LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

How about this Draft: (Updated)

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
1 Car: Fairley DT Auburn
2 Den: Bowers DE Clemson
3 Buff: Von Miller OLB/DE
4 Cinn: Patrick Peterson CB LSU (I have some other team trading up to take him)
5 AZ: Robert Quinn OLB/DE UNC
6: CLE: AJ Green WR Georgia

Trade #7 to the Jags (1500 points) for their #16 and #49 (1400 points)

Trade 2012 4th for QB Josh Johnson Tampa

16 Ryan Kerigan OLB/DE Purdue
45 Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
49 Trade pick for QB Kevin Kolb
3rd Sione Fua NT Stanford
4th Jeron Johnson S Boise St
4th Greg Salas WR Hawaii
5th Owen Mareic FB Stanford
6th Richard Marshall CB Stanford
7th BPA OT

Have them throw in a 4th or 5th and then I'd like it. I like pick of Kerrigan. (I'm a homer when it comes to Purdue players) But I really think he's going to be great in the NFL. I don't like the trade for Kolb either. He hasn't shown me anything to warrant a high draft choice. I'd rather sign Alex as our stop-gap with Johnson backing him up (if the trade were to happen), and then draft a QB for Harbaugh to groom.
Originally posted by 9erguy[/quote:

Kerrigan is a beast, but if we're looking to go that route, what about Dareus or Clayborn. From the tape Ive watched and everything I am hearing about Clayborn, he going to be a monster..even if he had a down year(he was double-teamed most of the year) and has characer issues (I want the meanest of the mean on my DL)

If we get Jimmy Smith at 45

Otherwise, Nice picks! I would be happy with this draft.

Clayborn is overrated. I'm not impressed with him at all. Kerrigan was double teamed majority of the season and still put up great numbers. Clayborn seemed to give up on plays a lot while on the other hand Kerrigan is relentless and doesn't give up on plays. He always seems to find the ball carrier or the QB. Plus we need OLB before we need DE. I do like the Jimmy Smith pick in the 2nd too though.
id cream my pants if this exact scenario played out
Thats an awesome draft. Im sure we would have to trade our 2nd and possible next years second for Kolb though....It is a likely scenario though.

Nice Job Man! Well thought up.
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
id cream my pants if this exact scenario played out

thank you sir
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Thats an awesome draft. Im sure we would have to trade our 2nd and possible next years second for Kolb though....It is a likely scenario though.

Nice Job Man! Well thought up.

yeah obviously the QB situation is almost impossible to predict
  • evil
  • Veteran
Who exactly is Jacksonville trading UP for ?

Let us not forget they had no 2nd round pick last year, so for them to trade up and sacrifice that pick again, it would have to be for a top 5 pick dropping IMHO. They need help in a few areas and Del Rio knows his doesn't have a whole lot of job security going forward.
EVeryone has Von Miller creeping that high, but I really don't see it. I think he goes in the teens, since he is a little undersized. Granted, some little gguys have succeeded in the 3-4 OLB, it is much less common than the larger 6-4 or greater, 240+ guys.
Share 49ersWebzone