There are 684 users in the forums
2011 3-4 OLB prospects
- 1 2
Browse 49ers books and videos
Mar 13, 2011 at 1:28 PM
- Travisty13
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,269
Ryan Kerrigan and Aldon Smith
Mar 13, 2011 at 1:29 PM
- vrabbit
- Veteran
- Posts: 35,953
how is Acho on this list?
Also, Beal will struggle as a 3-4 OLB IMO, he's more of a 4-3 DE
Also, Beal will struggle as a 3-4 OLB IMO, he's more of a 4-3 DE
Mar 13, 2011 at 1:40 PM
- WillistheWall
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,848
Originally posted by vrabbit:
how is Acho on this list?
Also, Beal will struggle as a 3-4 OLB IMO, he's more of a 4-3 DE
You mean where is Acho right? Because I definitely think he can play OLB, he tested pretty fast at the combine and is pretty athletic. But yeah, I agree he should be on this list. And Beal ran like a 5.1 which pretty much wrecked his draft stock. He went from being a 2nd or 3rd to maybe a 6th or 7th IMO.
Mar 13, 2011 at 1:42 PM
- ColdFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 231
FYI, the list you took was copied from an October list on the WalterFootball.com website under 2011 NFL Draft Prospects, 3-4 Rush Linebackers. Please note that the list is updated with some regularity and the latest version (as of March 11) is available now at the site. The latest version includes new info and changed ratings based on the events to date, including end of season, combine, and pro days. From a quick glance, there has been a fair amount of movement in these ratings. I would post a link if I were smart enough.
I think the Draft Tek (sic probably) prospect rankings also indicates what they consider to be the primary and secondary positions (such as 3-4 OLB, 3-4 DE) but I'm not sure if you can sort that to weed out the positions of interest. Hope this helps. Cheers.
I think the Draft Tek (sic probably) prospect rankings also indicates what they consider to be the primary and secondary positions (such as 3-4 OLB, 3-4 DE) but I'm not sure if you can sort that to weed out the positions of interest. Hope this helps. Cheers.
Mar 13, 2011 at 1:45 PM
- OnTheClock
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 38,567
Virtually all of these size dimensions are off. Beal timed in the 5.1's -- probably not going to play OLB. Steven Friday checked in I believe in the 220's, too small for the 3-4.
Mar 13, 2011 at 1:45 PM
- ColdFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 231
I just noticed the postings made when I was writing my response. Please note that Acho is #6 and Beal #13 on the March 11 list on the WalterFootball site.
Mar 13, 2011 at 1:57 PM
- CoachingMatters
- Member
- Posts: 364
Originally posted by ColdFan:
I just noticed the postings made when I was writing my response. Please note that Acho is #6 and Beal #13 on the March 11 list on the WalterFootball site.
I changed it thanks. Not a lot of info out there on this.
Mar 13, 2011 at 2:17 PM
- Travisty13
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,269
Originally posted by CoachingMatters:Originally posted by ColdFan:
I just noticed the postings made when I was writing my response. Please note that Acho is #6 and Beal #13 on the March 11 list on the WalterFootball site.
I changed it thanks. Not a lot of info out there on this.
Why still no Kerrigan? Do you not think he's a potential 3-4 OLB?
Mar 13, 2011 at 5:27 PM
- BillWalsh
- Veteran
- Posts: 181
It says Dontay Moch's 40 time was the fastest in a decade for a linebacker but Patrick Williis ran something like a 4.38 at the combine.
Mar 13, 2011 at 6:07 PM
- m_brockalexander
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,379
My wish list
Miller
Quinn
Reed
Kerrigan
A. Smith
Acho
B Miller
Keiser
Buyer beware
Ayers
Moch - Mike Mamula and Vernon Gholston all over again
Sheard
Beal
Friday
Daniels
Miller
Quinn
Reed
Kerrigan
A. Smith
Acho
B Miller
Keiser
Buyer beware
Ayers
Moch - Mike Mamula and Vernon Gholston all over again
Sheard
Beal
Friday
Daniels
Mar 13, 2011 at 6:15 PM
- genus49
- Moderator
- Posts: 28,455
Originally posted by BillWalsh:
It says Dontay Moch's 40 time was the fastest in a decade for a linebacker but Patrick Williis ran something like a 4.38 at the combine.
No he didnt.
Mar 13, 2011 at 6:27 PM
- crabman82
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,024
Originally posted by genus49:Originally posted by BillWalsh:
It says Dontay Moch's 40 time was the fastest in a decade for a linebacker but Patrick Williis ran something like a 4.38 at the combine.
No he didnt.
he saved the 4.38 for when kenny powers was timing him
Mar 13, 2011 at 10:34 PM
- TenderLoinTimmy
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,866
Originally posted by crabman82:Originally posted by genus49:Originally posted by BillWalsh:
It says Dontay Moch's 40 time was the fastest in a decade for a linebacker but Patrick Williis ran something like a 4.38 at the combine.
No he didnt.
he saved the 4.38 for when kenny powers was timing him
Yeah, he posted an official 4.49 at the combine and ran like 4.39 or 4.37 or something ridiculous at the Ole Miss pro day.
Mar 13, 2011 at 11:06 PM
- 9moon
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,282
Again, i wouldnt draft Miller at the 7th spot.. if we happen to trade out of the top 10, that would be the only time that I would consider him..
- 1 2