I think he goes earlier. Possibly as low as #45.
In a normal year, is he worth #45, probably not, but we may have to reach to get a QB.
Using recent history as a model you can see that the 8th slotted qb has been selected no earlier then pick 121. I have Stanzi going 13 picks higher at 108. I think it would be a miracle if Stanzi was the 8th qb selected at #45.
Just saying..... Take a look....
Originally posted by Otter:Originally posted by Jwalk:Originally posted by Otter:
Not bad. I'd be happy with Prince, Houston, and Stanzi. I'm not convinced he'll be there in the 4th. I think he goes earlier. Possibly as low as #45.
In a normal year, is he worth #45, probably not, but we may have to reach to get a QB.
Using recent history as a model you can see that the 8th slotted qb has been selected no earlier then pick 121. I have Stanzi going 13 picks higher at 108. I think it would be a miracle if Stanzi was the 8th qb selected at #45.
Just saying..... Take a look....
You are certainly correct from a historical perspective. This just isn't a normal year in my opinion. With the uncertainty of free agency, it might force teams to act unnaturally. I hope you're right, I would love both Prince and Houston and still land a QB as late as 4, I'm just not optimistic and expect a run.
We'll know a lot more tonight.
Originally posted by BillWalsh:
I don't see us grabbing 3 stanford guys just because Harbaugh coached there. Bill Walsh often passed on his own stanford guys for guys from other teams who would be better NFL players.
Originally posted by Jwalk:
I actually went and looked it up all the way back to 1970. Three times the 8th qb has been selected before pick 108.
1999, Joe Germaine, 101st pick.
1990, Scott Mitchell, 93rd pick.
1971, Joe Theisman, 99th pick.
Im calling it right now, Stanzi wont go before pick 93.
Originally posted by Otter:
Posting this for Jwalk.
I have only Mocked out the top 10 and the rest is purely Niner picks. We may need to move up and down a little but we should be in good position to land this draft.
1. Carolina Panthers: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
2. Denver Broncos: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
3. Buffalo Bills: Von Miller, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
4. Cincinnati Bengals: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
5. Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
6. Cleveland Browns: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
7. San Francisco 49ers: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
8. Tennessee Titans: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
9. Dallas Cowboys: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
10. Washington Redskins: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
45. Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia..... He should be on the table at 45 after the failed drug test but he wont be around when we pick again at 76. Instant starter to replace Parys.
76. Daunte Moch, OLB, Nevada.... We might need to move up a few spots here but he could be a monster for us on 3rd downs getting after the qb. Using him as a 3rd down rush specialist would allow him to contribute significantly his rookie campaingn.
108. Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa.....No reason he shouldnt be sitting right here in the bottom of the 4th. I dont think he gets taken before this. Some will disagree but this is how I see it unfolding.
115. Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss..... 6`2 335 lbs of NT.
141. Owen Marecic, FB, Stanford..... I know a lot of mocks have this but it really does fit and make sense.
174. Roy Helu, RB, Nebraska..... Roy "You Say" Helu is big and fast, 6ft 220 and runs a 4.42. Turned some heads at the combine.
190. David Carter, DE/DT, UCLA... Big tall Prototypical 3-4 DE that can bat a ton of balls down at the line. Something we have been lacking with our Vertically challenged line.
211. Richard Sherman, CB/FS, Stanford..... Familiaraity could have him contributing on ST and defense right away.
231. Zach Hurd, G, Connecticut..... Another big young body to compete.
239. Ryan Whalen, WR, Stanford..... Familiaraity could have him contributing on ST and offense right away.
250. Kai Forbath, K, UCLA.... Nedney is 38.
Originally posted by Otter:
Posting this for Jwalk.
I have only Mocked out the top 10 and the rest is purely Niner picks. We may need to move up and down a little but we should be in good position to land this draft.
1. Carolina Panthers: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
2. Denver Broncos: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
3. Buffalo Bills: Von Miller, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
4. Cincinnati Bengals: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
5. Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
6. Cleveland Browns: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
7. San Francisco 49ers: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
8. Tennessee Titans: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
9. Dallas Cowboys: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
10. Washington Redskins: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
45. Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia..... He should be on the table at 45 after the failed drug test but he wont be around when we pick again at 76. Instant starter to replace Parys.
76. Daunte Moch, OLB, Nevada.... We might need to move up a few spots here but he could be a monster for us on 3rd downs getting after the qb. Using him as a 3rd down rush specialist would allow him to contribute significantly his rookie campaingn.
108. Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa.....No reason he shouldnt be sitting right here in the bottom of the 4th. I dont think he gets taken before this. Some will disagree but this is how I see it unfolding.
115. Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss..... 6`2 335 lbs of NT.
141. Owen Marecic, FB, Stanford..... I know a lot of mocks have this but it really does fit and make sense.
174. Roy Helu, RB, Nebraska..... Roy "You Say" Helu is big and fast, 6ft 220 and runs a 4.42. Turned some heads at the combine.
190. David Carter, DE/DT, UCLA... Big tall Prototypical 3-4 DE that can bat a ton of balls down at the line. Something we have been lacking with our Vertically challenged line.
211. Richard Sherman, CB/FS, Stanford..... Familiaraity could have him contributing on ST and defense right away.
231. Zach Hurd, G, Connecticut..... Another big young body to compete.
239. Ryan Whalen, WR, Stanford..... Familiaraity could have him contributing on ST and offense right away.
250. Kai Forbath, K, UCLA.... Nedney is 38.