LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 176 users in the forums

Drafting 2 quarterbacks

How would everyone feel about drafting 2 QB's this year. I really think it'll be a crapshoot with all of the QB's mention on whomever bandwagon you are apart of.

This is just a general question and would appreciate opinions.

I think for this year, we have to do it. There is just too much riding on the one guy we get. I think this would be great for insurance purposes.
We have too many other needs.
I think Harbaugh will really believe in whichever QB he choses in the first 4 rounds... so no, I don't expect a second QB to be drafted in those rounds. Probably bring in a very late round or UDFA (or 2) QB just to have a shot at the practice squad though.
2nd rounder and Greg "he's our new 6th round boy" McElroy.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I for one am probably in the minority (what else is new come draft time eh? )but i'd be ok with it. IF all the stars aligned correctly.

Say Ponder in the 2nd. (Though I believe we'll have to trade up to get but...) Then if say Dalton or Stanzi is still there in the 4th, Why the hell not?

The 4th round picdk we choose. Who ever that may be, will likely be a backup player for us. So why not a backup QB? Would provide competition for both QB's. Not too mention in theory they'd likely get the same tutledge right out of the gate as opposed to trying to coach up the starter and letting the backup guy basically learn from watching.

If QB is the most important player on the field. Then backup QB > than backup any thing else right?
Just as long as one of them isnt named Newton.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

A'ole

or gabbert
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

A'ole

Not a fan brah......I think he's gonna be a head case problem in the future.....I can see it just by the way he handles the press......but then again Deon Sanders was the same way but I dont think he's gonna be a playmaker in the NFL like Prime.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

or gabbert

OHHHH, Im actually all for drafting Gabbert.lol

• Paul
  • Veteran
last time we did that we ended up with....

A'ole

Not a fan brah......I think he's gonna be a head case problem in the future.....I can see it just by the way he handles the press......but then again Deon Sanders was the same way but I dont think he's gonna be a playmaker in the NFL like Prime.

nah i think he has the potential to be a stud but he is not worth a 7, more so with the players that might be at 7 aka Patrick Peterson!

Cam deserves to be a mid 1st, with the hype he might go 1st overall. He would be just a side note if Luck came out, he would have less than half the hype.

A'ole

nah i think he has the potential to be a stud but he is not worth a 7, more so with the players that might be at 7 aka Patrick Peterson!

Cam deserves to be a mid 1st, with the hype he might go 1st overall. He would be just a side note if Luck came out, he would have less than half the hype.

Yea I beleive he's gonna be good, I mean he's 6-6 230 something like that, I mean he's got all the tools.....I just hope he gets in the first 6 so we get a solid corner or pass rusher that we need.
It's definitely a possibility, but I think we'll probably draft one and sign another as an UDFA. David Carr definitely doesn't seem to fit into Harbaugh's plan.

I feel like Harbaugh is pimping Alex Smith because he knows Carr is trash and he also knows that it'll be a couple years before he can groom his rookie(s). Alex just happens to best stop gap available at the moment. I'm sure they're looking at a possible target or two via trade/FA, but they're definitely not going to go public about it. Alex is just insurance. Harbaugh knows it would be a disaster to start the season with Carr as our #1.

I fully expect as to bring in more than one prospect, regardless of where they happen to fall in the draft process.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
2nd rounder and Greg "he's our new 6th round boy" McElroy.

co-signed
Share 49ersWebzone